It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramifications of '08 (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Could we have a black Pope and US President at the same time by the end of 2008? It is certainly possible. What if it were to happen? How would the world and the US react? There very well could be civil strife within the US and the RCC. Open warfare could even break out. I hate to sound paranoid, but I'm just considering the ramifications of such an eventuality. And it is an eventuality, if not in '08, then before too very long.

The election of a black President could trigger civil war in the US, maybe even the formation of new national identities, or the partitioning of the US as foretold in NWO lore. Internationally, how would the unstable demographics of the worlds over 1 billion Catholics handle a black Pope? Many would welcome it, as they would welcome a black US President, but many powerful people in the old guard could feel threatened by a perceived shift in the global balance of their power. They may initiate a pre-emptive strike somehow, and WWIII comes to mind.

On the other hand, a development such as this could usher in a new era of peace, cultural interaction and understanding. There is bound to be a period of adjustment, and some limited upheaval caused by disaffected elements, but overall the opportunity such a momentous world event presents for human growth and healing might well outweigh the threat of its realization.

In any event, it is never too early to start getting prepared for the inevitable.

Related News Links:
washtimes.com
www.harpers.org

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ummm.... how is this news?
?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This belongs somewhere else. Also, I think it is by no means an "eventuality."

Zip

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So...who's going to be fighting whom again?

Are white people going to start fighting black people because America, which is majority white, voted a black person into office?

Not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I would have to classify the first three responses to this piece as disaffected element, disaffected element, and don't count on it.

We are far closer to the realization of this scenario, and its fallout, than most people are willing to admit. Change is scary. Deal with it by being prepared in advance. Never forget the seven p's of performance, and the kiss principle. Also, brass helps your aim.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Its not going to happen anytime soon as long as the U.S. is majority White and as long as the black candidates are like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson not even black people will vote for them.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree that someone like Colin Powell or Condi Rice would have to run before it becomes possible. Thats why I linked to Mr. Powell above. I have respect for how he has handled himself in the halls of corruption that is DC. Character counts, and his military background (wasn't he Chairman of the JCS, or something like that?) doesn't hurt. Heck, I'm white, and I might vote for him under the right circumstances. Isn't Hilary a potential candidate?

Powell or another black leader, like Rice, could also become VP and ascend via some tragedy befalling their President. Condi is what, three heartbeats away right now, or something like that, right? One of those belongs to extra-tricky Dicky, too, so you better hope his pacemaker doesn't short out at a critical juncture. There might be a conspiracy thread in that, someone blackmailing him by controlling the juice to his pump.

I don't know what US demographic reports you follow, but the trend, especially around the edges and in birthrates, is definitely toward 'other than white', if you haven't noticed. Disaffection with inadequate representation and inordinate distribution of benefit to the wealthy (mostly white) is creating a groundswell of popular opinion for change in the current status quo in Washington. The GOP has shrewdly seen this coming, and brought most viable black candidates (except for Obama, and he's too junior) under their banner. The effect has been somewhat hollow, however, as GOP policies have stayed rigid and skewed as always.

At any rate, '08 should be interesting and eventful.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A civil war is a VERY extreme option.

However, as for the Pope, they will eventually have to get used to the fact that Catholicism is declining among traditional Catholics (whites) and growing amongst those who aren't white (hispanics, blacks, etc.) They cannot long ignore that fact, nor alienate their strongest base of members.

As for America, a black president is of course possible, and very likely. It'd be a radical change and there'd be tons of press about it, positive and negative, and it'd sway both ways a lot, but in the end, the result will be the same. A black president is no different than a white one, they are both sufferors of the same system. In the end, any radical change will be party change, not candidate.

The same goes for the papacy. They, however, have the benefit of 2,000 years worth of precedent, and 265 men to go against. That's much harder than 230 years and 42 men. (don't forget Grover Cleveland - I'm related)

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes, civil war in the US, or world war over a black Pres./Pope is a worst case scenario. Unfortunately, it is not out of the question considering the level of political, religious, and racial polarization that exists on the world social scene today.

You gave a well balanced answer to my piece, and I appreciate you taking the time to seriously think it over. Grover Cleveland would be proud of you.

IR

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just How would a black President start a civil war?

As for the pope it dosnt matter if he is black or green it dosnt change the fact that he is a puppert for the NWO other wise known as reglion.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, the second a black man(or woman) was made president the south would break away again, after killing the person. Then the north would try to keep the union together, win, and the south will forever whine about the war of Northern Agression even though they started it by bombing a base or something, just like the first time.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, the second a black man(or woman) was made president the south would break away again, after killing the person.

What are you smoking ?
If that were true then there would be a civil war in America right now.
If you assume that the south would never vote for black president then there isnt much hope for black candidates in the future.

The South was the second fastest-growing region (17.3 percent), adding a total of 14.8 million people in the 1990s. Georgia was its fastest growing state (up 26.4 percent). Texas, which grew by 3.9 million, and Florida, up 3.0 million, showed the largest numeric increases.
source

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe JTL was making a funny. I thought it was. Pointing out the absurdities of anyone taking any of the above actions.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The election of a black President in the US has the remote possibility of sparking armed civil strife by having racial tension and animosity get out of hand amongst the rank and file. Major riots have occured in big US cities over regional issues of far less import than this. Throw Hilary vs. Condi or Colin vs. Newt into the mix, and who knows what might come out of the woods.

There are posse comitatus type orgs and para-military militias of various Aryan bents that are just looking for an excuse to take on the Nation of Islam or whatever currently fuels their hate-filled diatribe. Again, these are remote possibilities, and I hope and pray that nothing ever gets out of hand. MinuteMen on the border with Mexico is a tame example of this that could be just waiting to explode into gunfire and become tragic.

Americans have to open up and let their minds embrace all the wonderful opportunities for growth and healing that exist right along side the potential for destruction and decay that we see all around us every day; Incorporating all the advantages and challenges we face into a national identity that will stand every test of time, and bringing it to bear on every moment, lest we forget. Lest we forget all the sacrifices made by all those who have gone before us to pave the way to our greatest achievements, and those yet to come. I salute the unified will of Americans to keep the USA a great nation.

new topics

top topics

join