It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there life on mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I read this artical that says there was once life on mars. They say that plant-like organisms using photosynthesis on Mars 3.9 billion years ago.

cheack out the website. the artical is long sorry.
www.lost-civilizations.net...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It is reported, unofficially, by people associated intimately with the PX and Montauk Chair that some have actually traveled to the catacombs of Mars and seen wondrous things. Nichols and the Cameron's, I believe. Could Earth itself be a former colony of Ancient Martians? There may be many influences on this terra firma from around the solar system, and beyond. We don't know, for sure. And if anyone does, they aren't talking here with any credibility.

Troy worshipped the Sun, and was conquered through deception by Greece, which worshipped the Moon, a long time ago. A perennial cycle of prominence and decline is played out against the backdrop of recorded history, itself just a hint at the rich tableau that awaits discovery.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
if you believe in remote viewing and you went to there website and read one of thier missions you would know. here i will give you basically what they said. About 4 billion years ago there was life on mars the beings that lived there were so technologically advanced that one of the scientists in their lab accidentally designed a new deadly disease. the beings on mars were not much different than ours besides their language you probably couldn't tell them apart from us

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well, we do know that life on Earth appear to have been in the making the second it was possible. We also know that Mars has been alot more alive in the past, with water and such. So chances are pretty big that life on Mars also appeared the second it was possible.

Whether that include a civilisation I dont know. But billions of years is a long time... And Mars back then would have been a prime target for colonisation if any foreign civs decided to drop by.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Well, we do know that life on Earth appear to have been in the making the second it was possible. We also know that Mars has been alot more alive in the past, with water and such. So chances are pretty big that life on Mars also appeared the second it was possible.

Agreement
But since Mars froze over a while back, chances are that any life that would have been there would have been very unsophisticated. I don't think that if we find past life on Mars it's going to be much more evolved beyond the cingle celled organism phase.

There is also some speculation that one of the moons of Jupiter (can't remember which one, the one that's covered with a layer of ice) could possibly be hospitable enough to contain life.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
There is also some speculation that one of the moons of Jupiter (can't remember which one, the one that's covered with a layer of ice) could possibly be hospitable enough to contain life.

Europa I believe. Its quite likely, but very difficult to find out, heh.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I know it’ controversial but I believe Meteorite ALH84001 proves life existed on Mars. When I look at this from 1984 with today’s knowledge of “blueberries” it’s hard for me not to believe.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't think there is a question anymore as to if there was life on Mars in the remote past. I think the question that science is stearing towards is trying to find out if there is any still there.
Edited for spelling

[edit on 26-4-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just KNOW that there was life on Mars at some point. Ok, my just KNOWING that there was life on Mars once isn't very scientific but, hey, I just KNOW that there was life on Mars at one time. I mean at one time I KNEW that there was water there once. They sent the Rovers there and detected signs that there had, indeed, once been water there. Had they listened to me, they could have pocketed a few hundred million. Live and learn, eh? To save N.A.S.A. a LOT of time and needless effort, I suggest that they drop their next rover at those funky pyramid shaped objects with the face. If nothing else, they'd prove me wrong and they'd probably shut Richard C. Hoagland up for a while. Isn't this worth a mission?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm betting that eventually we'll find multi-cellular organisms fossilized on Mars. Time will tell, but I'd bet we'll see it... Who knows, we may even find some primitive-like life still living under the ice....

If nothing else, they'd prove me wrong and they'd probably shut Richard C. Hoagland up for a while. Isn't this worth a mission?

Yes... Yes it is....

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That would be an awesome mission because satellite photos of it are not very helpful and that face does not look anything like a natural formation. Maybe the egyptians teleported the pyramids and face onto mars!!@>!>!@>!@

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mars still has all the ingredients for simple life, heat, water and slime!

Simple life probably still lives there, though i doubt anything multicellular was there. Who knows, we may find out in a few years.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Simple life probably still lives there, though i doubt anything multicellular was there. Who knows, we may find out in a few years.

We can always hope though right.
Who knows, with the carious discoveries that we are making here on earth and just how tolerant life really is, we may actually find multicelluar organisms on Mars and elsewhere in our own solar system.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"It is reported, unofficially, by people associated intimately with the PX and Montauk Chair that some have actually traveled to the catacombs of Mars and seen wondrous things. Nichols and the Cameron's, I believe. "

I read that book, its a whole series written by edgar rice burroghs even before he wrote Tarzan.....
www.tarzan.org...

"When the Viking landers touched down on Mars in 1976 it was hoped they would find some signs of life. Alas, they didn't. When the Martian rover went out for a drive on the Red Planet there was a chance it might find something that Viking missed. Unfortunately, all we met were rocks named Yogi and Scooby.
For a long time humans have wanted to believe that there was (or is) life on Mars. Today many people see evidence of a monumental carved "face" on Mars, even though scientists say it is only a trick of light and shadow. A hundred years ago, when Percival Lowell first looked through a telescope at Mars, he "saw" an intricate system of life-sustaining canals. Thus was born one of the great scientific myths of the twentieth century.
Edgar Rice Burroughs started writing his Martian adventures in 1911, and even though science claims there is no life on Mars his stories remain vibrant and timeless tales, because Burroughs knew the appeal and power of the Martian myth. Writers like Ray Bradbury and scientists like Carl Sagan have acknowledged that Burroughs' Martian tales were the wellspring from which their own careers arose.

not to mention it would be tough to send astronauts into space without anyone noticing right ?

[edit on 27-4-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
We now believe Mars was once wet, and possibly warmer(I understand on the Mars equator today, it can reach 70f). But how long do we believe that it had an atmosphere? We know today the lack of any substantial atmosphere means the surface is continually bombarded by radiation and UV rays via the sun. Making surface life unlikely.

Meaning it is likely it may have once existed, but unlikely it ever evolved very far, and more unlikely its still living there(on the surface anyway).

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I looked into nicholson and cameron, really good stuff.....this is my favorite part...

"The time engineers at Montauk went back in time (to 1950) and convinced Duncan's original father, Alexander Cameron to sire another son. When done, they removed Duncan's soul and put it into the new child. This person is who we know today as Duncan Cameron."

who knew those talented montauk dudes built an underground tunnel on LI without anyone noticing, mastered time travel, mind links to a computer, PSI warfare, and how to move souls around ! brilliant !

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Go to link below...

www.illuminati-news.com...

-Dani

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

So this is where lawyers are created

top topics

join