It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Religious Disinformation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

...im not bothered, send me to either one and ill put up with it. and dont go in to all the hell is really dark and so black and so scary, its like eternal pain...oooo scary...quick wheres my bible, wheres a priest, i need to recant, quick baptise me

I would have never told you that hell is a dark scary place, or a hot one that will burn you forever. Your going thru your sort of hell now. As I am going through my sort.

When our physical existence ends and we enter the eternal light then we will be in heaven. Please no lumping!!

Namaste' and GOD bless

well when i told a christian friend of mine she seemed concerned that i would want to go there as itd be my worst nightmare, so much pain etc etc...yet there;s going to be more going to hell than heaven according to christians, so yeah like i said im not gonna be alone.

im not sure what namaste means, i think in general just means 'peace out'...right? however, another example of christians ignorance towards other people 'god bless'... in the words of police chief wiggam 'take it outside god boy'. like when someone sneezes some people will say 'god bless you' because of course its your soul escaping. now people will refer to it as just 'bless you'. just stop blessing us with your god, i dont need it and many others dont. if i wanted to be blessed by god, id go to church.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
however, another example of christians ignorance towards other people 'god bless'... in the words of police chief wiggam 'take it outside god boy'. like when someone sneezes some people will say 'god bless you' because of course its your soul escaping.

Check your history books. It began by papal degree (Pope Gregory 540-640 A.D.) when the Bubonic plague was going around. Sneezing was an initial sign of the infection. The "God bless you!" was an emergency throw of hope at someone who was about to keel over. In other words, people were trying to help.

www.pointask.com...

now people will refer to it as just 'bless you'. just stop blessing us with your god, i dont need it and many others dont. if i wanted to be blessed by god, id go to church.

People say 'bless you' now because of all the brow beating from non-God types. Out of respect, most Christians will omit that...but others don't so,

God bless you shaunybaby, with an open mind and most of all, an open heart.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I am curious, Madman, so a question if I may:

Are you Christian; Hindi or some mix?

Your "namaste" signoff is what makes me enquire.

Very hard yet easy to explain. I am a great believer in the eternal light, and that light runs through everything animate or inanimate in this universe. It's what keeps this place up and running.

Jesus Christ? Yes, I'm a believer. Perhaps differently than many Christians. Jesus was the son of GOD. Just as we are all the sons and daughters of GOD. Jesus spoke of peace and love. He spoke of treating all with respect-the Golden Rule Deal. I live by his teachings. Why? In the book of Matthew, the first of the New Testament Jesus laid down the "ground rules". If everyone would read his teachings from the mountain with an open mind and applied them much of this mixed up world would straighten itself out.

He also made the statement, "I am the light." Again this light is the energy that holds everything together. Jesus went to the cross defending his faith in GOD and the light. What great strength that took. Was Jesus "immaculately conceived". I don't know the answer to that question. However, he said "Go with me". I would and will follow him for he spoke nothing but love.

Namaste'-I "worship" your inner soul. The inner soul, the light, the Holy Spirit that is within each of us.

We are all a small piece of GOD. Everything is.

I really don't like to be "lumped" into any one "religion". I consider myself a very spiritual person. If one does not accept GOD then they really deny their own existence. GOD is what powers them.

Namaste' and GOD bless

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Great. Now we are so predictable that we can can compare box office numbers to life in general.

And now network television are all marketing for a share of our minds, too.

When are we going to take the power back?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I am curious, Madman, so a question if I may:

Are you Christian; Hindi or some mix?

Your "namaste" signoff is what makes me enquire.

Hey I had the same question! I didn't know quite how to ask so I'm glad you brought it up.

Was Jesus "immaculately conceived". I don't know the answer to that question.

What makes the immaculate conception more difficult to accept than Jesus' miracles, teachings and resurrection? Is it because he would then be different than you and I?

I think I have things to learn through your perspective. It seems to me you do see the New Testament in a different way than I do and am curious to how you've arrived at your conclusions. All in time and discussion though.

May love, faith, and hope be with you always,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Sneezing was an initial sign of the infection.

God bless you shaunybaby, with an open mind and most of all, an open heart.

sneezing an early sign of bubonic plague?..there were no 'early' signs, you got it and were dead within 24 to 48 hours. i've never heard of sneezing being one of the symptoms though. anyways repspect my view on the blessings from god...i don't sign off and say 'may satan bless you' and may the devil have your soul forever. yet you carry on with the god blessings...quit it.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

sneezing an early sign of bubonic plague?..there were no 'early' signs, you got it and were dead within 24 to 48 hours. i've never heard of sneezing being one of the symptoms though.

If you wish to ignore the research of 3 sources that's up to you. I gave you hte name, time and place of the origin so I'm not going to page-fill the thread with additional documentation.

anyways repspect my view on the blessings from god...i don't sign off and say 'may satan bless you' and may the devil have your soul forever. yet you carry on with the god blessings...quit it.

