It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Life Started ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Question of the Origin of Life, is a question that has been unanswered for many centuries. Could it be that E = mc2 is the answer to this Question. The Sun is the source of all Energy on Earth ( except Nuclear ), could it be that energy from the Sun was somehow turned into mass, that mass being the first lifeform.
Or it could it be that Sunlight had acted like a catalyst in a complex reaction( involving the chemicals that make up DNA) that enabled the first unit of DNA to be formed by bonding chemicals. Could it be that several of these DNA strands were formed, that made up the first living thing. Could it be for this reason that the first living thing, being a plant was totally dependant upon its original source the Sun. Maybe Animals are a by- product of Plants, formed by evoloution.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are correlating rest mass to the origin of life. I haven't seen a logical connection...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Everything came to be through a set of co-ordinated vibrations caused by outpouring frequencies from the moment of creation (big bang). Based upon how well one group of molecules infered and adapted to these vibrations played out its role in evolution. We humans still feel these cosmic vibrations coming from the sun. It's as if the sun is telling us what to do while slowly forming us into whatever its outpouring frequencies have in mind. We basically carry out everyday functions based on a set of rythmic vibrations from our sun, which might explain why early man looked toward the sun as some sort of god.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, said energy from the sun would turn into an electron and anti-electron, or any such combination thereof. We've got plenty of those already.

Life started because the gases and elements on Earth, plus electricity from lightning, were such that simple simple organic compounds started to form, and eventually made their way to life, RNA and the like.

An experiement was done ages ago to mimic the conditions on early Earth, and life-like molecules WERE created after about two weeks. If I could remember the guys name, I'd tell ya. For now, search function.

EDIT: Stanley Miller, 1953

[edit on 4/24/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I dont know how it started, I know that there will always be life, maybe not on the planet but life.

I so wish I could think of the animal, its called something-bear, there was a thread on it not long ago. So maybe tha person will read this and know what I am talking about.

I watched the tv show the most extreme today, and it was the number one. It flushes its body and shuts down when it gets any kind of stress, and then it cant be killed. It can live in space, anywhere, and as soon as it hits water it come back to life.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted by:Amorymeltzer

An experiement was done ages ago to mimic the conditions on early Earth, and life-like molecules WERE created after about two weeks. If I could remember the guys name, I'd tell ya. For now, search function.

Here you go:

The origin-of-life research program first began as a scientific endeavor in the early 1950s, when Stanley Miller produced amino acids in his now legendary spark-discharge experiments.1, 2 Giddy with Miller’s accomplishment, many scientists predicted answers to the origin-of-life question within the decades to come.3 However, origin-of-life researchers are no closer to understanding the origin of life today than they were 40 years ago when Stanley Miller did his first experiments. Best-selling author Paul Davies (an agnostic) makes this point in his book, The Fifth Miracle:

I believe(someone will correct if wrong) that this is no longer accepted as how abiogenesis happened, because the environment assumed then is no longer accepted..(the link I provided goes deeper into this)

link

hope this helps :-]

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Rren]

top topics

join