It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passover. Is it christian or jewish?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yes and the Passover is this weekend.......for the Jews who await the Messiah......

It has to do with the Exodus, not the moshiach.

Edited to say that I misunderstood.

[edit on 6/16/2005 by Shonet1430]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This means that those covered by His blood are Jews...they are Isreal..all of them from every kindred and tounge on the face of the earth.

Geez, I've been wondering what this red stuff is.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I have actaully participated in a passover feast and was suprised how everyhting in it scream to me "Christ" and how he was represented in everything. Too many Jews look back to the time of Moses, and not forward to the time of The Christ

God gave us the 7 feasts for a reason. God knows how our minds work and He knows how we will benifit from a hands on example, ... a picture....of prophecy.
ALL of the feasts are prophetic.
Doing the passover this year instead of the pagan easter was a huge blessing in my house.

Wrong!
Jake/
Ask a Jew why the Passover is celebrated and when it stops!

On Holy Thursday Jesus ate what is commonly known as the Last Supper with His disciples. It was more than a common supper. It was their last Passover Meal together: "for I tell you I shall not eat it until it is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God" (Luke 22:16).

The Passover Meal was a very important,
annual event.
It was a meal of thanksgiving. During the meal the Jews remembered their deliverance by God from Egyptian bondage.
The meal also pointed to the future fulfillment of the Lord's promise to deliver Israel from all its enemies.
During the meal a specially slaughtered passover lamb was eaten; bread broken and wine was distributed to everyone at ritually ordained moments.

It was precisely during this last Passover Meal with His disciples that Jesus revealed Himself as the Fulfillment of all that the Jews had both remembered and anticipated.
He was the final passover lamb, "the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

The breaking of the bread pointed to the imminent breaking of His own body and the shedding of His own blood on the Cross,
"for you and for many, for the remission of sins."
He was the ultimate deliverance from all bondage.

He was the new and final Passover,

the Passover from death to life and from earth to heaven (Ode 1, Paschal Canon). To this day the Orthodox Church calls both Christ and Easter by the Greek word, Pascha, the Passover.
www.3saints.com...

quote//
The Old Testament Passover.............
The slaughter of the pure lamb by whose blood were redeemed the Israelite first-born.

The New Testament Pascha..........
The death on the cross by God’s Lamb, by whose blood are redeemed the first-born of the Christians.

The crossing of the Red Sea by the Jews and deliverance from bondage.

The New Testament Pascha..........
Baptism frees humans from the bondage of sin.

Entrance in alliance with God on the 50th day after their exodus from Egypt and reception of God’s Commandments.

The New Testament Pascha.........
The descent of the Holy Spirit on the 50th day after Passover, by which was established the New Testament.

The Old Testament Passover.....
Wanderings in the desert and various trials.

The New Testament Pascha........
A Christian’s life amidst trials and sorrows.

Partaking of the Manna miraculously sent by God.

The partaking by the faithful of the “Bread of Heaven,” Body and Blood of Christ.

The erection of the copper serpent, by looking at which the Jews were healed from snake bites.

Christ’s Cross, by looking at which, the faithful save themselves from the snares of the devil.

The entrance of the Jews into the promised land

The reception by the faithful of the Kingdom of Heaven.

www.orthodoxphotos.com...

And with the SECOND coming of Christ .....begins the EIGHTH AGE....the EVERYDAY Pascha....it will be the eighth age when the world ends......and a New Jerusalem begins....

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Interesting reading. I can see how passover is really something for both christians and jews. Somewhere in time though Easter came around to celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ and that is what christians came to focus on in terms of a holiday. In all honesty, being christian is a year around holiday, not just at Easter and Christmas.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
MD1999

The easter thing came in via the catholic church.

helen...
Here is an idea. Quote the scripture I give and answer it with scripture

[edit on 17-6-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Shonet thanks for the answer...the Exodus...
My mistake.

I believe that the Jews await the Masciah?
True?
And that the Time is 12.00 ?

