It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand (Again).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So we don't seem to get that many sightings down here.

Do the aliens not like sheep? Or are they just not cool enough to come over our airspace?

On a serious note, why is it NZ and AUS have far less sightings than other countries?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Probably sighting occour in the outbacks.You should realise that the total pop of Australia is less then Mumbai and is only near the oceans,ufo activity mostly happenes in the outbacks.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Where (or what) is Mumbai??

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Where (or what) is Mumbai??

Its the new word for Bombay en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
NO WAY!!! They changed the name of Bombay???

Can't even enjoy a good curry anymore, they go change it's name...

edit/ wait!! Do you think the aliens had something to do with this? I mean all those Indiadaily stories abuot UFO's and stuff, maybe they took over Bombay?

[edit on 4/23/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, if you are an alien skeptic like me, you could say that NZ and AUS governments are not as powerful. The Us government loves to conduct it's flying expirements in farm fields. I do not believe alien sightings ARE actually alien sightings so my theory makes complete sense

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 23-4-2005 by MysticalUnicorn]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That would probably be my guess, also. We have, however, had a few sightings of various things which makes you wonder...why would the US bother coming down this far?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Australia and NZ have a small population but I bet the percentage of sightings/100 people there is about the same as any other country.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Kaikoura and the west coast have had a few sightings, from what I recall. There are a few books available at the christchurch public library on "paranormal" etc sightings in NZ. Can't remember the exact name, however

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
That would probably be my guess, also. We have, however, had a few sightings of various things which makes you wonder...why would the US bother coming down this far?

If, by chance, it was the US, they probably just felt like flexing their muscles a bit. It could just be drills, practice, test runs, who knows...

If it's EBE's, maybe your piece of world just doesn't have what they want? Or as much of what they want. What resources are available over there? I'm thinking it would probably have something to do with the population being less dense.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think it's just that the ratio of sightings to people is the same, but less pop. in NZ and Aust....or maybe there are just a heap of crazy people in the US and India....

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
From what I understand we do have a fair number if sightings in Oz but they do tend to be in the centre. Guess what is out there?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The VB Brewery?
Don't worry, I know what you're getting at.

Seriously, the population ratio sounds like a more likely scenario to me.

Kaikoura and the west coast have had a few sightings, from what I recall. There are a few books available at the christchurch public library on "paranormal" etc sightings in NZ. Can't remember the exact name, however

Ah yes, the 78 sightings. Interesting stuff. I hadn't heard of any down the West Coast, though. Thems a strange bunch down there. Unfortunately being in WN I don't think the CH public library will give me a membership

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight

Originally posted by DeltaNine

If, by chance, it was the US, they probably just felt like flexing their muscles a bit. It could just be drills, practice, test runs, who knows...

If it's EBE's, maybe your piece of world just doesn't have what they want? Or as much of what they want. What resources are available over there? I'm thinking it would probably have something to do with the population being less dense.

We have sheep, some oil, some Natural Gas and the All Blacks.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I witnessed a UFO in Auckland on March 1 2005. Was the classic saucer shape and made no noise at all. It was awesome and I hope someday I will get the chance to see another one.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Close to New Zealand is Australia. I have recorded hundreds of hours of UFO stuff over the last many-many years. Next to Redlsham/Bentwaters and Varghinia Brazil, no other accounts have tweaked my sincere interest as the accounts from two particular Ladies from Australia. The Documentory is simply called "OZ".

The emotional realism and separate eyewitness accounts from people involved that did not and to some point still don't know the main characters involved with the sightings/abductions is, in my mind frightening !. At the time in one case three different woman had drawn the basic same picture of the craft.

Dallas

Dallas

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I grew up in Hawkes Bay, NZ. For some bizarre reason I got out of bed at about 4.30am, walked into the hallway, looked out the window, and saw a huge rectangular craft moving very slowly across the sky.
I watched it for a few minutes and then went back to bed.
This happened about 1984-85. I can't be 100% positive it was a UFO. But it defininitly was not a plane, helicopter, blimp, etc. And to my knowledge there is no army/airforce base in Hawkes Bay.

Also I believe there used to be UFO sightings over Lake Taupo, quite frequently from what I've read.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hungryhippo
Also I believe there used to be UFO sightings over Lake Taupo, quite frequently from what I've read.

Indeed...one of the most recent was just last Xmas, witnessed by a good dozen or so people, even made the Taupo Times. (Folks live in Turangi and were telling me all about it)

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Is there sightings that go unreported in NZ & OZ maybe ?

top topics

join