It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Oil Is Closer Than You Think

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by veritas 7
I ill tell you something, once we have done all we can to obtain the gas and oil from the middle east, with countless phoney wars about TERROR! Then the continent of africa will be next.

I'd say Venezuela will be highest on that list.

BushCo. has been doing everything in its power to destablize Hugo Chavez' government. They even backed that big coup attempt in '02. Chavez has been warning everyone of this.

ECK, the reason for the destabalization of Chavez' government isn't about oil, but the spread of Cuban communism in the western hemisphere.

His "administration" supports the likes of FARC. Here is a good link to a quick history of that organization:
coc... aine.org/colombia/farc.html

"In 1964, the Colombian military, using a loan from the US, launched a napalm attack against the independent republic of Marquetalia. The attack prompted the survivors to declare war against Colombia and founded the Southern Bloc."

"Two years later, at an annual conference of guerrilla leaders, the Southern Bloc expanded their military agenda into a nation-wide 'Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia,' "

Chavez may support it, but with who's help did it originally come into existence?

btw- great link, sums up the situation in Columbia quite well, lots of info and not a lot of fluff.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think during the Peak Oil transition, small engined vehicles like the Smart car (1.0L or less) will become very popular due to efficiency and low running cost.
I'm hanging on to my Nissan Micra!

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've been driving my light pick-up for 10 yrs now.. I'll probly be driving it 30 yrs from now, too.
Gas mileage isn't great, but its easy as hayell to fix.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my dad is a chemical engineer he said to not believe any of this. There is still a lot of oil.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intothisholeifall
There is still a lot of oil.

That's not what Peak Oil is about!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intothisholeifall
my dad is a chemical engineer he said to not believe any of this. There is still a lot of oil.

Maybe he should let the industry experts in on what he knows that they don't.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Some of the best oil in the world is locked in the ground in good 'ol PA. but we can't get it due to the enviro-nutballs. New evidence shows that many of the oil deposits, put on hold because of low prices at the time, are re-filling. We most certainly do not have a shortage of oil... we have a shortage of refineries, again, thanks to the enviro's. and also because of "designer fuel." Not a new refinery built for thirty years. Those are the two reasons we are paying what we are for fuel. Americas air is cleaner now than it was at the beginning of the industrial revolution.

Existing refineries, and most all power plants, are hog-tied by environmental laws, when they want to upgrade their facilities to produce more and pollute less. A relatively new discovery, Helium 3, was discovered on the moon. Merely by heating the "soil" it can be extracted with now-existing technology, with extremely minimal impact. Two shuttle loads of it could power the U.S. for a year. The same limitations apply to it as it does to "normal" Hydrogen... lack of infrastructure for storage and delivery. Even with technology seen to exist ten years from now, it will still require the same amount of BTU's from one source of energy, to produce a similar amount of BTU's of Hydrogen.
What people forget, is that the existing world industrialized nations require ENERGY, not necessarily oil. If the oil runs out, there is enough coal in the ground to provide Americas energy requirements for 1000 years, and that would include the cost to coal mining companies to replenish the mined land to a similar previous condition, which has been done in Ohio, West Virginia, and many other places. Flora; fauna.. all like it was before the mining took place.

That's what people seem to forget about the benefits of American Capitolism.... enough profits are made to clean up after ourselves. Does every company clean up as it should..... they do now, more-so than at any time in our history, and, I will concede, the enviro's have helped in that respect. Global warming? ..... 1500 scientists around the world concur that 98% is being caused by increased Solar activity. The Kyoto Treaty is only another way for those who hate America to bring us down to the level of the rest of the world, instead of bringing them up to our level, by allowing their people the Freedom and Liberty Americans have. I, for one, do not want someone in another country... someone I cannot vote into or out of office, controlling our levels of C02.