Do you not see the difference between wishing good things to happen to a person and wishing someone ill-will? There's quite a difference between a blessing and a curse, it's not relative. I do not flip out when people say "Good luck", "Happy Easter", or "goddess bless" even though none of them are in-line with my religious views. I can however, appreciate their caring thoughts for me and am grateful that they would empower whatever forces they believe in to help me on my way. If "God bless" is undesirable to you, please make sure you say something to the people who say "good luck", "take care", "Happy Easter", etc. to be fair. Personally I like to know where people stand instead of sitting tied to a chair with Politically Correct Duct-Tape over their mouths. There are governments that impose that. I'm glad I'm not in the system that does.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What makes the immaculate conception more difficult to accept than Jesus' miracles, teachings and resurrection? Is it because he would then be different than you and I?

In a way saint we are all immaculately conceived. It is not "difficult" for me to accept. I just don't know. The verses I have read on such can really be taken a couple of ways. NO, it is not because he would be different than you or I. We are all different from each other yet we are all the same.

New Testament Interpretation- Where do I get it from? The heart. What I sometimes find interesting is when many of my beliefs appear somewhere. If that makes any sense.

Have you watched the recent Star Wars trilogy? No, I don't get my beliefs out of them. What I am amazed about is the spiritual implications that run through it very closely mirror my thinking. It is choked full of them. Think for a minute. What do the Jedi represent? Watch the trilogy and catch the spiritual connotations. Who knows maybe George Lucas and I used to be old drinking buddies under a bridge somewhere, lol.

One scene in the movies that comes to mind had a scene that involved the teachings of Jesus if anyone picked up on it. I did. Obi Wan Konobi was speaking to the flying thing that was the slaveholder of Annakin Skywalker. In the scene Obi Wan waved his hand in Jedi fashion trying to influence the flying dude's thinking. He waved it once and the "flyer" kept talking, he did it again and the "flyer' kept talking. Finally the "flyer" told him that it was no use in trying to influence his mind because, "I'm only concerned about money." One can't love GOD and money.

Oh, don't be concerned about asking me questions. I speak freely, and will answer as honestly as possible. It is when one uses the word "no" as in "No, madman that's not right" that I quit speaking. For I would not do the same to them.

Namaste' and GOD bless

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
god bless you might be polite to you but its main connotation is 'god' if you were just 'being polite', like saying thankyou, then you would just say 'bless you'. which i think is polite. yet you say 'god bless you'. which in turn means 'may god bless you', as you say from bubonic plague...may god bless you and make you better and so on. so even though you think you're being polite, youre not. you're telling me 'may god bless me'...which would be the same as a devil worshiping walking the streets saying 'may satan bless you, my friend'...

but hey, free speech is free speech...right. i just wanted to point out that although you may think you're being polite, you're are doing it using a religious term.

god bless you. shaun.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

but hey, free speech is free speech...right. i just wanted to point out that although you may think you're being polite, you're are doing it using a religious term.

Not as a religious term, Shaun. I say it as a spiritual term. Once one learns to differentiate the difference in the two the proper path has begun.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

In a way saint we are all immaculately conceived. It is not "difficult" for me to accept. I just don't know.

I don't think I phrases that properly, but if I may reposition: How do know the miracles Jesus performed, Jesus saying "nothing is impossible with God", and his resurrection are all true but the thought of Mary being conceived by the Holy Spirit and not a man, is questionable? I guess I don't understand where the separation between miracles is.

New Testament Interpretation- Where do I get it from? The heart. What I sometimes find interesting is when many of my beliefs appear somewhere. If that makes any sense.

Yes, kind of like discovering what you thought turns out to be true. I've run into that a number of times.

He waved it once and the "flyer" kept talking, he did it again and the "flyer' kept talking. Finally the "flyer" told him that it was no use in trying to influence his mind because, "I'm only concerned about money." One can't love GOD and money.

Nice pick-up! I never saw it that way before.

Oh, don't be concerned about asking me questions. I speak freely, and will answer as honestly as possible. It is when one uses the word "no" as in "No, madman that's not right" that I quit speaking. For I would not do the same to them.

Namaste' and GOD bless

I think the reason why the Namaste' rubbed with friction, was the context of worshipping something other than God. Now, I know you feel God is in a part of us and is the Holy Spirit. Given that explanation, all I can do is sit back and chew on those thoughts for a while. I think I'd already used the "God thinks differently than we do and is separate" yet as you said we are his creation so we've got to be made up of some kind of 'stuff' that comes from him. Admittedly on first impression, it does sound hindu and non-Christian spiritualist. Given that I rarely get many words in before being prejudged, I don't think I could use the same term, but if it helps - I now know where you're coming from and appreciate the explanation.

As a brother, I have to offer one opinion. When you're positive, you're really positive. I think the only time we bump heads is when we're talking about the Bible and church. In the defense of both, all they ask a person to do is have a personal relationship with God....which it sounds like is the same thing you're saying.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
god bless you is a religious term. jesus christ is a religious term. its the same logic as 'the offside rule' is a football term. a 'straight flush' is a poker term. saying 'god bless you' is a spiritual term, doesn't make it any less a religious term.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think the reason why the Namaste' rubbed with friction, was the context of worshipping something other than God. Now, I know you feel God is in a part of us and is the Holy Spirit.

