It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Republican Senator to Take Away Public National Weather Service Information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that this thread was successfully blocked from becoming a NEWS Item by those who falsely claimed it was Biased. Sad to see such partisan censorship here on ATSNN. The news is factual and the commentary freely allowed apparently upset those who feel the need to deny the truth. So much for a free and open society. Those who voted Bias are as corrupt as the politician in the news item. Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Bumping given the recent weather and something in the air.

No, I'm not looking to get in the next edition of OReilly's "Who's Looking Out For You" but let's hope Santorum isn't either.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
WTF is this man thinking ...seriously WTF its the weather for god's sake why do I want to pay for something that should be free do I pay for the air each time i take a breath? I would hope not with people like him in our world soon we might be

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What it looks like they're trying to do, from reading this bill and other related bills, is seperate the NOAA and NWS. Then once they're seperated, this bill would basically kill the NWS, and make it impossible for the NOAA to send out weather information other than what they already send out, which is their somewhat cryptic reports that can pretty much only be understood by meteorologists.

And, it seems that these bills, even though they have not passed, have already started affecting weather.gov.

They used to display maps and other stuff (3-day and 5-day hurricane path forecasts, in depth weather information, etc.) related to the weather, but now all they have is basic meteorlogical information.

You even used to be able to put in your zip code and get local weather information. You cant even do that anymore.

I guess we're going to have to pay now to find out if we're going to get hit by a hurricane or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Apparently this guy is out to get in the publics pocket:

Penn Hills school officials waited too long before questioning the residency of U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum and his family, according to a preliminary ruling by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. As a result, Santorum is still considered a Penn Hills resident and does not need to repay the Penn Hills School District the tuition it spent for the senator's eldest five children to attend the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School.

The ruling was made by Barry Kramer, chief hearing officer for the state's Office of General Counsel. Estimates of the amount in question ranged from the $34,000 Santorum claims was paid to the $67,000 school board members say they paid.

The house on Stephens Lane that the Santorums bought in 1997 after moving from Mt. Lebanon has been rented out almost since it was purchased, Vecchio said. Santorum often votes in Penn Hills by absentee ballot and although his driver's license lists the Stephens Lane address as his residence, Santorum freely acknowledges that he and his family spend most of their time in their home in Leesburg, Va., because he usually is working in Washington, D.C.

"I guess because he's a U.S. senator, he can get away with anything," Vecchio said.

----- Paraphrased from the Post-Gazette

Article here:

www.post-gazette.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join