It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewZ SubmissionZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Why do I keep getting BIAS votes?

I've deleted my comments in the comments box because people felt the comments box was the bias area.....(although the comments box is for opinion)

A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (news) Rick Santorum Made $100,000 From Schiavo Case has indicated they did so because they feel your topic really isn't appropriate for ATSNN. Keep in mind that ATSNN is the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community.

WHY?>

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
E_M, did you notice that your story has been accepted? So, does it really matter any more if some people voted down your story?
Personally, it was not fun when I submitted a story and got some "no"s. But, everyone isn't going to agree with you.

Congrats on your story!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thank you, donttreadonme. I submitted this before it was a story. I was afraid that the NO's would knock it out because I never received any YES's in my U2U box..........

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh, that's because you only get u2u for the no votes.
I'm guessing so that you would be aware and possibly make changes.
Here's what all those ATSNN buttons mean:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(you can also view this by clicking on "click to learn about voting" on the bottom of the voting icon

[edit on 22-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Oh, that's because you only get u2u for the no votes.

ahhhh....ha.......Thank you, I am illiterate to these things....I'm sure it is probably written somewhere but I didn't read..........sorry

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No news is good news.

Feel free to ignore all puns there.

People have views about submissions, some agree some don't. That's the point, peer review is a great way to get a feel for something besides yourself. For all its faults, and amazing system. I trust it more than most any other news source when it comes to reporting and commentary.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe they wanted to irritate you, because it sure seems like it's working.
A thicker skin might help in the future.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Presuming you live in a democratic country just look at the politicians.

Some you can understand getting elected, others make you wonder about the sanity of the electorate.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
no it does matter. People here just vote no just to vote no. I was told my story was biased when I said a new pope was elected. If you don't want to actually vote, DONT!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
no it does matter. People here just vote no just to vote no. I was told my story was biased when I said a new pope was elected. If you don't want to actually vote, DONT!

As stated- (i've had stories shot down for the same reason) this also tells you about the community!

ATS is at least working very hard to make the system fair. Maybe democracy won't work here. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

As stated- (i've had stories shot down for the same reason) this also tells you about the community!

ATS is at least working very hard to make the system fair. Maybe democracy won't work here. Time will tell.

Oh no, I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate this democracy thing. My complaint is with the members who choose to be douche bags just because they can be. They are like bullies; LEAVE US ALONE!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Lots of people vote no just for the hell of it. It's bloody stupid and irresponsible.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
A no votes not really the issue, it the why. Amjourno's like me get very discouraged when given a no cos of bias, especially when we see our piece and know that we have taken it from priors and not allowed our feelings to creep into our reporting of the situation.

I personally wrote a bias piece last week, in my mind I said exactly what I meant from using the news items that i wrote from. I meant fully to have the reader ask questions of my piece and get them to "read between the lines" as such.

Yet that submission was posted with two other submissions I wrote that i really had no opinion on and was just rewriting the story in my own mind and both of the other two submissions had at least four bias no votes and the one news item that was later accepted that i did write with bias in mind had not one bias vote......

But my best giggle was the ufo story i submitted that had no votes for the story being not right, with the footnote that I should bear in mind that this is a conspiracy ufo site and maybe my story didn't fit that criteria.....

I do understand why with votes like that people who contribute get disgruntled but I still post my stories anyway, if something catches my eye I like to share.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I got a bias vote today on a thread about someone getting mad cow disease. It didn't have anything to do with politics.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think you'll find that some"no" voters can't be bothered selecting which one they think best describes the reason, so they just click the top one, which happens to be the "bias" button. Others I'm sure just place their pointer somewhere over all those red "no"s and click away. If I vote no (which isn't that often, "yes" is my 'default' vote) I make a point of selecting the relevent button, but I doubt everyone is that careful.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I do understand why with votes like that people who contribute get disgruntled but I still post my stories anyway, if something catches my eye I like to share.

This is an important point. Everyone in a community this large will NOT agree with you.
But, that shouldn't keep you from posting news stories. We should be posting news stories that interest us, that we want to share. We should post stories that we hope are the type of story that ATSNN is looking for. After all, ATSNN is trying to be a quality news service, supplying real news to the Interenet.

new topics

top topics

join