It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be living in a real type of matrix?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was having a discusion with a freind and she said there were certin mathamatical research or equations or whatever you want to call it done up, and these equations come to the same conclusions that we are living in are world contain within a world, or that this world it self is a type of virtual reality. I dont know about this as i've never heard of such research being done. Does anybody here have any ideas or links i can check out.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There are dozens of threads about this here. Just boolean search "matrix" and you will get like 1000 hits.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

There are dozens of threads about this here. Just boolean search "matrix" and you will get like 1000 hits.

Please when stating there are other threads please provide a few links for the member

So they can see for them selfs.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Matrix or not Matrix, but we the person are the creator of this world, we are the god, what i see here only exists in me, if i go then this world comes with me, its a weird idea but thats how i see it

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Spin the peddles on your bike, Edgar. Change your classmates' names to numbers.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah, we've all gone an all night rampage of borderline schizophrenic/philosophic involvements and woken up in the morning to realize, "Who cares?" Honestly, I was thinking about police states, religous mind controll, and the whole shebang before I realized my 2nd ammendment rights.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've heard nothing of the sort, and I don't know how you could even go about proving it. The only way anyone would know would be if some seriously anamolous stuff happened, and even then we'd probably debunk it and blame the government.

I wouldn't buy the friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We have been placed here to be bred as host shells for an alien race.
Why do you think we (on average) only use 17 percent of our brains.
We have been limited in the ability to use a small portion of our brain
just to develop enough until our maker decides to take our host for
it's own. This alien race has genectically run to the end of it's rope, so
to speak. We have been planted here and given a modified DNA structure
to be harvested for the future of this alien race. I am sure they are disappointed with the way we have developed in the past few hundred years. Destroying this beautiful planet we have been placed on. We have
become like a virus. They will hopefully aid us in turning things around,
or else we will just destroy everything. Maybe they already accomplished
what they set out to do, harvested their crops and abandoned us. Leaving
us to our own distruction. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Without getting into whether or not reailty is a consentual hallucination.

Philosophically it could be argued that we do live in a matrix "like" world. At least we here in the west.

Cities, cars, jobs, mortgages, education, language, technology, etc-our existence, or "reality" as we know it, is completely different from the reality of billions of humans that lived thousands of years before us, and coincidentally all these things mentioned that now make up our reality ARE man made.

I think most in western culture already inhabit a self created world which, yes, rest' inside a completely different world that existed long before us. Take a trip to the middle of the Amazon, or anywhere else that is not heavily populated, and I guarantee you will not be in the same "reality" that you left behind.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

I think more then 1000 hits, the post I made alone count over 1200

Be sure to exclude post author from your searches, else you'll find me blabbering all over the place instead of reading what your looking for.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by digorius
We have been placed here to be bred as host shells for an alien race.
Why do you think we (on average) only use 17 percent of our brains.
We have been limited in the ability to use a small portion of our brain

We use more then 17% of our brain, infact we use it all just at different times depending on the activity. It doesn't make sense that we only use 17% of our brain, that would imply that the some parts of the brain are unnecessary.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe we are living in a matrix. I think every event before us is already determined and planned. Everything is simulated. I think the only glitches in the system are when people have deja-vu. I believe if everyone recorded the times their feelings of deja-vu - they would all be the exact time. But laws and matter are only simulated when it is being observed. If nothing is being observed - then the simulators will not waste energy on it, so nothing will exist ie.. nobody in the middle of Antartica right now, so there is nothing actually there.

Here is a great link to support the theory

Simulation

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by croatianguy
I believe we are living in a matrix. I think every event before us is already determined and planned. Everything is simulated. I think the only glitches in the system are when people have deja-vu. I believe if everyone recorded the times their feelings of deja-vu - they would all be the exact time.

I disagree. I shall, however, try and record the times when I experience déja-vu for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
we are living in a matrix of sensory perception.
Thoughts are mere chemical reactions. sensations of pain, touch, sight, hearing, etc are just our brian interpreting chemical input from our sensory organs.

there is a lot going on around us that we can't perceive, perhaps that is the other world ?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yeah. I dont really believe theres a matrix really. I mean its just absurd when you think about. If it was true though i would want out. I would'nt want to live in a interactive neural network, its not "human"(sorry thats the only way can put it). I think all this stuff is a bit out there and in lamins terms weird. I mean Aliens placed us on this planet to harvest our DNA, please

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have just wondered if I just need to wake up.

Funny how you can almost tear down the walls when stimulated. Then, back to square one.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
AMEN to that Adam!!!!

peace,

APOTT

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So if 'we' live in a simulation, or whatever you want to call it, how can I be sure that any of you actually exist, be it either physically or spiritually?

My conclusion : I am on my own, 'living' in some sort of reality that I am conscious of and which is subject to certain rules.

SOLIPSISTS RULE!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What if we are not living in a matrix created by a group? What if, in reality, the year is 2340. Your name is Mathew Jones. You are 84 years old. You are not happy with the way life on Earth is anymore. All of your family is dead. You have no friends. You spent your life savings for a life at "The Virtual Inn" for a 100 year human experience in the matrix. You chose the 20th/21st Century as the setting. The program allows for time to seem longer than it really it. 50 years in the matrix is 1 year of reality. Sometimes the system has to reboot, causing de-ja-vu.

The real question is how do you get out? Or maybe the real question is do you want to get out?

"And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building. "
Source: I Kings (ch. VI, v. 7)

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
we are living in a matrix of sensory perception.
Thoughts are mere chemical reactions. sensations of pain, touch, sight, hearing, etc are just our brian interpreting chemical input from our sensory organs.

there is a lot going on around us that we can't perceive, perhaps that is the other world ?

Thats probably the best way i've heard of summing it up briefly enough for anyone to understand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join