It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS Bus Tour on Religon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Or option 4 you realize you are full of it and are running around screaming "The sky is falling" instead of discussing the bible saying sell your daughter is a-ok and that women are evil when on the rag. Or that it is full of it because science/reality/facts prove it to be and all you have is "Waaaa!!!! Sky is falling, Waaaaa!!!! you wrong because I say so, I don't have anything to back me up, just me yelling you wrong because I say so!" Sad, so sad.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In the past there have been so many subjects that I did not understand or did not agree with regarding the bible.
As a christian I had some tough times reading the bible, especially the OT.
What is litteral and what is not, why is the OT filled with war and violence, etc etc.

I learn new stuff all the time, about what I had wrong or what I didn't understand, and I can not answer ALL of your questions, but the ones that I CAN answer I don't even WANT to answer because I do not think you are here to get your questions answered right?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That's great! "I don't wanna answer cause I don't wanna answer!!!!" How childish. Sound like a corporate goon in court pleading the fifth cause if they answer they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh yes, what is literal and what isn't? I know the answer, anything bad is symbol, anything good is literal. At least that's how the christians explain it.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
James,

If you are really interested in the subject of slavery in the bible here is a good link discussing the subject in detail you can start with. Now get our your trusty bible and have fun studying

www.christian-thinktank.com...

Here is one about killing:

www.tektonics.org...

Oh, and regarding menstration there is no indication of it being evil, merely unclean. Having many years ago worked at a job where one of my duties was to clean the women's bathroom, I think unlclean is a fair description. Oh and in fairness, the men's bathroom was no better, just less bloody.

Steve

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for links providing an opposing veiw, unlike someone else just screaming about something or other.

Unclean, isn't that why we got maxi pads and kotex? Of course, nowadays women don't have to sleep in a tent in the backyard when on their period. But still, according to the bible it is wrong to go near a woman who is unclean. Would love to see that on Judge Judy, a guy asking her is she is on the rag before he enters the courtroom.

And on bathrooms, men have no respect, dried urine is no fun to scrub off a floor in a public bathroom.

Ok, now, Noah? Not just the FACT there isn't enough water on or under Earth to cover entire planet, but the genetics aspect of it. Inbreeding would have killed all after the 3rd or 4th generation. Same with Adam and Eve. Also, every civ. in the area had a big flood story, for there was a big flood, as I explained in the original post. But according to christians it happened, 2 of every animal and all that. Also, not just land animals, but water animals too. Salt water fish die in brackish/fresh, and fresh die in brackish/salt. Some species of sharks and trout/salmon can live in both, but the other millions upon millions of sea life can't. So you need an aquarium for all the animals. Then you need fresh drinking water, food, both for herbivores and carnivores, and man they would have made a stink, enclosed on a ship, the air would have become polluted, killing the more fragile animals. Then plants, grass, trees, flowers, fruits, whatever, all would have died being under water, so you need a garden on the ark.

Or what about the "plague" of messiahs? Jesus was a dime a dozen. Well, thousands. In fact, one who is real, have proof from history books, Apollonius of Tittania was the messiah, could heal the sick, performed miracles, the followers say he was the son of god, was persecuted for his belief, crucified by the Romans, rose from the dead and went into heaven. So, how come we don't have Apollonius Christ? He was real! He existed, we have proof he existed, that he was real, not "well, we said so" proof, but real, scientific/historical proof. So why aren't we worshipping Apollonius Christ?

Speaking of plagues, no proof the Jews were ever slaves in Egypt. NOTHING! In a civilization that was big on writing things down there is NOTHING about jewish slaves or any plagues. One would think hundreds of thousands of Jews leaving would have been something to write about, but no, NOTHING! Also, original text says Reed Sea, not Red Sea. A swamp/marsh land, not a sea. Also, no archeology proof of any mass of people wondering the desert. Nothing, no bones from food, no left over tools broken so left behind, nothing. You have several hundred thousand people wondering around, you have proof left behind.

Also, at the time the Jew Exodus was suppose to have happened, a volcano went boom! This is something people wrote down, and they have scientific proof of the volcano, more powerful then Krakatoa, which could have caused the "plagues" mentioned. Polluting the water, algae/fungus blooms, red in appearance. This still happens today and in fact the Red Tide was a big deal in Florida a few years ago. With water polluted the frogs leave the rivers, for polluted water will kill frogs. Now they out, skins dry out, die. Lice wasn't a big deal, not really a plague, more like dog crap has flies, people had lice. Insects come and feast on all the dead frogs, bringing disease, killing livestock. Locust are also not a "plague", in fact they are still around today. Why we created pesticide to kill the locust that ate crops. Dark for days on end? Australia had night for close to a week after Krakatoa blew.

