It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made me think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just thinking that what if another alien race was observing mars from another point in the solar system and saw our rovers on there, would they think that life exists on mars by seeing them, would they celebrate on their planet thinking they have found life by seeing 'our' rovers ?

just a thought :-)

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If they could see our rovers they would either A.) Have very advanced viewing capabilities, or B.) Be on Mars to see it.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
OR

They might go "BUH???" and then try and figure out where that came from, because to identical metallic, nonorganic things moving slowly are not good signs of life. They'd then look around, see this blue planet near Mars, and notice a lot of activity on it. And then they'd come here and you'd visit The Aliens and UFO's Forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think it's funny to imagine if you were walking down the sidewalk and all the sudden this parachute came floating down, then released a big cluster of balls that fell to the ground, bounched for a while, and then all of them popped to reveal a large white box. Then all the sudden a door on the box opened and a little remote controlled car drove out of the box, spun in a circle taking pictures, and started to drill a hole in the street.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think if they were intelligent to see it, then they may try to find a "rational" explanation. We have the very same thing with the Mars Face which CLEARY is unnatural. (I won't get in to that)

It is an interesting thought, but out of curiosity if we ever reach mars, perhaps the Lunar Modules would be like a time capsul. I really could see that happen. We will get those Rovers back, MISSION TO MARS HERE WE COME!

apc

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

... spun in a circle taking pictures, and started to drill a hole in the street.

LOL

They would assume our bots to be gods and worship them accordingly, duh.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Any aliens able to discern our planets that well would immediately tell that Earth has abundant and advanced life just from the high oxygen content of the atmosphere, so they'd focus their attention on this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
I think it's funny to imagine if you were walking down the sidewalk and all the sudden this parachute came floating down, then released a big cluster of balls that fell to the ground, bounched for a while, and then all of them popped to reveal a large white box. Then all the sudden a door on the box opened and a little remote controlled car drove out of the box, spun in a circle taking pictures, and started to drill a hole in the street.

Ok, that would be really screwed up! Awesome realtion you percieved!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Our sun is only visible to the human eye for about 40 light years, and the center of the Milky way is 40,000 light years away.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What I'm saying is that lets say neptune has the same technology as us and they sent out a probe to mars to find E.T Life, Exploration, Whatever, they see our mechanical beasts on the planet, will they wonder if that is life on mars they have discovered?

So lets say neptunes probe gets there first, we deploy our rovers to mars and we see a mechanical device moving on mars, we would say that we have found E.T life, im just saying that maybe some other planets out there might be doing exactly the same thing we are doing :-)

Whoever made this galaxy (whatever Space thing) has created us all equal and seeing who is the 1st race to get into space and start exploring, maybe we might be the 1st ?

Mars could of been a testing ground for us explorers, a kind of check point in a milestone of space exploration, we have hit that 1st and won the 1st leg of the race, if that is the case then what does the creator want us to do next ?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe you have just explained what UFO's are
Not little green men inside just more advanced rovers ?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
Our sun is only visible to the human eye for about 40 light years, and the center of the Milky way is 40,000 light years away.

How do you know that? Our sun is a typical star of its class, and many stars just like our sun are seen at distances much higher than 40 ly...

apc

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I definitely don't know the exact figure but 40lightyears doesnt sound too far off. There's a whole lot of crap in the way out there.. if we could see all the stars in our galaxy we'd never have nightfall, just 'dim time'. Horray for interstellar gas and dust!
We can see lots and lots with IR and other wavelengths that dont really get bothered by dust, but visibile light doesnt make it very far, relatively speaking. And the naked human eye can barely even perceive what does get here.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I definitely don't know the exact figure but 40lightyears doesnt sound too far off. There's a whole lot of crap in the way out there.. if we could see all the stars in our galaxy we'd never have nightfall, just 'dim time'. Horray for interstellar gas and dust!
We can see lots and lots with IR and other wavelengths that dont really get bothered by dust, but visibile light doesnt make it very far, relatively speaking. And the naked human eye can barely even perceive what does get here.

I agree that Rigel is a supergiant, as it is called, but it actually is an example of what a star can do: Rigel is one of the brightest stars in the sky, and it is 775 ly away... 40 ly is close.

apc

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yah obviously defining any 'visual limit' is not going to be all inclusive. Hell you can see andromeda with the naked eye, and its a bit farther away than 40lightyears.. half the stuff you see with your naked eye when you look at the 'milky way' tho is just in our own glactic arm, and relatively not far.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The absolute magnitude of the Sun is +4.83 in the V band (yellow) and +5.48 in the B band (blue). which would be its magnature observed at 10 Parsecs

So it is safe to say that our sun would be invisible to the naked eye at 40 light years. Of coruse taht means jack if you hav a powerful enough telescope to see rovers on the surface of mars.

But one thing we forget is that the visible spectrum is limited to the speed of light and what the Aliens would be observing would be history. So if aliens from about 40 light years out would be observing the rovers on mars in the year 2046

Now honeslty I think they would have discovered signs of earth radio transmissions and witnesses early space fligths long before rovers were ever found

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If I were this alien species, the first thing I would think is "are they hostile"? How well advanced are they? And do they like the same kind of music I do?
That is not to mention the feed back it would cause on their home world. Just Imagine it: Their government finds signs of intelligent life, would they hold it from the public? If so, we would not be so different. Therefore, any oppression or supression by an alien government can mean only one thing: a paradigm to peace amungst each other.

join