It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Religious Disinformation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswaterThose dive bombing birds are heck ain't they?
Yes they are.

You continue to put me under one umbrella. That is okay as long as it is the umbrella of GOD which we are all under or shall I say a part of.
Of course I do because that is how you portray yourself to be. You might take solace in thinking that you embrace all religions, your posts however show that you have been fully indoctrinated only into Christianity, with a bit of pretentious ostentation thrown in for good measure.

GOD bless
Bow to my inner spirit you should, and God bless what? You throw that around like you solely are handing out quarters to the salvation army at Christmas. I am blessed by the real God thank you, he only had to do so once to make it everlasting, and I doubt he has need of a written version of a broken record to bless all of his children.

[edit on 6/21/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

[edit on 6/21/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

your posts however show that you have been fully indoctrinated only into Christianity, with a bit of pretentious ostentation thrown in for good measure.

Yes, you are correct as I have admitted before. However, I would not use the word indoctrinated. Just more general knowledge of due to the country that I live. The other "religions" I know of virtually nothing as freely admitted also.

Pretentious-yes a bit. Just my nature as yours is what yours is. Fortunately, we realize that there is a GOD. However, he is the GOD of all. I suspect you already knew that though.

Interesting paraphrase

[edit on 21-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

your posts however show that you have been fully indoctrinated only into Christianity, with a bit of pretentious ostentation thrown in for good measure.

Yes, you are correct as I have admitted before. However, I would not use the word indoctrinated. Just more general knowledge of due to the country that I live. The other "religions" I know of virtually nothing as freely admitted also.
In other words, if you were born in a largely Muslamic country you would likely be touting Islam.

I agree. So what exactly is the worth of your predisposed doctrine which is Christianity, over any other for you to be touting same?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I agree. So what exactly is the worth of your predisposed doctrine which is Christianity, over any other for you to be touting same?

Jesus's sermon from the mountaintop in Matthew I try to live by. He spoke of love. Also, his statement-"I am the light."

My family quit taking me to Sunday school, vacation Bible school, and church at the age of 8. As you can tell I barely remember any indoctination except being taught that Jesus spoke of love.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

My family quit taking me to Sunday school, vacation Bible school, and church at the age of 8. As you can tell I barely remember any indoctination except being taught that Jesus spoke of love.

Ah, that means that Christianity was subconciously there all the time - booga booga, us vodoo Christians zombies have no free will, we're all mindless sheep, etc.

Sorry, just wanted to say it before someone else did.

I know what you mean madman, just waiting for the typical cynic's response. I'm sorry skeptics, didn't mean to steal your line. Go ahead...

[edit on 24-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Jesus's sermon from the mountaintop in Matthew I try to live by. He spoke of love. Also, his statement-"I am the light."

Let us try this again. In the context of you being pre-disposed to Christianity because of the country within which you were born, what is the worth of that doctrine over say, those believing in Mohammed because they were pre-disposed by birth to Islam?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Ah, that means that Christianity was subconciously there all the time - booga booga, us vodoo Christians zombies have no free will, we're all mindless sheep, etc.

Saint, I think you just hit the nail on the head there.
Many non-Christians just don't realize that Christians are not mindless sheep. Sure some will follow the flavor of the day doctrine, but most of the people I have encountered on these boards and elsewhere are free thinking individuals.

Christian does NOT = mind controlled sheep.

With all of the "doctrines" out there, we have to be diligent in interpeting the teachings of Christ and the Bible. This means that we must study these things on our own to determine what is right and what is disinformation.

stud·y

The pursuit of knowledge, as by reading, observation, or research.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Let us try this again. In the context of you being pre-disposed to Christianity because of the country within which you were born, what is the worth of that doctrine over say, those believing in Mohammed because they were pre-disposed by birth to Islam?

Again, I will say. Jesus spoke of love of fellow man, love of GOD, and his teachings of how we should all treat each is what I follow. I believe it is purty dad burned good teaching.

If Mohammed, Confucious, Buddha, spoke the same I say GOOD!!! I'll go with that also. I don't really care who says it. As long as FEAR and intolerance is not preached, and someone loves GOD is all the same for me.

Again, I follow the light.

One can't corner someone who stands in none unless it is the corner of GOD.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswaterAgain, I will say. Jesus spoke of love of fellow man, love of GOD, and his teachings of how we should all treat each is what I follow. I believe it is purty dad burned good teaching.
I won’t make a third attempt to get you to answer on point, since you obviously think skirting around the issue fools the reader. Instead I will state what you are afraid to admit.

