It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame Whitey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Black Fireman's Ball, Latino heritage club, Japanese artisans geld, Philippine chess club. White Fireman's Ball, White heritage club, White artisans geld, White chess club, I don't think so! For some reason we are the only group not allowed to be exclusive. White pride is the hallmark of Nazi skin heads, right?

If you check history, you'll see that only a small percentage of whites actually owned slaves compared to the Northerners who didn't. And what about the whites who risked their necks to free slaves or marched with Blacks for civil rights? Don't these actions count for something?

Most atrocities suffered by minorities in this country were inflicted by government, military or big business. Yet somehow the blame is directed to the working class white majority. Politicians promote this mind set by rewarding minorities with affirmative action for example, which favors less qualified minorities over whites. This reverse discrimination runs rampant today.

Government grant money for minorities is available for everything from home mortgages, student tuition's, small businesses, to land development and property upgrades. I recently bought government grant listings and was shocked to learn, of the thousands of grants available, not one was offered to average white Americans. Proof again the white man is cheated and villainized by his own government.

Now politicians have gone too far. Under the guise of Humanitarian efforts, our government encourages millions of immigrants into the country to provide cheap labor for their special interests groups. Today, much of the third world feels we owe them the benefit of our country's resources.

I say screw that and every body who believes that I or my poor Irish descendants owe them anything! The Irish were exploited too. But we're not whining or asking for handouts. White America is tired of taking the blame for elitist wrong doing. Furthermore, the one and only thing we owe minorities, is equality

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
White America is tired of taking the blame for elitist wrong doing.

Aaaah, insecurity...the rocket fuel for the prejudiced heart. I can actually smell the fumes from here, waiting to be ignited by that dastardly invisible strawman.

You know, you should probably form your own little club. I hear Wal Mart is having a sale on sheets this week.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There are provisions made for minorities in the United States. Do you have actual statistics on the amounts of minority aid based on U.S. minority population percentages? Funding is based on statistics, lobbyists local governments, and politics. Or simply, it boils down to votes and media coverage.

I live in an area where I am white (Irish), and I am the minority, but there are others who are less fortunate and should be the recipients of the aid. Don't you want equality and for everyone to be given a chance to succeed? Is it that important to have a title in front of an organization that says anything about being "white"?

Your Irish, something to be proud of, and you already have an entire day of the year (March 17) recognized by a large part of the planet. I don't think you need to worry about titles.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What exactly is White America?
Is that the Big Dried up lake near SLC, Utah?

I suppose I am "white"..Especially if you take out the "redman" and the
"middle-eastern man"..That leaves a little German man.

And this little German man says: "I really need a tan"..

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone close this thread before if starts? Another post full of thinly-veiled racism that starts a minority-bashing thread.....great, just what we need.

There's already plenty of them. Just use the search function if you need to find somewhere to vent about "white oppression".
That or go to Stormfront.org.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't think what was said was rascist at all..

I think that dollmonster is trying to convey the amount of positive discrimination that is occuring and no efforts made to change this whereas although races other than white may have been subject to bigotry in the past, action has been taken to amend. However, the bigotry displayed is being used unecessarily to benefit the individual in society and leaving your average white person with less rights that other ethnic people in society.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by infinite8
Do you have actual statistics on the amounts of minority aid based on US minority population percentages?

No. I only know the entire listing of government grants offered no programs targeting average Caucasian Americans. Of course their were sub categories for the disabled, war widows, lesbians, religious groups etc. But the vast majority of grants available catered exclusively as recipients

Don't you want equality and for everyone to be given a chance to succeed?

Yes, true equality is exactly what I'm asking for.

Is it that important to have a title in front of an organization that says anything about being "white"?

I'm sure Caucasian is more politically correct. I personally have absolutely no desire to be in or form any such organization. I only ask that the same privilege to be extended to those who wish to utilize this right.

All Caucasian's aren't born with silver spoons in their mouths. Yet when we fail to rise above our lowly beginnings, we are looked down on as low class and lazy. Society expects more from Whites but fails to extend the same helping hand.

And I ask why is it acceptable in today's culture to call poor illiterate whites, redneck trash? But if we were to label the blue collar Mexican majority as stupid wetbacks, it would be considered extreme bigotry. What about all the Black "Gangbangers" killing each other off with assault weapons? Acknowledging themselves as victims of their environment has allowed generations of black men to deny responsibility for their children and turn to crime.

It's time to put an end to compensating for past injustices. Today's minorities are no longer victims and today's white man is not responsible for the past. It's time to move on and implement true equality.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
..... Japanese artisans geld, Philippine chess club.

I dont think these fall in the same category...After all Japan and Phiilipines are nations and not races... And, even the US has "American schools" and " American clubs"all over the world..

[edit on 23-4-2005 by Quake]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I totally agree with you dollmonster. Nothing you said is racist, and don't listen to those that call you racist, because they're blinded by their own self-righteousness. It's true. Things like affirmative action are terrible! We've made nothing equal; we've just switched it to the other hand! African-American scholorships, scholorships for being a woman, scholorships for HAVING ALLERGIES (Even though I do have allergies), and no caucasian scholorships! I'm not saying there SHOULD be a caucasian scholorship, I'm saying we should get rid of the other ones. Things like affirmative action ENCOURAGE division based on racial lines. It's ridiculous, and it's actually insulting to minorities. What, they're not 'good' enough to make it on their own, so we have to GIVE them money? Is this the message our government is trying to get across?? Terrible.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I believe if scholarships/incentives has to be provided, then it should be done on the basis of economic status and should not depend on if you are black, white, brown, blue, green, magenta, beige.....whatever color...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Heh, I'm a single white male with no children. I'm in the only group in America that it's acceptable to discriminate against. People in my demographic group get nothing but the blame.

BTW, if you feel you have to hyphenate your Americanism (ie: African-American, Mexican-American, etc...) then you aren't an American because you haven't figured out what being an American is about, or maybe you just don't care.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
BTW, if you feel you have to hyphenate your Americanism (ie: African-American, Mexican-American, etc...) then you aren't an American because you haven't figured out what being an American is about, or maybe you just don't care.

Good point
. It's true about the discrimination thing. If an "African-American" were to call me a cracker, do you think he'd be suspended, expelled, or jumped by a bunch of white kids? Now if I were to call him "The N word" (Which I wouldn't), what do you think would happen to me?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oprah says that adult white American males have everything going for them, the most privileged individuals on the face of the earth.

I say that adult white American males are the most discriminated against individuals on the face of the earth.

Everything gets blamed on them, and nobody offers to share or lighten their burden.

It is a privilege to carry the load for society, but it is not privileged.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I say that adult white American males are the most discriminated against individuals on the face of the earth.

I couldn't agree more. If you are white, and you go to any high school in Florida, it's guaranteed that someone will call you a "cracker."

If you go to certain parts of New York, and you are white, chances are, you won't come out alive.

Look at black stand-up comedy. I think that speaks for itself.

There are many orginizations that are for the black people, but if there are any orginizations that are meant for the white person, it's racist.

I'm rambling, sorry...

-Chris

new topics

top topics

join