It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOM1-01: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and Disposal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As I was watching a video with Linda Moulton Howe the main speaker, she gives some details as to where this manual came from. She starts to explain it about 20 minutes into the video.

Video

I enjoy watching these types of videos but rarely rate them as authentic, would be wonderful if it was though.

I enjoy reading the debates here. Wish I had more of a expert opinion on these threads.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The "satellite" bit is still what sticks out in my mind on this one, and while I respect the majesticdocuments project, I think they ranked this one a notch or two too high on the confidence scale.

The earliest known satellite launches certainly indicate a 1958-1959 timeframe...

Explorer 1 - Cape Canaveral, FL on Jan. 31, 1958 [www.jpl.nasa.gov...]

Corona - The first launch with a camera was June 1959 as Discoverer 4, which was a 750 kg satellite launched by a Thor-Agena rocket [en.wikipedia.org...]

Project SCORE (Signal Communications Orbit Relay Equipment) was the world’s first communications satellite. Launched in an Atlas rocket on December 18, 1958. [en.wikipedia.org...]

SOM1-01 dates April 1954, that's less than 4 years prior to a number of U.S. launches.

Can we assume that those who wrote SOM1-01, knew of the increasing number of upcoming satellite launches? Knowing that such projects can take long preparation build-up time?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
...Can we assume that those who wrote SOM1-01, knew of the increasing number of upcoming satellite launches? Knowing that such projects can take long preparation build-up time?

Wow, good timing. Recent FOIA documents..

The first satellite program was known as the Military Satellite System, or Weapon System 117L (WS 117L). The commander of Air Research and Development Command transferred responsibility for the program from Wright Air Development Center to WDD on 10 October 1955. WS 117L was, in concept, a family of separate subsystems that could carry out different missions, including photographic reconnaissance and missile warning. However, by the end of 1959, WS 117L had evolved into three separate programs: the Discoverer Program, the Satellite and Missile Observation System (SAMOS),15 and the Missile Defense Alarm System (MIDAS).

<< 1   >>

join