Worship is not really the proper context that I use the term. Perhaps, "respect" or "love" would be more in line when I use the term.

Ah, Saint, you spoke of not picking up on the "flying dude". There is so much more in those movies that Lucas hit upon. Think about who the Jedi represented. How they were not self centered, how such a small group of them were able to defend. Think about how eventually they were "stabbed in the back" by the very ones they thought they were defending.

There was even a scene when they spoke of one not dying, but passing on to strengthen the "force". They spoke of the little doo-dads(can't remember the name) that were the energy that powered molecules. How Annakin Skywalker had more than any had ever seen. Think about the prophecy that he was "the chosen" that would set the force back into equilibrium. He, of course, eventually did for he was the only one left with enough power to toss the emperor over. They just didn't realize what would happen in between.

These movies were not just "sci-fi" movies with great special effects. They also carry a tremendous message, both spiritual and political. Watch them in this respect and you will pick up much.

Look at the light coming out of Obi Wan's eyes when he is speaking with Annakin one on one. There is no light coming out of Annakin.

Namaste' and GOD bless

[edit on 17-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Very hard yet easy to explain. I am a great believer in the eternal light, and that light runs through everything animate or inanimate in this universe. It's what keeps this place up and running.
And no, it is not hard "to place you." and thank you for your candour.

To each his own as well, for were I to believe that Jesus was the light, I would not be bowing to anyone else's inner light.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

In a way saint we are all immaculately conceived. It is not "difficult" for me to accept. I just don't know.

I don't think I phrases that properly, but if I may reposition: How do know the miracles Jesus performed, Jesus saying "nothing is impossible with God", and his resurrection are all true but the thought of Mary being conceived by the Holy Spirit and not a man, is questionable? I guess I don't understand where the separation between miracles is.

Hi Saint,
In hopes of helping out here, because I am a Catholic, let me explain about the immaculate conception. It was Mary, mother of Jesus who was immaculately conceived. That does not mean by the Holy Spirit as Jesus was conceived. She was conceived in the normal way but with Gods special grace, from merits of her son Jesus Christ.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, page 138.

Through the centuries the Church has become ever more aware that Mary, "full of grace" through God, was redeemed from the moment of her conception.

Same page....

The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin.

Luke 1: 28

And coming to her, he said, "Hail Mary full of Grace".
The translation for that verse has now change and says:

"Hail, favored one!"

The Blessed Mother was already "full of grace" when the angel Gabriel was sent to her.

Luke 1: 34, 35

But Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?" And the angel said to her in reply, "The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.

Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, not Mary.

Mary was immaculately conceived. (saved by Grace from original sin). Therefore she was able to carry Jesus, the son of God, in her womb.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

for were I to believe that Jesus was the light, I would not be bowing to anyone else's inner light.

It is all one in the same my friend. The same Holy Spirit that is Christ. Father, son, and Holy Spirit. The trinity. All one in the same. We are different yet we are all the same. The light that runs through all. Oh, by the way-no bowing. GOD does not wish to be bowed to-just respected and loved.

Namaste' and GOD bless

[edit on 19-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
the trinity was a concept introduced around 700-800 AD to reinforce belief, ironically it makes belief more complicated and conversion even worse. this is because you ask 'some' or 'most' christians, 'what is the holy trinity'...only to get some random, 'ahhh, ummm, well its lots of things really, its ummm, well....' if you're going to learn or be a part of a religion, learn it and understand it...dont just nod your head in acceptance to everything that is being said.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ask 'some' or 'most' christians, 'what is the holy trinity'...only to get some random, 'ahhh, ummm, well its lots of things really, its ummm, well....'

It is all one in the same my friend. The same Holy Spirit that is Christ. Father, son, and Holy Spirit. The trinity. All one in the same. We are different yet we are all the same. The light that runs through all.

shaunybaby, it looks like a prime example for what you just said is built in to the very post you were replying to !!

lmao

I had to ...... HAD TO DON'T YOU SEE !!!

Misfit

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let's see . . .
The [Old Testament] Bible supports slavery,
Having sex with your slaves,
Slaves obeying their mastes even when cruel and unjust,
Selling your daughter(s) into slavery,
Stoning your bride if she turns out not to be a virgin,
Stoning someone who commits adultery,
Doesn't allow for borrowing money at interest [ie. your mortgage, credit card, etc.],

If you are a strict old testament fundamentalist you support Stone age barbarianism.

Seems to me ofuscating that brutal little fact Would be supported by the savage barbarians of the old testament.

Look it's 'Conan the Fundamentalist'.

edit: adding one more lurid detail.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by slank]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

shaunybaby, it looks like a prime example for what you just said is built in to the very post you were replying to !!

Yes and no my friend. I suppose you have a complete and clear understanding of something that is so far above what man can even begin to comprehend? Or are you one who wishes to deny your existence?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join