It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku, String Theory and the New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi there, not sure if this is the right place for this, but as far as I am aware Michio Kaku has spoken to SETI about Parallel Universes.

He appeared on "Hardtalk Extra" last night - a BBC show aired in the UK. Did anyone watch it?

Michio Kaku spoke about (if I remember rightly) creating a "one world unit" over the next 100 years - which will allow humans to communicate with ET's who currently live on a slightly higher frequency than ours.

The basis of our future world is the internet itself, creating a global communications system which will be built upon and over time will lead to a one world government. I know how much this sounds like a conspiracy.. but it really got me thinking about the whole shebang.

Is it possible that these ET's are already in contact with the global elite but will not "do business" with them until humanity has one culture?

I'd like to hear your opinions if you saw the show (or even if not)... it seemed a bit out there for the BBC.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Shame I missed it, would have enjoyed that!

Is it possible that these ET's are already in contact with the global elite but will not "do business" with them until humanity has one culture?

Makes perfect sense. Would you want to deal with Humans when they are so busy killing and fighting each other? I mean, would you give them a great new power source, if they might turn round and use it as a weapon or worse, use it against you?

Personally, I am for a One World Government and I don't believe it to be as evil as ome fear. If you notice, it is mainly the US right wing that fears it, and that is a cultural thing where they wish to remian "independant" etc etc.

I think the only way for Humanity to advance is to get rid of countries and borders and finally unite to get off this rock and go kill some aliens
(j/k)

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
HI,

I watched it yesterday afternoon, on BBC World, at around 5PM GMT, it was very interesting. I've heard and read about string theory and that stuff before. I was surprised a scientist like himself believes in some sort of god. (actually he talked about two gods
).

About the "one world unit",I dont think he specfically wants, or predicts a New World Order as we discuss here on ATS.

He talked about three types of civilizations, one Global (type 1), which can fully control its planet (climate, sea's etc).
A type 2 civilization controls stars, they can manipulate stars, and even use them (I'm not sure what he meant with that).

Ans a type 3 civilization can control entire galaxies.

So our current civilization isn't even a type 1 yet. The next 100 years will be crucial, either we become a Type 1, or we destroy ourselves with (Nuclear) wars or due to climatic conditions.

Now in order to control you own planet, you really need to cooperate, one language etc. He mentioned the internet is the first global telephone network, the first start of a translation into a Type1 civilization.

i didnt see the whole program, though, only the last 20 minutes or so. When the program was over I immediately checked for the books he wrote.
We're they discussing his latest book, Parallel Worlds? Amazon Or another book, I saw a book laying on the table...

I;m sure they'll rerun the program, just check on BBC World, they rerun shows all the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I was thinking, they often archive and stream Hardtalk shows online.. I haven't seen Hardtalk Extra online (in fact that was the first extra show I've seen)

It is now my mission to find this show online somewhere.. even as a torrent.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I use bittorrent all the time, if I find it, I'll let you know.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thanks very much, an email has been sent to BBC asking them to put it online, they put most HardTalk shows online so fingers crossed

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just out of interest, this stream has an interview with the man himself

xgen.vitalstream.com...

I haven't had time to listen to it yet.. but you might dig it.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
great, I'll check it out tonight. I'm also gonna buy his book, its pretty interesting!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Woot woot! Here is the Hardtalk interview:

www.bbc.co.uk...

I haven't read his book, if I could only stop posting on ATS I might get some real work done..

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Michio Kaku is one of the most brilliant people on earth

His books "Hyperspace" and "Visions" are MUST-reads if you enjoy thinking about future technologys; quantum physics; etc etc etc

He is very scientific minded; he does a lot of research; and i respect the man 100%; hes a really good natured person and only cares about one thing
the advancement of human kind

Ive spoke to him personally a few times; and he is cool; and would answer any question i had the best he could.

I would suggest reading both his books. I do not think he has ever mentioned the NWO or anything of that nature. He sticks more to facts and scientific speculation about the universe and such.
He does talk about aliens alot; and has some very great points.
Also I think he coined the Type I,II,III,IV Civilization comparisons *correct me if im wrong*

Go get his books and read them
"Visions" is the best one get that first and read it!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
have seen Michio Kaku in several interviews he is an exceptional scientist with a brilliant mind IMO.

Woot woot! Here is the Hardtalk interview:

www.bbc.co.uk...

I have a dial-up connection, I tried watching this....... Its like watching paint dry

I dont know much about computers, but can't I download this to my hard drive a watch it there versus online a getting it 10 seconds at a time in 30 second intervals? I would really like to see it, Thanks

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Rren]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
nah, you can't download it, it's a 'streaming video' which means you can only watch it, now download it.
I ordered his new book Parallel Worlds, it will be delivered today

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
about the NWO

Personally, I am for a One World Government and I don't believe it to be as evil as ome fear. If you notice, it is mainly the US right wing that fears it, and that is a cultural thing where they wish to remian "independant" etc etc.

isnt it funny then that the supposed perpatrators of this 'NWO' are also the extreme right wingers. Like isnt the whole conspiracy about a bunch of Nazi Elitists trying to rule the world?

but i think the right-wingers you speak of are only for keeping the United States independent seeing as it is constitutionally treasonous to put some 'NWO' above the constitution. most of NWO nutters arent racist nazis though. just believers in America - and afraid of what NWO means; global slavery.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
A type 2 civilization controls stars, they can manipulate stars, and even use them (I'm not sure what he meant with that).

I've read the book "Hyperspace" among others. What he means by type 1 civilization that whe can use the resources of the earth, like cole, wind, water, etc. I've we become a Type 2 civilization whe can use the resources of a star. (I think catching the stream of particles that the star emits and use that as energy..). A Type 3 civilization can use the energy from a whole starsystem (Probely with the same system as a type 2 civilization..) And from type 4 and further we can use the energy of space-time i think. Timetravel and lightspeed travel are then common use....

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You haven't seen the PBS series...

Elegant Universe...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yeah the elegant universe! great documentary, you can download it via bittorrent, it's very interesting!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
...thought this was a good thread from about two years ago... I've skimmed through Parallel Worlds in the bkstore and want to buy it, people on this thread seemed to love his earlier work to... this reference to the 'nwo' I don't really understand the one-world unit concept, has anyone read all his stuff and know what that means?

Recently, seems like Kaku has been discovered by some ATS users, seeing a lot of "type" civilizations threads lately

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mickmeaney

I know the work of Dr. Michio Kaku and what he refers to is a global community in which we share the same culture etc... nothing so ominous as a "new world order". He speaks of the fact that we are headed towards what is known as a Type 1 society but in order to get there we will have to embrace peace and global community.

new topics

top topics

join