It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
not excactly lines up, but here:

rcsxrcs-rcsxrcs-rcsxrcs-rcsxrcs
r r r r
c c c c
s s s s
r r r r
c c c c
s s s s

(It didn't turn out the way I wanted it, but Im sure you get the idea!)

Where "x" = SAM sites of course right!!

isn't that about what VERA does, in the middle a radar and "small" radars divided over the field so that when a plane flies in that area of 450R km its like a spider in a web, an area I set up with waves all over and just have to look for a blank spot, that easy!

Now back to my SAM sites, if you have some thing like that instead of just one SAM in the middle, you make it very hard to fly through because the LO plane's RCS is to big (allthough it is very small which I know), now i hope I didn't confuse you great people, it might be a little bit more complicated then i wanted
, sorry...

[edit on 3-5-2005 by 187onu]

[edit on 3-5-2005 by 187onu]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Instead of launching up million dollar SAMs why not go WWII style and just fire up barrage after barrage of air-bursting artillery rounds? It's a whole lot cheaper and just as accurate as a wall of SAMs.

As far as why 187 is asking all this, maybe he's just curious. Who knows. All I know is he won't get any classified, sensitive but unclassified, or not for foreign nationals out of me. If I see anyone post anything like that I'll U2U them at the least and let them know how I feel. Security measures are used to protect the capabilities and limitations of weapon systems to protect the lives of those that use them and therefore the national security. I do a google search before I post anything that might get into a grey area, and if I can't find it mentioned in the first 2 pages of google results I don't post it. I'll be damned if I let someone post something that has the potential to damage national security and possibly jeopardize the lives or freedoms of my children.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
He's on a miltary crash course it seems..
Opening threads on relevant military fora on ATS..
Tanks, radars.. what-not..

Where ARE you from onu?

China? a Middle-eastern fundamentalist group? An Alien??!!

Btw "onu" sounds like an indian pet-name..

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

As far as why 187 is asking all this, maybe he's just curious. Who knows. All I know is he won't get any classified, sensitive but unclassified, or not for foreign nationals out of me. If I see anyone post anything like that I'll U2U them at the least and let them know how I feel. Security measures are used to protect the capabilities and limitations of weapon systems to protect the lives of those that use them and therefore the national security. I do a google search before I post anything that might get into a grey area, and if I can't find it mentioned in the first 2 pages of google results I don't post it. I'll be damned if I let someone post something that has the potential to damage national security and possibly jeopardize the lives or freedoms of my children.

Peanut WTF is wrong with you?
first of all YOU dont have or know any classified info so obviously your not gonna give it out!
You all are treating me like a terrorist, and im beginning to sense disrespect, is that true?

Instead of launching up million dollar SAMs why not go WWII style and just fire up barrage after barrage of air-bursting artillery rounds? It's a whole lot cheaper and just as accurate as a wall of SAMs.

the idea if you put alot of radar systems close, then the LO plane cant fly through because it will be detected, as of which we spoke earlier remember?

But lets keep it about the threat shall we?! Intergurl maybe you can answere...

[edit on 4-5-2005 by 187onu]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 187onu

Peanut WTF is wrong with you?
first of all YOU dont have or know any classified info so obviously your not gonna give it out!
You all are treating me like a terrorist, and im beginning to sense disrespect, is that true?

I think he said he was on a ship or something..USN..

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
OH so you mean that he actually does have access to clasified info?
if he will give any of it to us, THEY'LL HANG HIM

but no, serious, if I'd be a spy or something, I WOULD GET THE INFO MYSELF SNEAKING IN SOMEWHERE, or even steal it from his ship, not by asking, PLEASE use common sence!!!

and besides Im not interested what his ship has of technology! Im talking about LAND radar systems and airplane ect ect...

Btw we've seen how easy it is to sneak on his ship
(XXX2: the next level)
!!!

even if people want to give out clasified info, its none of his bussiness! who does he think he is?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
187onu,

I didn't direct that as a threat to you. I was actually trying to back you up. People started questioning your intentions all the sudden and my reply was to state that you're asking some interesting questions, you're not getting any info that is classified, so why should everyone worry about why you're asking? By having a sercurity clearance myself, it is my business to safeguard any classified information, and if someone posts anything classified I am obligated to report it. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I was trying to point out that there is no harm in the questions you're asking.