Now, Egypt, a civ. that was big on writing never mentioned Jew Slaves, EVER! In Europe there are accounts of a volcano blowing, causing the waters to be polluted, frogs, insects, whatever. Not a miracle or plague or wrath of god, but science and reality. Now I realize back then they didn't know, they thought earth flat, center, so forth. But today WE KNOW! We know small pox epidemics are not god but disease. We know lightning is wrath of god but static electricity gone wild. We know a comet is something from space, not god throwing stones or whatever. But back then they didn't, yet people today think that they were right or something even with science/reality/facts showing no they were wrong. No world flood, only true world event we have proof of is the KT Boundary, or the extinction of the dinosaurs by astroid.

The KT Boundary is a thin layer of rock found all over the world, doesn't matter, you dig deep enough you find it. It has uridium, a rare element on earth, but plentiful in astroids, and it covers the WORLD! Italy, Montana, Australia, doesn't matter, it is there. This is more scientific proof of an astroid hitting earth killing the dinosaurs and other creatures, which allowed the mammals to rise and take the dinosaurs place. Unless you are Jake1997 who has said that it all bs, satan put it there, earth only 6,000 years old. Which is sad that in the day of information super highway with no speed limit people still think such outdated things.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
James the lesser..

lol lol ..you keep posting these long ranting postings ..but one thing comes through clearly ...the pattern of your operation.

Science is your religion...devoutly.

Your main problem with the bible is that it is not in scientific format...

It was never written as a scientific treatise...yet like all logical reasonable men...you must try to hold it to that standard....this is why you dont make good nonsense and must constantly go back to type.

You assume that all or most christians are against science...it is not so...what many christians are against is the evolutionary default setting that attempts to pass for science...complete with priesthood. Once again..James the lesser....theory is not law..any scientist knows this.

You must be very young..to get so emotional without knowing the difference. What ever religon you are on ..you got a full dose...and proud of it. It just doesnt cut any mustard with christians. Or Professional scientists either.

One more thing ..james..ranting and stereotyping does not look intelligent or scientific...it does not support your position ..but to those who know..it makes you look the very same you do to others..insecure..and unscientific.
A knowlegable scientist does not engage in this..it is very unprofessional.

Thanks
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If Science is a religon then Bald is a hair color. In other words, the truth is not a religon, people running around screaming "the sky is falling" say this when they know they are wrong and can't come up with anything else. Which just proves my point, I am right, nothing you have proves me wrong, so instead of attacking the info, you attack me! Like Jakko saying I got beat up or something because he couldn't attack the facts/reality, so he attacked me!

Love ytour post, no meat, no content, just filler as you attack me cause that is all you can attack. Sntx, come back, please have something I can read that is an opposing view, so far you the only one who goes after the facts with facts and not me. Although it may not "prove" your side, it still a good read, like the rib bone can grow back if some of it is removed, something I didn't know. Oh, and in an experiement, went to a Wal-Mart and asked the girl at the counter that due to my religous belief I had to ask if she was on her period before I got to close cause according to the bible women are dirty then and men are to stay away. She glared at me and told me to use another lane, so I did. Just goes to show you can't follow all the rules in the bible nowadays.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
If Science is a religon then Bald is a hair color. In other words, the truth is not a religon, people running around screaming "the sky is falling" say this when they know they are wrong and can't come up with anything else. Which just proves my point, I am right, nothing you have proves me wrong, so instead of attacking the info, you attack me! Like Jakko saying I got beat up or something because he couldn't attack the facts/reality, so he attacked me!

Not really James.
When I read your posts I see something "wrong" in about every sentence you write. I also know that even though it would be very kind of me to spend time replying to every single point, you will not stop making these idiotic statements.
And THIS is why I believe my explanation will not change your mind, you will have to learn how to DISCOVER and UNDERSTAND some things on your own.

Okay one example;
Noah's flood >> "The earth does not have enough water for that."

The bible says God let it rain for an X amount of time, in other words this was not the normal ordinary rain that's part of earth's normal system, this was "extra" water in the form of rain send by God.
At least that is how I understand it.

