It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat Meat and Die!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i don't agree that we are incapable or totally unsuited to eat/digest meats, though just perhaps large portions, or diets which mainly revolve around them. i think the point is that we CAN live with it, and we CAN live without it (same goes for dairy, and any food really). i don't think there is a point arguing how long one's life can be, considering that you could die at any given moment in this reality, but rather that it's all just a matter of how WELL you can live it.

for informations sake, here are some alternative sources of protein (considering that it is natural/organic):

tempeh, tofu, sea vegetables (arame, dulse, kelp, kombu, nori, and spirulina), miso, nuts (almond, cashew, chestnut, hazelnut, peanut, pecan, pine nut, pistachio, walnut, ect), seeds (sunflower, flaxseed, pumpkin, sesame, etc), beans/legumes, whey, eggs, yogurt, cheese, etc.

even though there is controversy regarding the last three, in vegetarians mainly, i mentioned them simply on nutritional content, in regards to something that isn't meat, but is produced by animals some do eat.

dfh out

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Cybertoy, actually, that's the idea of eating meals that include beans and peanuts, since they are seen by all nutritionists as a totally valid replacement for meat. And no, there a no nutriments which are exclusive to meat.

And MauiStacey, you should try a TVP cheeseburger... The ones at Harvey's are not bad actually, but someone can make some even better ones at home on the barbecue, with bits of TVP, Worcestershire sauce, flour, hot water and a little bit of beef stock. You won't tell the difference, and it won't add anything to that tire around your stomach

[edit on 5/5/05 by Echtelion]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
sorry vegi burgers are gross.
now a nice juicy ground, round patty yum.

as for eating "organic", or "free range" it would be nice but unfortunately i live on a small budget. i can't afford to pay the exorbitant prices they charge for it. jsut as any "special" product costs more.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow!

This thread has really grown since lst I've visited it!

Guess what. This meat-eater is still alive! AS a matter of fact, I am absolutley thriving on meat! Why? It has the proteins my body needs to operate at peak efficiency.

As a matter of fact, I've incorporated a work out regimen with a proper diet that includes meat (yes, luscious, red, animal flesh!) and I am growing stronger and feeling even better than I already did!

Keep discussing that vegetarian crystal-gazing concept! Talk more people into going fruity-pebbles! Maybe that'll make the price of protein-rich meat go down! Then, I'll eat even more of the life-giving flesh.

Please, try and get people to think that veggie-proteins and animal proteins are interchangeable! Whatever it takes!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm not arguing about whether meat is good for us. Again, I do question the use of the planets resources with respect to baren cow fields and such. Why don't farmers put more trees in their fields? Hell, if I was a cow, I wouldn't want to be out in that crappy shadeless cowfield all day. I've had the idea of lines of trees. This would make hay bailing near as simple and provide some shade for earth and those cows. And again, I do protest the leveling of a rainforest to put cows there. Totally irresponsible.

Mother nature is going to kick our ass if we aren't more responsible with this planet. We might not be here to enjoy that steak.

As an extra note, there is also the practice of eating sprouted beans, seeds, and nuts. Sprouting creates a very nutrient rich food. And you also have enzymes. I believe it can make the seeds and nuts more digestible.

We just need to look at our resources and figure out what we are going to do about effectively feeding the people of earth. And we need to look at our population in relation to our resources.

I love steak too, but am I supposed to say screw everyone else on planet earth, level another rainforest and make way for cattle?

Troy

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster

Don't you see that by boycotting mass produced meat you take a stand against all of these issues? If you want to eat meat, of course it's your prerogative. But at least make an effort to stop the insane practices of agribusiness. Buy "free range" and "organic" please!

If you've never seen what goes on in "factory farms" watch this please!

www.petatv.com...

PETA is aggressive to be sure. I call them the "Malcolm X" of the animal rights movement. But sometimes it takes violence's to be noticed, and before there can be change there must be recognition!

