Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"it is better if that person [judas] was never born"

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
remember Jesus said something like:

"it is better if that person [judas] was never born"...

He was talking about being betrayed and etc. when saying this...

so, if Jesus said it, it MUST be true right???

BUT...

if Judas was NEVER born, who would betray Him???

the romans needed Judas to "point out" who Jesus was because they didn't know what He looked like...

so Judas kissed Him as a sign...

so if Judas was NEVER born, there would be NO betraying and NO Jesus dying and rising and NO christian religion...

right???

is Jesus wrong???

help me...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sntx

The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

thats it...

but what do have to say about my comments on this verse???

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Judas didn't have a choice. Judas was just the sorry soul who jesus chose before he was born to do the dirty work and go to hell for it. His life was written ahead of time.

Well, thats if you believe that kinda stuff.... but hey, that would make you a christian. We know what kind of IQ's those guys prance around with...scholarly bunch.

[edit on 4/22/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

thats it...

but what do have to say about my comments on this verse???

I would say that your comments are based on a misunderstanding of the verse which I had hoped to clear up by posting the verse with emphasis added by me. Having apparently failed at that, I do not presume to have the ability to come up with words that are more clear than what is presented in the quoted text.

[edit on 4/22/0505 by sntx]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but in the books left out of the bible for giving women power/telling the truth, Judas didn't betrey Jesus, Jesus told him to go to the guards so jesus could turn himself in so he could die for the people. Oh wait, the bible isn't edited, it's god's word, except it isn't, it is the word of a bunch of child rapists who decided who/what got in and what didn't.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Sorry, but in the books left out of the bible for giving women power/telling the truth, Judas didn't betrey Jesus, Jesus told him to go to the guards so jesus could turn himself in so he could die for the people. Oh wait, the bible isn't edited, it's god's word, except it isn't, it is the word of a bunch of child rapists who decided who/what got in and what didn't.

wow...

calm down james...

i read the books edited and they are a great read...

the bible is written by men and men are not perfect...

and priests need love too...

top topics

join