ME- if you were born in a largely Muslamic country you would likely be touting Islam. Of course I do because that is how you portray yourself to be. You might take solace in thinking that you embrace all religions, your posts however show that you have been fully indoctrinated only into Christianity…AND if you were born in a largely Muslamic country you would likely be touting Islam. AND So what exactly is the worth of your predisposed doctrine which is Christianity, over any other for you to be touting same?
These are your non-answers:

Jesus's sermon from the mountaintop in Matthew I try to live by. He spoke of love. Also, his statement-"I am the light." My family quit taking me to Sunday school,…AND Again, I will say. Jesus spoke of love of fellow man, love of GOD, and his teachings… AND If Mohammed, Confucious, Buddha, spoke the same I say GOOD!!! I'll go with that also.

You are on this site preaching the Christian doctrine, not Islam: Hinduism; Jim Jones revisionism; Hare Krishnaism; Buddhism or any other am or ism. Yet you willingly admit that you have no idea what any other has to say and cannot know whether or not the religion you embrace is in fact truth because you have performed no due diligence, and therefore have robbed yourself of the education that would come as a result. Further, since you admit that your bias toward Christianity is as a result of your birth country, it is safe to say that your premise for embracing that dogma comes from your lack of willingness to research any others, and from your indoctrination into Christianity.

In short, your belief is biased, unresearched and therefore unfounded.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I won’t make a third attempt to get you to answer on point, since you obviously think skirting around the issue fools the reader.

I attempt to fool no one.

I also attempt to make a fool of no one.

However, what you say about being born and raised is true. This point I bring up constantly with my "talks" with members of the Christian religion.

Are you saying that because I think that what Jesus taught on the mountaintop is good that that is bad?

Are you saying that one should not attempt to love their fellow man? That one should not attempt to ridicule their fellow man? That everything in this universe does not need to work together? Is that actually what you are trying to say somewhere?

Lack of study? Hmm...didn't know one needs to "study" GOD. You imply that it is not necessary as I also believe.

You don't believe in "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Yea, that's a Christian principle and if everyone followed it this world would be a lot better off. However, one should know that already without having to be "taught".

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Are you saying that because I think that what Jesus taught on the mountaintop is good that that is bad?

Are you saying that one should not attempt to love their fellow man? That one should not attempt to ridicule their fellow man? That everything in this universe does not need to work together? Is that actually what you are trying to say somewhere?

Lack of study? Hmm...didn't know one needs to "study" GOD. You imply that it is not necessary as I also believe.

You don't believe in "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Yea, that's a Christian principle and if everyone followed it this world would be a lot better off. However, one should know that already without having to be "taught".
Your answer to all of those was previously provided and remain unchanged. That principle you speak to is far older than Christian god you can think to summon. If you truly hold that study of God is essential, then start it and start it several posts ago! Instead you are in here bantering with me and proving the contrary. The link was provided to you, why do you still refuse to read it, is it out of fear that you would find your doctrine was actually created by pagan Egyptians?

Somewhereinbetween- You are on this site preaching the Christian doctrine, not Islam: Hinduism; Jim Jones revisionism; Hare Krishnaism; Buddhism or any other am or ism. Yet you willingly admit that you have no idea what any other has to say and cannot know whether or not the religion you embrace is in fact truth because you have performed no due diligence, and therefore have robbed yourself of the education that would come as a result. Further, since you admit that your bias toward Christianity is as a result of your birth country, it is safe to say that your premise for embracing that dogma comes from your lack of willingness to research any others, and from your indoctrination into Christianity.

In short, your belief is biased, unresearched and therefore unfounded.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The link was provided to you, why do you still refuse to read it, is it out of fear that you would find your doctrine was actually created by pagan Egyptians?

Well, I did read it. I discovered another writing of man, and someone wanting me to believe what they believe. Go by the dogma they go by. Another "religion". However, I will read up on it some. Maybe to get an understanding of where you come from. One knocks Christianity and promotes another just as Christianity knocks others while promoting itself.

