It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to interview some one that lived in the 60's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have to write a a4 page paper comparing how the 60's are in the books and movies, and how the 60's were to people that were realy there, i just moved to a new area and dont know anyone that lived through the 60's.

I figure that here i could hind the most intredting things that happen in the 60's.

I have 20-30 questions to ask about the 60's and HEVEY questioning on the JFK/MLK assasination, and the moon landings.

I apreciate if anyone can help me, as i dont want to go to a retiremnt home in the most conservitive city in the world.

PM me if you are intrested.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
TKainZero,
Go ahead and ask your questions.here .it will be intresting to see what comes out of it!!
Thanks Orangetom

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was born in 62, no prob. Ask what you want.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Tkain, I was born in 1944, graduated from high school in 1963, was in the military from 1963-1965, went to college afterward -- and even played in a band in the late sixties! If you like, ask away. Or, you may U2U me.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was born in 1960. The main thing I remember from the whole decade was those damned astronauts kept interupting my saturday morning cartoons because they were circling the moon again or when they finally landed on it in 69. Well, I guess I have a few other memories but i'll keep those to myself.

I do have a friend who graduated highschool in 69. The class chant was:

"Show me your's i'll show you mine
We're the class of 69."

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here's a great place to find whatever you want to find out about the 60's.

teachers.westport.k12.ct.us... 's

It was a great era. Oh to be innocent again...!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is a really interesting education assignment, comparing recorded "history" to living interviews.

If you wouldn't mind posting your questions for all the forum to see, I think it would be be interesting. I'd like to see the answers too. Just being nosey.

Originally posted by TKainZero
I apreciate if anyone can help me, as i dont want to go to a retiremnt home in the most conservitive city in the world.

That's just silly by the way. The 60's were yesterday. :shk:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Ouch!! The folks in the retirement home will have less favorable memories of the 60's.....they were our parents!!! We are not in there just yet! (Born 1952 )

Post your questions, that way you will get a range of responses.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK, the assignment is to compare an interview to the history of the recorded history, more interviews would create a broader sense of view, I am surprised that so many of you are enthusiast about this, if you have any additional questions besides the ones that I am asking, you can ask yourself them.

1. Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth
2. What are the main events you remember from the 60’s?
3. Where in life were you at this time?
4. What can u remember from fashion/music in the year 60?
5. 61
6. 62
7. 63
8. 64
9. 65
10. 66
11. 67
12. 68
13. 69 (sry I was pressed for questions)
14. Do you remember the JFK Vs. Nixon Debate on TV?
15.The JFK assassination
16. Martin Luther King assassination
17. What were the impressions of the music scene as compared to toady’s music scene?
18. What were your impressions of the early hippie era?
19. Where you at, or heard a lot about Woodstock?
20. How big was boxing?
21. I have lots of sports questions, but I am hoping that someone could answer some of them.

Thank all of you.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
OK, the assignment is to compare an interview to the history of the recorded history, more interviews would create a broader sense of view, I am surprised that so many of you are enthusiast about this, if you have any additional questions besides the ones that I am asking, you can ask yourself them.

1. Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth
Duncan Kunz, Indianapolis Indiana, 22 December 1944

2. What are the main events you remember from the 60’s?
The War, graduating from high school, going in the service, going to college, getting married

3. Where in life were you at this time?
I was overseas (my dad was a government employee) and I didn’t get back here until 1962. I lived in the Washington DC suburbs for the rest of the decade except for when I was in the military.

4. What can u remember from fashion/music in the year 60?
Nothing; I wasn’t here.

5. 61
Same

6. 62
pegged pants, Henry Mancini, the Kingston Trio

7. 63
Boot camp, bell bottoms (part of the uniform) qualifying in Submarines, Atlantic Cruise (including Guantanamo Bay) listening to Motown, Kennedy assassination

8. 64
Finished active duty, started collegeBritish invasion, first exposure to marijuana

9. 65
More of the same, beginning of war news

10. 66 and so on…
11. 67 and so on…
12. 68 and so on…
13. 69 (sry I was pressed for questions)

14. Do you remember the JFK Vs. Nixon Debate on TV?
Yes, but I didn’t watch them, I was still overseas

15.The JFK assassination
Yes. I had a two week leave from the Navy and was at my parents’ house when it happened. My intial reaction was that “It’s gonna be Johnson against Goldwater next year, and Johnson will win with the sympathy vote” and “I hope I don’t get called back from my leave”

16. Martin Luther King assassination
Yes, I was living in DC at the time, and there were beaucoup riots downtown.

17. What were the impressions of the music scene as compared to toady’s music scene?
Some of the stuff was kind of saccharine, but it was a lot more creative than some of the derivative stuff today. Of course, there was no hip-hop or rap … wait a minute. We’re talking about MUSIC, right? Never mind.

