It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

snow!?!?!! is it really April 22?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The national weather service is predicting an early spring snow event, possibly nine inches of snow is some areas. I'm not sure how big this storm will be. And I'm hoping some of our weather experts will add their knowledge here.
This snow comes after several days of mid-70 degree weather in SE Michigan...and no rain to speak of.

Expires 4:30 AM EDT on April 23, 2005

Statement as of 4:15 PM EDT on April 22, 2005

... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday evening to Sunday
afternoon...

The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday evening to
Sunday afternoon.

Rain will change over to snow Saturday morning. The snow may
become heavy Saturday night and continue through the day on
Sunday. Minor accumulations are possible Saturday afternoon. Storm
total accumulations of 5 to 9 inches are possible Saturday night
through Sunday. Winds will also gust up to 35 mph.

A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.

www.wunderground.com...

[edit on 22-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very odd,

I know hear in the UK we have had some pretty up and down weather
One day its cold another warm then Snow, some times all in the same day.

Seems to be alot of strange weather about.......

Not sure if this is relevant but I did here a weather guy a while ago say it could all be connected due to the boxing day tsunami and the excess water on the land, which some how affects the weather?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm waiting for snow here in Arizona valley so we can declare the Apocalypse and be done with mother earths tempertantrums.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
NOAA posted an article about spring snow storms. Michigan has had big snow storms in 1923, 1883 and 1886, with some snow recorded as late as May 31 in 1910
Mother Nature has a mind of her own

www.crh.noaa.gov...

[edit on 24-4-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's supposed to be winter (or close to it) here in Australia and we're still getting 30+ degree days, which is normally summer weather....

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am originally from Michigan ( I now live in Ontario, Canada so that's not much of an improvement --weatherwise) and an expression we used to say in Michigan (though it probably isn't exclusive to the Wolverine State) was "if you don't like the weather in Michigan, wait. It will change"

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The trace of snow we got yesterday was a record for the date in Indianapolis. While a trace was received at the airport some areas around town got quite a bit more. It feels weird seeing everything green like that and seeing it snow. Your brain keeps telling you that something doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's no big deal. We've always gotten snow in April. Hell I can remember snow on mothers day. I live in NY and we always have gotten snow in April.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here in AZ, there are usually no clouds or rain in April. The winter rains have blessed us this year, but to have winter rains in April is pretty unusual. To have clouds is unusual. (not that me or my garden is complaining) Is the jet stream totally off course? Is is going to be El Nino, or El Nina this year? Nobody is talking about the weather patterns. We usually don't get rain until the monsoons in August, but then I guess the last 7 years of drought may have made me used to no rain.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I may not have this totally right, but I think there was a late season Artctic blast just as the warm wet Gulf air came up and caused all the rain and thunderstorm in the Ohio Valley and points south and east.
The cold air gave the midwest snow instead of the rain we might have gotten.

I am just grateful we got wet stuff. Before this storm, my area had less than 0.25 inch of rain....not good for growing things.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
as the oldtimers call it here in the Southeast US. Thusly named for the last blast of freezing/frost weather before the arrival of spring which coincides with the blooming of the native Blackberry vines. Its funny how the weather "experts" seem to declare it like it had never happened before when I can personally remember 16 inches of snow in April back in the 70s which came and went in a days time. Every year, those of us who garden usually deal with such weather after planting the veggies. The plastic grocery sacks work well to protect young plants when weighted or pinned down around them.

Yeah, its been afew years since we saw snow in April here too but not that many. We're on the rebound today, however up in the 60s already and looking for our normal seasonal rain to begin again tomorrow.

top topics

join