Fiddledee

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy here that wants to mislead people who want to learn more about their faith? If so, who's running it? Secular forces pushing moral relativism over traditional values are certainly involved, but could there be more, a NWO/Illuminati conspiracy possibly backed by an evil force, even involving the antichrist? I think it's possible"

I believe there has been massive corruption of what Christ actually taught and what has been handed down over the ages by lessor men.
If we take only what Jesus said and did, it will conflict with most of the rest of the Bible. We are given tortured reasoning why this is so, and we must adhere to faith and not question the conflict.
Christ fed, clothed, housed people. he did not ask if they believed in him first, he did not care what they had done in the past. He did not condemn any, did not demand that his followers condemn another. He led by example, and his example was to look after any and all he came across on earth. Thats it. too simple for most people to understand let alone follow i guess.

Power mad men corrupted the teachings he left. Jesus made no comments regarding women as second class citizens, yet the bible somehow had books added that force women into this role ( mostly the writings of Paul, who was saul of tarsus. Came in handy to oppress women the last few thousand years).
Jesus made no claims as in the book of Revelations, yet this was added hundreds of years later to frighten less educated people and increase the church.
Homosexuality was not even mentioned by jesus, yet we have entire church movements condeming another human being, people they dont know and will never meet.

The question is; is there a Conspiracy..?

Yes there is. It is contained within the Bible already. It was sown there by power mad men that require women to be oppressed, must terrify people to lead them to God, and now use the Bible to nurture Political aspirations and invade foreign lands. Each "Christian" that supports this madness is complicit with the conspiracy as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
that's the most sensible post this thread has seen, nice job toolmaker. i know where my way above vote goes to.

the pope takes it upon himself to tell us homosexuality is wrong, same sex marriage is wrong, divorce is wrong, abortion is wrong...the thing is he cant stop these so whats the point in saying them. the thing religion mose importantly forgot and still forgets today is it doesnt allow people to follow their emotions, because they're so busy following their religious ideals. if you were a member of a church and confessed you were homosexual, or in a same sex marriage, they probably woudn't ever want to hear from you again. im certain if any of jesus' desciples were gay, he would accept them for who they are, and not condemn them for who they are. the same goes for divorce, religion ignores how a person may feel and says, the right thing would be to stay married. this goes against everything a human is, you then can't express your feelings and emotions in a way you want to because your tied down to religion. abortion...well thats a whole other story.

jesus, whether or not he was the son of god, taught well, his ideas were so far ahead of his time, yet we still haven't picked up on them. christians idolised jesus, yet can't even begin to understand what the man said. they supposedly have a relationship with god, yet can't even follow their 'true' emotions and feelings, because they are guided by their religions. religion is one thing...a dictatorship, there's no inbetween, its one thing or the other, hence life in heaven or death...you may as well have hitler running the church.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you believe there is a God,
But that God is doing immoral, unjust and corrupt things,
Would you still follow that God?

What if you eternal existence depended on it?

Is your personal moral compass more important to you,
or are the seductive qualities of [supposed] infinite power more important?

The old testament God supports slavery, do you?
The old testament God supports selling your daughter(s) into slavery, do you?
The old testament God supports stoning a young bride to death if she is not a virgin, do you?
The old testament God supports stoning someone for commiting adultery, do you?
The old testament God bars the use of interest bearing loans, do you? Remember that would include your mortgage, bank savings, bonds, you know the stuff that the nation's and world's economies are based on.

Or do you just believe what you want and hope that sucking up will cover any differences of opinion?

Just trying to gain some insight. I admit to being mystified by what logic process is going on.

Or do you just sweep it all away in the name of faith while promoting old testament barbarianism?

Feel free to clue me in here.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slankThe old testament God supports slavery, do you?
The old testament God supports stoning a young bride to death if she is not a virgin, do you?
The old testament God bars the use of interest bearing loans, do you? Remember that would include your mortgage, bank savings, bonds, you know the stuff that the nation's and world's economies are based on.
Don't forget:

The Old Testament god supported taxation through tithing, or the issuing of bans calling for investment in the treasury when he had the taste for the blood of his non-favoured children.

The Old Testament god had an affinity for precious metals and baubles. He must be well adorned.

The Old Testament god, enjoyed the bloodlust of his four-legged creatures, backed by those currencies of that day..