I spent six years in the US Navy abaord an Aegis DDG. I was a FireControlman, and I worked on the computer systems for the Aegis Weapon System. I currently work for a major defense contractor supporting the development and testing of present and future Aegis technology.

I've enjoyed this thread so far, let's get back to it and stop worrying about why 187 is interested in radars and jamming!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Oh, ok, we cool

I didn't know

what do you mean by "report it" though??

but yea lets get back to the threat!!

as a matter a fact lets get back to my theory!!
The RApior can detect stealth plane within the range of 15-20km right or somehting like that has been said..if so, put alot of them in one area and create what is called "a safe zone"...or instead of that do it with SAMs, or whatever radar system!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think I'm starting to see what you mean. And it would probably work if a lone F-117 or F-22 was flying overhead, but you have to look at 'the whole package'.

The Air Force and Navy will know about the radar sites well in advance. In the early stages of a strike they'll be taken out by Tomahawks and until they're all destroyed the LO aircraft will just fly around them, not venture that close into the threat area.

But hypothetically speaking, if you set up such an array of radars like you suggest and an F-22 just happened to be flying overhead at a low altitude and wasn't in an EMCON state, he'd probably get shot down, or at least have to pull some incredible defensive manuevers and drop a ton of chaff and flares to get out of there.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Finally soemone understands me!

Oh yea right, forgot about the Tomahawks, I didn't know that that is how it goes down...Thats kind of cheap though
, but funny!!! Imaging you send 30 MIL on SAMs and 5MIL of missiles destroys it

That must suck!!

No, but what I ment is like when your protecting an area against air defence and out of reach of THe MIGHTY Tomahawks!!

this is just the same as using one radar system and multiple receivers, right?

Btw what does "EMCON state" mean?

[edit on 6-5-2005 by 187onu]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Tomahawks can also be launched from B-52's so they're never out of range.

EMCON is EMission CONtrol. It's when you shut down your radars, communications, anything that emits a detectable signal.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have a question what kind or RCS or radar reflection would a saucer or saucer shaped aircraft have? I'm just curious, I am asking about the shape only not factoring in things like engines radar emissions or radio emissions.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It seems like they dont, because UFOs seem to fly around and over us lauging
!!!!!

suppose the LO aircraft WOULD be in EMCON state and doens't fly low, he still would be detected right?

[edit on 7-5-2005 by 187onu]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What are "semi-active" and "active" radar systems?
and what is the difference between them, if there is any?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Active I think you must have assimilated through the course of this intensive thread.."semi-active" I don't know for sure.. My guess would be an active-passive radar..

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In semi-active radar homing, an radar transmitter from the launch vehicle illuminates the target with RF energy. The homer in the weapon detects the reflected RF energy eminating from the target, and homes in.

In active radar homing, both the radar transmitter and passive homer are located in the nose of the weapon.

In semi-active homing, the firing platform usually must keep the target "illuminated" until the weapon has impacted. In active homing, this job is done by the weapon itself, thus allowing the firing platform to maneuver away from the area, or engage other targets. Active radar homing missiles, such as the AMRAAM, are often called "fire and forget".

There are a few systems that use both technologies, or combinations of modes. The AIM-54 is fired towards the target blindly, and proceeds to the target area using strap-down inertial guidance with mid-course correction. Only when it is in the target area does its terminal seeker activate, and then it can guide itself to the target, thus freeing up the F-14 for other duties.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by Pyros]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have posted an intercepting solution to a target I found in my books. "buring-through" as well as a list of countermeasure techniques. Thought it was intersting. I have a lot more things and such...

Solution:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is a calculation using the Range Equation showing detectinon of a target that has a RCS of 10 square feet (quite large). If you can estimate the RCS of a stealth plane...maybe on the order of square inches. You folks can easily calculate the range to target. This is not including other countermeasure techniques.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here are some RCS's for you guys to play with:
Just to let you know it has been said that a F-22s RCS is thatat of a "steel marble" So beat that. USA is number one.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join