I'll start eating free range and organic once P.E.T.A stops their heartless killing of animals. That's right, under the facade of a "holier-than-thou" attitude P.E.T.A is performing euthanasia on thousands of animals a year. www.petakillsanimals.com...

At least the animals in that video of yours are serving a purpose, they are used for nutrition, a perfectly legitimate reason if I may say so myself. Mean while P.E.T.A advocates lecture the rest of us as they send this message to children. www.petakillsanimals.com...
(scroll down to the bottom of the page and view the PDF please)

You might call them the "Malcolm X" of animal rights I call them...misguided. I have nothing against vegans, I admire your determination and compassion. As an owner of two dogs and several fish I hate animal cruelty as much as the next guy, but please, consider what P.E.T.A is really doing the next time you think about defending them.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
im a vegetarian, but what concerns me more is, why do i see commercials of Sam Neill promoting "Eat More Meat"......

call me paranoid, but Govts and Media and rich criminals are all one and the same.

If someone is PUSHING us to eat more meat, then it seems FORCED and anything forced is not a good thing.

If meat is a weak/strong poison then this is clearly a de-population agenda and we are in the thick of it........

once again....why is the media telling us to eat more meat?..think ppl...and believe you me.....it aint on TV to make you "healthier"

i sense treachery

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Interesting information if it is precise and correct, neither of which I have confirmed. I have confirmed however that although it is healthy to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, correctly raised farm stock with no injected hormones is a very good source of nutrients and protein.

You can however choose to obtain protein through vegetables if you are an intelligent vegetarian. It is a lifestyle I have tried to embrace before but with no success. I have been raised a meat-eater, and is very hard to convince myself that a big juicy tasy steak with steak sauce is disgusting and I shouldn't eat it. Even when I know it's an animal.

Here's a thought for you vegetarians out here. If your soul was born into a Tiger and right now you were on the plains of Africa would you either kill and eat your prey, or try to eat cactus' until you die of starvation?Life IS Death for humans and animals alike! Survival of the Fittest!

People have a hard time buying and eating food of any nature at the current economic crisis, and do you know what is the most expensive thing to buy is? Vegetarian food. 3 times as much or higher. It's one of those secret Windfall Cash secret societys that totally bank off of your baked chips, and vegan products.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 24/11/2008 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Here's a thought for you vegetarians out here. If your soul was born into a Tiger and right now you were on the plains of Africa would you either kill and eat your prey, or try to eat cactus' until you die of starvation?Life IS Death for humans and animals alike! Survival of the Fittest!

If I was a Tiger on the plains of Africa looking at a cactus I would be in a whole heap of confused trouble......

I'd be more worried about straying into Lion territory than what I was having for dinner....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

If I was a Tiger on the plains of Africa looking at a cactus I would be in a whole heap of confused trouble......

I'd be more worried about straying into Lion territory than what I was having for dinner....

Haha. That's what I'm saying though I mean eating is survival. Are you going to starve to death if all you got in the fridge is meat? And no money in your wallet??

Let me reaffirm how dang expensive vegetarian food is.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Tell me about it. My missus was a veggie and I had to buy in all that Quorn crap. I managed to turn her back to the darkside though! A veggie of ten years took all of three months to crack and now she is an avid meat eater

But yes, eating is survival and we're designed to eat meat. I will eat any living creature if my survival depended on it, possibly even another Human being.....

[edit on 24/11/08 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Eat Meat and Die!
Don't eat meat......and ummm.....Still Die!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Where would you get your protien from without meat of some kind? I doubt they made tofu in the old days and other manmade resources for vegens.

Manmade?

Same resources vegetarians and or vegans get them today.

I have been a vegetarian for 5+ years and I get enough protein to look, feel, and act athletic.

Vegan is tuff, that requires some homework. It can be done with a strict vegan diet too. I forget his name, but there is a vegan body builder even..

**edit: wow, one of those 2005 threads that got bumped lol oops.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join