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswaterWell, I did read it. I discovered another writing of man, and someone wanting me to believe what they believe. Go by the dogma they go by.
I am not asking you to believe anything I believe, since you incorrectly identify my belief despite my making my position clear, so you have me confused with the politics of your attachment to religious affiliation. I would rather you think for yourself, and most certainly at least adhere in the minutest way possible to that which you claim:

YOU- If Mohammed, Confucious, Buddha, spoke the same I say GOOD!!! I'll go with that also. I don't really care who says it. As long as FEAR and intolerance is not preached, and someone loves GOD is all the same for me.

You now owe that same affiliation to Amenemope and his god Ra, which should not be too tough a step for you, since that was always to whom your doctrine was based, you just called him Jesus and had no clue he had prior names.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
If you believe there is a God,
But that God is doing immoral, unjust and corrupt things,
Would you still follow that God?

What if you eternal existence depended on it?

Is your personal moral compass more important to you,
or are the seductive qualities of [supposed] infinite power more important?

The old testament God supports slavery, do you?

Or do you just believe what you want and hope that sucking up will cover any differences of opinion?

Just trying to gain some insight. I admit to being mystified by what logic process is going on.

Or do you just sweep it all away in the name of faith while promoting old testament barbarianism?

Feel free to clue me in here.

I read the whole Bible, seeking truth and understanding, did you?

[edit on 27-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
how do you read a book with 'truth and understanding'. surely reading a book, is still reading a book. you're not reading it one way or another. the bible's got some crazy s**t in it. its got some good points to make as well. lessons to be learnt, teachings to be taught and so on.

im certain the way a christian views the bible and reads the bible is completly different to the way an athiest may look at it.

a classic example of what my christian friend usually does, and i've told her time and time again she keeps doing this. is hearing something and just flat out believing it. i doubt its the same for all christians, but she always does it with her religion. she told me at church their youth leader had told them about bible codes, showed them a few examples, and she now believes them to be true. i think on the surface it would be hard to say 'hey wait, maybe they're not true'...however, you only need to think for a moment, go look at some evidence and realise its not true, as you can find codes in any book.

so i guess my point is, that when she looks at the bible she's not thinking 'is this true or false what im reading'...she's thinking 'this is true'. so she's already got a biased opinion before she's even read the bible. the way to read the bible would be with an open mind.

on the surface matthew, mark, luke and john look like four eye witness accounts of jesus life. however, scholars have found this to be untrue, these writing many decades after jesus died, they're all copied from one another, they share so many mistakes and differences and with this knowledge you can look at the four gospels and say 'they're not eye witness accounts...how accurate are they'. if you're not asking question about your faith, about the bible and so on then you should. if you asked those questions and after you still have faith, then it can only make it stronger.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As quoted earlier in the thread, the books of Dan Brown are WORKS OF FICTION...
That means they are mearly inventions, the machinatons of the mind of the author they are NOT FACTUAL..

However i cannot help but think that they are being used in a manner as to release information to a public who have passed centuries living in religious blindness.
Its true that each religion shouts "I am the real church follow me", and each spreads its own malicious rumours about the opposition, you only have to read the history books, how many wars between the catholics and protestants, the persecution of the jews in europe for more than 1000 years, the massacre of the cathars in France and many more.

The books of Dan Brown merely explain to the public in an entertaining way that maybe there is another side to the bible stories.
Its a side that EVERY church really doesnt want the public to know because it changes the basis of the faiths.

It would be like coca cola saying "ok you want the truth, our products crap and it makes your teeth fall out, buy fruit juice"

Comercially it would be suicide for the church to admit that the bible is merely a series of lies manipulated over the past 1500 years by every sucessive power that had the need to change it to secure its political or economical future.
The basis of faith is human necessidad.
If theres no need, what will the church do? Blame Dan Brown?
So, they automatically name Dan Brown the antichrist and spend thousands of dollars on press releases and mis information to protect the "GOOD NAME" of the catholic church.
I dont believe hes anti catholic, he just wants to spread the word that there is a history behind the bible, and meanwhile make a few million dollars, who wouldnt.

And for those catholics who see it as a direct attack on the catholic church -

WHAT DO YOU FEAR ? THE TRUTH?

Or are you maybe a little pissed that since you was a child all that theyve taught you isnt the truth and maybe you starting to doubt the basis of your own faith.
To qoute shakespeare "Me thinks the lady doth protest too much", the guilty always scream their innocence..just like the new pope hiding evidence that 1000s of catholic preists are peadophiles..
The books Brown are guilty of exsposing the falsehoods and the hypocrasies of the catholic church, nothing more...but the davinci code was a damn good read.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join