Do I like the pump prices? ..... heck no; but $60 per barrel oil breaks down to an easier to grasp 18 cents per pint. Now, everyone, go to any store you choose, and see what you can buy for 18 cents a pint. Thanks for your time.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by zappafan1]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
..... I forgot; Hugo Chavez... that noble leader, who is now and has been in cahoots with another fine leader, Castro, is now bulldozing the homes of those who ran against him, and those who oppose him. Hey.... what the hey? .... Communism has only killed 100 million people worldwide over the last century. Let's give it another go!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
..... I forgot; Hugo Chavez... that noble leader, who is now and has been in cahoots with another fine leader, Castro, is now bulldozing the homes of those who ran against him, and those who oppose him. Hey.... what the hey? .... Communism has only killed 100 million people worldwide over the last century. Let's give it another go!

YOu got any links to back up that assertion up?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Which assertion do you want credible links to?
This one is from an .edu site on the number of people murdered by Communism:
HOW MANY DID COMMUNIST REGIMES MURDER

Communism has been the greatest social engineering experiment we have ever seen. It failed utterly and in doing so it killed over 100,000,000 men, women, and children, not to mention the near 30,000,000 of its subjects that died in its often aggressive wars and the rebellions it provoked. But there is a larger lesson to be learned from this horrendous sacrifice to one ideology. That is that no one can be trusted with power. The more power the center has to impose the beliefs of an ideological or religious elite or impose the whims of a dictator, the more likely human lives are to be sacrificed. This is but one reason, but perhaps the most important one, for fostering liberal democracy.

seekerof

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just a thought that I had but, aren't many plastics oil based? So if we ran out of oil wouldn't that be bye-bye to plastic?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Uh.. no.

Originally posted by zappafan1
..... I forgot; Hugo Chavez... that noble leader, who is now and has been in cahoots with another fine leader, Castro, is now bulldozing the homes of those who ran against him, and those who oppose him

Lookin for links to this assertion.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by puppet
Just a thought that I had but, aren't many plastics oil based? So if we ran out of oil wouldn't that be bye-bye to plastic?

Yeppers. The end of oil, or the tightness of it, means we'll be doing without a lot of convenient products. Our nation's entire infrastructure is built on cheap oil consumption.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Anyone have an exact date?

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

For the big meltdown?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I assume you mean the connection between castro and Chevez. I dislike doing homework for others, but it forum policy to provide links to back up comments made, so the following link is but one of many:
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First of all, a big hello to the newest members. Puppet.... you are correct; Oil is the base for so many things from fuel to natural gas to plastics, and too many chemicals to list here that are used in processes to make other things we simply cannot do without, because there are no substitutes for them at this time, or in the foreseeable future. Even ex-President Carter (Mr. Peanut), when Anwar was made into a"National Treasure", specifically said that one of the criteria and requirements was using it for a source of oil.

Remember folks.... When the Alaska pipeline went in, the enviro-weenies said it would decimate the caribou population, and ruin the permafrost, and cause all sorts of damage. What happened? .... the caribou population multiplied four times, and what little damage was done, which there are inevitable leaks as things wear out, was easier to correct, Why??? Because it's easier to clean an oil spill on land than it is in water. Other animals use the pipeline as a source of heat in the bitter cold, and some climb onto it to protect themselves from predators

Don't be fooled by those commercials, folks.... the ones that show a beautiful area with mountains and all; The area they want to drill, which is less than the size of a playing card in the average living room, is an area where no one goes on vacation.. the mosquitos would eat you alive in 15 minutes. The rhetoric of saving it for future generations is crap, because no one goes there.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

For the big meltdown?

Yes, please.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Impossible to predict the exact date, but with things going the way they are now between 2010-2015 the peak will hit. Some have said it already happened and some say it will be soon(with which I agree). But the only way to know we hit the peak is after it has happened and then we can look back at the charts and statistics and say DOH, why didn't we see that coming?(At least that is what the current denyers will be saying)

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Impossible to predict the exact date, but with things going the way they are now between 2010-2015 the peak will hit. Some have said it already happened and some say it will be soon(with which I agree). But the only way to know we hit the peak is after it has happened and then we can look back at the charts and statistics and say DOH, why didn't we see that coming?(At least that is what the current denyers will be saying)

Yes, there are those who try to debunk the information as mentioned in the links below; does anyone truly know the truth.... I don't think anyone does. We can only, and should only look at ALL the information as it is presented, and not merely postulate on certain things if it reinforces our personal beliefs.
zappafan1

www.rense.com...

www.papillonsartpalace.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join