It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible and end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
DO you guys think the bible contains the end of the world

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, have you read the bible?

Have you read Revelations?

Jemison

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No, I think the emphasis people put in the bible is more indicative of the end of the world. I think armeggedon is going to be caused by your average person getting tired of listening to the outspoken Christians who try to force their lifestyle on everyone else. My opinion, at least

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Noone knows when the end of the world is,

only god does.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the bible is best used as a warning of what will happen at the end of the age. The most specific you try to be, the more innacurate you will be

I could tell you what are the signs, what to expect, and what you should do. But too many want to see how "Cool" it would be, like experiancing history only thru hollywood movies.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ya i read it. I am not at revalations yet

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is no "Revelations", but you will find Revelation at the end of the Bible.

I've yet to see one of these "forceful Christians" trying to force their lifstyle down my throat. I have, on the other hand, noticed that everyone else seems to be doing this, and they seem to be using the judicial branch of the government to pursue their agenda, so don't try and tack it on the Christians.

Furthermore, don't blame the Christians for what is going to be coming down the Pike. It is the refusal to abide by God's wishes, it is the hardening of the wicked human heart that will drive us there.

This, again, is no conspiracy. This is a theological discussion. Are we just too simple to abide by the forum topics? This is being moved to Religion, Spirituality and Theology. Please place you seats in the upright position, stow your trays, and, COle, put that smoke out! You know the society cops will come and arrest you for that!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
DO you guys think the bible contains the end of the world

No. It has alot of idle threats to keep the masses in check, technology under some control and keep the arms dealers in business with holy wars. It also provides human history with some story book continuity. Science books however say the sun will go supa nova in a few billion years.. and instead of god coming down to kill all us sinful earthlings with his vengeful judgement.. we just.. leave the planet instead.

I love happy endings.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No doubt.

Many agnostic types say that if the rapture happens, or the events in Revelation start coming to be, and the anti-christ steps up, then they will realize it and turn to God.
What they dont take into account is that God knows the heart and said he will send a strong delusion for those who snubbed Him so that they believe a lie.
Another thing is, people who say they will wait until the 11th hour, usually die at 10:45.

Example for Americans, Syrians, Russians, and Turks.
Ezekiel 38 and 39 describe a Mideast Nuclear war that 'might' also include the US and Russia in verse 39:6.
The timing of this event would have to be at least 7 years before Christs return because Israel takes 7 years to clean up from the war.
So its safe to say it happens before the AC arrives. Perhaps JUST before. This may be what catapults Europe to the top of world power, and rebirths the roman empire.
It removes the US, Russia, and Islam as a contending power. Only China, India, and Pakistan are left.
But wait...what about all those americans who said they would watch and see, and if the antichrist appeared and says take the mark, then they will turn to God?
Ezek 38-39 say that magog (either the turkish states or russia), and a distant coastland where people dwell in careless safety will get fire rained down from the sky on them. No time to convert in a nuke war.

Scripture says that Damascus will be destroyed in one night and never be lived in again. That may happen in this war when all the muslim states attack Israel.
Guess which muslim state is missing? Iraq.
hmmm

Yes. The bible knows.

new topics

top topics

join