Is that right?
IX
helen

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I believe that the Jews await the Masciah?
True?
And that the Time is 12.00 ?

Is that right?

We do indeed wait but there is no guaranteed time that I'm aware of. In each generation, there is a person born with the potential to be our moshiach. If the world is not ready, that person will not be recognized and time travels on. Our moshiach is not going to be like the Christian version. He is not a god, nor is he sinless, etc. When the moshiach is recognized, we Jews will gathered in Israel to make that decision.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
another interesting thing that screams out Jesus that you might in enjoy is the placements of the camps during the wandering.

God tells them where to set up camp. The Levites are in the center. Then, the 12 tribes are put in groups of 3, and set on the North, South, East, and West of the Levites. No one is in the NE, SW, NW, or SE directions. If you could see this from above it would look like a "+". The Levites are in the center of the +.

BUT

Now look at the different populations of the tribes in Exodus and make each lines length according to its population.

On the east we have 186,400 (this is the long lower part)

On the north we have 157,600 (these two are the arms of the cross)
On the south its 151,400

and on the west 108,100 (this is the head)

The bottom (longest beam) of the cross is to the east. The arms of the cross are fairly even, and the top, (shortest part by the head) is the west.

Nothing is by accident with God. Just as Passover screams out our salvation by 'the blood of the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth" , I believe God put this here to be found.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

God tells them where to set up camp. The Levites are in the center. Then, the 12 tribes are put in groups of 3, and set on the North, South, East, and West of the Levites. No one is in the NE, SW, NW, or SE directions. If you could see this from above it would look like a "+". The Levites are in the center of the +.

How could they be in groups of 3? The Levites are in the middle and there are twelve tribes total. So there is one group of two. 3+3+3+3+1=13 see the mathematical flaw?

BUT

Now look at the different populations of the tribes in Exodus and make each lines length according to its population.

On the east we have 186,400 (this is the long lower part)

On the north we have 157,600 (these two are the arms of the cross)
On the south its 151,400

and on the west 108,100 (this is the head)

The bottom (longest beam) of the cross is to the east. The arms of the cross are fairly even, and the top, (shortest part by the head) is the west.

Nothing is by accident with God. Just as Passover screams out our salvation by 'the blood of the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth" , I believe God put this here to be found.

The cross would be on it's side would it not? North would be where the head is, south where the feet are and the east and west where the arms are. G-d didn't put anything like that for you to find. You derived something in your head, twisted it like turning the directions to form your cross, and then presented it as G-d's idea. Tooooooooo funny.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

How could they be in groups of 3? The Levites are in the middle and there are twelve tribes total. So there is one group of two. 3+3+3+3+1=13 see the mathematical flaw?

Perhaps you should read the bible for yourself and find out. I promise you my reading is perfect on the matter. Surely you know there were more than 12!

I stated that the cross was on its side...with the long part to the east, which would put the head at the west.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Perhaps you should read the bible for yourself and find out.

I have read the Tanakh and know which is why I think it's so funny.

I promise you my reading is perfect on the matter.

Then you would have been able to get a sort of mental picture that a square was the camp's blueprint and not a cross.

Surely you know there were more than 12!

There are only 12 in the land promise. Joseph and Levi were both removed from that and in their place were Ephraim and Manesseh put. Also from your previous post..."Then, the 12 tribes are put in groups of 3, and set on the North, South, East, and West of the Levites." You too acknowledge the 12 plus Levites.

I stated that the cross was on its side...with the long part to the east, which would put the head at the west.

Actually you didn't. Look again. Anyhow, the point was for a square and to encompass the Tabernacle. The bima in a synagogue is representative of the encampment around the Tabernacle as it shows that the Torah belonged equally to all who were there.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So you do see that you were wrong about their being only 12 then? Its a bakers dozen. The Levites are in the middle.

As for the box thing...that isnt was scripture says. All I can do is read and take it for what it says. You can rationalize it any way you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join