It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Body Armour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I wonder how many people you have to beat up to get all those merit badges?

Yes beat up and starve to death. I think it is the same in all these despotic regimes, the heirarchy want visual images of their power

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The North Koreans are into some serious BLING.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I took a trip up to the DMZ a few years ago and the place really is pretty damn surrealistic...and it was defo an odd feeling to be able to actually be on North Korean soil merely by walking across a room.

One thing I noticed from those pics though is that whoever took the ones with the two North Korean stiffs at the door and the ROK guys looking in the window had to've been on the DPRK tour. When we were in the Blue House, there were 2 armed ROK guys stationed at that door "for our protection" as well as the U.S. Army tour guide who was also packing.

In all, a really odd experience.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Speaking of the DMZ- I don't know all of the details, but I heard a rumor and I wondered if anyone here knows anything about it.
Supposedly there is a North Korean flag which can be seen from an American base somewhere along the 38th parallel, and supposedly Soldier of Fortune or somebody has a bounty on that flag?
Not that I think anyone could possibly be stupid enough to try it and yet smart enough to even arrange an attempt at that objective, but is it true? (I'm thinking about talking my stupid ex step-dad into going for it. I suppose there are easier ways to kill a redneck, but this would be the most fun.)

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whatever the case, I, especially as a Korean, sincerley hope the two Koreas will reunite peacefully someday. Some people don't want that, and they are on both sides of the issue here, but guess what, peacefully is the ONLY way to reunite. Everything else will end in disaster.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Whatever the case, I, especially as a Korean, sincerley hope the two Koreas will reunite peacefully someday. Some people don't want that, and they are on both sides of the issue here, but guess what, peacefully is the ONLY way to reunite. Everything else will end in disaster.

yea, hope so, but too bad crazy kim don't want that. he just want to blow everyone to pieces lol

[edit on 28-4-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Well said!! The DMZ is all about who's weewee is bigger.
The original building built by SK was big, so what did NK do...
They built a bigger one.

A few years ago (I Think 3-5 yrs back) SK built a brand new building....and it was bigger. So NK added like 2 or 3 floors on to thier building so it would be bigger.

Typical male ego's

to right in 1981, the South Korean hamlet of Daeseong-Dong erected a 100-meter flagpole within clear view of the DMZ. Ready to show their southern counterparts a thing or two, the North Koreans decided to build the world's tallest flagpole in Gijeong-dong, proving to the whole world that they were willing to push any Flag-arms race well beyond the dictates of reason. The flag atop this 160-meter pole is reported to weigh more than 600 lbs.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Popeye]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
yea, hope so, but too bad crazy kim don't want that. he just want to blow everyone to pieces lol

[edit on 28-4-2005 by ulshadow]

It seems like everybody in the world today wants to blow everyone to pieces. North Korea with their attitude, the U.S. with it's doctrine and rampant defense spending...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Popeye, that was good I needed a laugh. Nothing proves a country's might like building the tallest Flag pole in the World

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Strangely enough (considering what an avid arm-chair general I am) I can actually see the relevance of the flag pole to military might. Afterall, most weapons just happen to have somewhat phallic overtones. Freud would have a field day with the "rods from god" weapon concept.
As George Carlin said, war is just a big excercise in dick waving. The bombs, missiles, torpedoes and bullets are all shaped like dicks. Then of course you've got the fact that both presidents Bush just happened to take us to war. I wonder if that would have happened anyway if the president's name was George Boner.
Obviously to those of you who know my posts, I don't have much of an aversion to war or violence in general (I sometimes attempt to consider the intellectual merits of peace in the interest of not being a complete savage, but I really have a fairly belicose temperment). I also obviously don't have any beef with the Gulf War and also see at least some of the merits of the war on terror (especially in Afghanistan). So please, no flames for the trifling humor above.

I wonder if that great big flag is the one that they supposedly have a bounty on. That must almost certainly be the case I'd think.
I wonder if they'd give me the bounty for simply destroying it. There's no way in hell I'm going to North Korea, but I could go to South Korea and work on my archery with flaming arrows.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Popeye, that was good I needed a laugh. Nothing proves a country's might like building the tallest Flag pole in the World

It's a different world out there. Time to get used to it WestPoint.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Of course no review of humorless guards would be complete without the original "Fab Four," if you will, the Grenadiers of Buckingham Palace. Now I know where they got the idea for those Beatle haircuts, hmmm.....

[edit on 29-4-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It's a different world out there. Time to get used to it WestPoint.

Not really they just don't have the money and tech to build big expensive weapon systems or else they would make them, the flag pole is just a substitute for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join