18. What were your impressions of the early hippie era?
I thought the hippies were on the right track with the sex and drugs, but they were pretty naïve politically (of course, I was a vet by then)

19. Where you at, or heard a lot about Woodstock?
Actually, I was playing in a top-forty band by then, but doubted if I wouel’dve gone even if I had the time. 99 percent of the people who now say they were in Woodstock weren’t; it became a big deal years later.

20. How big was boxing?
You had Muhammad Ali. What else can I say?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow I'm amazed so many people who lived through the 60's are still alive...

j/k

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You young punk!

If I remembered where I put my cane, I'd come right over and .. and...

Dang. I forget.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I was at Bryon, the last performance if Jimi Hendrix, remember when watching the Moon landings, remarking "that is not happening"
I ran communes during this time, anyone could stay as long as they contributed to it's upkeep.
All I ever wore was faded jeans mini-skirts, or long gowns for my Friday night "teaching sessions."
I will be happy to answer any direct questions, but I agree with what most has been posted.During the King;s assn, I got a phone call at my business saying if I did not shut down, it would be burned..I shut it down.
Love Bob Dylan now as much or more than I did then..
The fossil.

Feel free to ask any all, queries if you want to U2U, that is fine.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'll join into this, since I'm heading for 59 this year. born 10/10/46...just a kid by ots's age...
working the thing out is hard...cuz our synapsis ain't snapping some days

heh heh

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wow I'm amazed so many people who lived through the 60's are still alive...

j/k

SHUP U! "grrrrrrrr" @ Djohn

Ya a 'few' of us are still alive AMAZINGLY!

I was born 1/25/63 and doubt I will be MUCH help to this thread but here goes..................
I was rather PUT OUT with all the moon stuff to, since it SO interfeared with my anxiously awaited 'Looney Toonz' weekend time.

I was a kid in the 60's, and was sheltered from the music and most of the goings on.......
My family played the piano and made us sing church tunes......
I do however CLEARLY remember the Lawrence Welk show.
I didnt get into any music scenes untill I had my own radio in the 70's......

I was a little girl and boxing was SCAREY to me......

I wanted to grow up and marry the "professer' from Gilligans Island, so at least I had a goal, and YES I can make a coconut cream pie. I have NO CLUE however to build a radio reciever from coconut shells....

[edit on 23-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
if you have any additional questions besides the ones that I am asking, you can ask yourself them.

Cool.
And maybe you can use a few instead of 12 month impressions.

Note: People not wanting to answer #1 (Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth) should not. Or just U2U the poster with that part. And there's no need for more than just a first name.

Even better would be gender? And a few other demographics regarding upbringing versus present occupation, but that's up to you. You could milk quite a few questions out of that though. Parent's job? Did mother work? Public or private school? College? Etc. Again, up to you. If you're looking for differences in opinon.

I'd seriously also ask before/after impressions. Like recalling feelings about the Space Race up until the Moon Landing, and feelings about it in 69 after/during, etc.

Feelings about sexual revolution? Heck, favorite TV shows?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You got me - born 1950 - my teenage years were commensurate with 1963 onwards - WHAT would you like to know??

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
SHUP U! "grrrrrrrr" @ Djohn

Ya a 'few' I was born 1/25/63

Don't worry TRG, I'm not THAT far behind, born in 73. The way the time is flying now, it won't be long before some young punk is trying to use me for historical research too...

[edit on 4/23/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Look like you have a wide range of ages you can pick from for your interviews. It should be interesting.

I was born in 64. And had a brother in the Viet nam war. So I can only speak as a child during that era, and how the war affected my family.

Good luck with your assignment!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
>>Cool.
And maybe you can use a few instead of 12 month impressions.

Note: People not wanting to answer #1 (Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth) should not. Or just U2U the poster with that part. And there's no need for more than just a first name.

Even better would be gender? And a few other demographics regarding upbringing versus present occupation, but that's up to you. You could milk quite a few questions out of that though. Parent's job? Did mother work? Public or private school? College? Etc. Again, up to you. If you're looking for differences in opinon.

I'd seriously also ask before/after impressions. Like recalling feelings about the Space Race up until the Moon Landing, and feelings about it in 69 after/during, etc.

Feelings about sexual revolution? Heck, favorite TV shows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join