It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Afterlife Experiments" by Gary Schwartz, Ph.D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I must recommend "The Afterlife Experiments" by Gary Schwartz, Ph.D. The book excels in being both scientifically rigorous and bringing to light scientific experiments from the University of Arizona and its staff (including Dr. Schwartz) that seemed to reflect high accuracy rates by mediums (both famous and nonfamous) -- to a point where the odds are in the trillions by mere guessing.

Dr. Scwartz eliminates the chances of "cold reading" in his later experiments by requiring the mediums go through a 10 minute silent session with the sitter -- whereby the medium can not see the sitter, nor ask the sitter any questions, and mediums such as John Edwards still getting an 80-90% accuracy rate with respect to historical facts, etc.

Other interesting experiments included 5 supposed mediums all performing for the same sitting, and all having both high accuracy rates, and their dialogues overlapping. All-in-all, the book is well written, and has his science journal articles about the experiments in the book's appendix. It certainly points to "something more" going on with some mediums.

Has anyone else read it?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds really interesting!!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I haven't read this, but it sounds really interesting. It reminds me a lot of this:

www.victorzammit.com...

I haven't read all of that either, but I've read enough to know it will be a good read when I get around to it. Zammit didn't do any experiments like this Schwartz fellow, but Zammit did do a lot of research into people like him.

From chapter 8 of Zammit's book:

Recently a detailed investigation of the genuineness of mediumship was carried out by Professor Gary Schwartz and colleagues at the University of Arizona. Using well known mediums George Anderson and John Edward and lesser known mediums S.Northrop, L. Campbell and A. Gehman doing double blind studies they found that the mediums were very accurate, to a degree far in excess of chance. The full first study was published in the Journal of the Society of Psychical Research in England in January, 2001. You can contact Gary Schwartz at [email protected] for a reprint or e-mail version of the article.

I post this because I figure that anyone who is interested in "The Afterlife Experiments" will also be interested in this e-book, too.

join