Of course that will go against all of your "scientific" evidence, but in the end I believe God resurrected Jesus after Jesus'death. Creating some extra water is a piece of cake here.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh that is rich! It was "special" rain? WTF!?! And is the Easter Bunny still on your christmas card list? OMG!!!! You people crack me up! Wow, to think people like you are still around today is funny! "Well, let's see, no, no, well, hmmm, there is no way in hell heaven or Earth for this to have happened..... I know! It was 'special' rain! Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense!" WTF!?! This is what Data would call illogical.

Oh and pleas be kind to create more "special" rain and such for the other points. Did god create "special" sex to curve the eefects of inbreeding? Did god create "special" ignorance so people would believe this BS?

Come on Sntx, I want someone smart to reply! Want someone like the two guys I met who worked for a local Methodist church, they were smart, actually tried to debate with me instead of attacking me or making things up like "special" rain. They even ADMITTED when they couldn't explain something, like the water for the flood or the genetics and ADMITTED that hey, back then they didn't know, but the bible still teaches you the good way to live.

Also, so far no one has commented on the REAL flood that ACTUALLY happened, hmmmm, since it wasn't in the bible must be satan, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And this is exactly why discussion with you is not what people want.
You act like an unrespectfull and most of all ignorant person.

If I read the story of Noah I see a lot of things that make no sense to the average atheist, but so what really?
If you want to explain every single thing from the bible in atheist and scientific ways you're gonna have a real hard time saying anything that makes sense.

Jesus walking on water, Jesus healing people?
At some point even you with your stubborn and rude attitude has to realize that Christians actually believe this God exists, and that this God can perform all kinds of things we as human can not understand logically.
It's called miracles.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Also, so far no one has commented on the REAL flood that ACTUALLY happened, hmmmm, since it wasn't in the bible must be satan, right?

Again a perfect example that shows your inability to discuss anything without being a total jerk about it.
I suggest you stop posting untill you understand how to have a normal discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wait, this from the guy who said I was raped because I think. Tjhis from the guy who said I must have been beaten by somebody because I use science/fact/reality. WTF? So basically your whole arguement is

"Waaaaa!!! I am wrong, but can't let anyone know, Waaaaa!!!!! You wrong because I said so! Waaaaa!!!!! God made special rain! Waaaaa!!!! You wrong because I said so! Waaaaa!!!!!! Bible right because it says so, just like Hitler was right cause he said so, see how our logic works? All you have to do is say you are right because you say so and we believe it! Waaaaa!!!! I don't wanna talk anymore, this thinking is hurting my head, and I have NOTHING to come back with but BS, Waaaa!!!!! Why do people have to use science/reality/facts to prove me wrong?"

You bring nothing but "You are wrong because I have nothing to prove you wrong." You whine that just because I use facts/reality/science doesn't make me right. You cry about me being a jerk when I make fun of people who think "special" rain is an answer. This is why science wins everytime, not that anyone without a brain would notcie cause they got faith! But people who use their brains realize that science/reality/facts make more sense trhen some giant baby raper/mass murderer/serial killer/cult leader.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
hahahaha
;+)
Way to go James.
You know what let's not upset you even more.
Have a great life.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And again, nothing. Man, you people are fun. Prove you to be full of it and poof, you stop lying and just go off and talk about everything but what was posted. Good job avoiding the facts/reality/science.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'd like to make three points.

1. If religion was a science, Christianity would be a theory. In order to test a theory one forms hypotheses. Hypothesis are assumptions made in order to test a theory. Hypothesize that God exists. Now, are the Miracles described in the bible possible under this hypothesis?

Now, the assumption of a hypothesis should be observable. But, unless one seeks God, one will never find Him.

2. Elvis didn't do any drugs. This statement is true. He didn't do any drugs, he abused very specific drugs, prescription drugs.

3. Bald may not be a hair color, but it is a hair style.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
I'd like to make three points.

1. If religion was a science, Christianity would be a theory. In order to test a theory one forms hypotheses. Hypothesis are assumptions made in order to test a theory. Hypothesize that God exists. Now, are the Miracles described in the bible possible under this hypothesis?

Now, the assumption of a hypothesis should be observable. But, unless one seeks God, one will never find Him.

2. Elvis didn't do any drugs. This statement is true. He didn't do any drugs, he abused very specific drugs, prescription drugs.

3. Bald may not be a hair color, but it is a hair style.

Alright, someone who doesn't attack me! And the part about Elvis, there are people who say he NEVER did drugs of any kind, even though there is 100% proof he did use some type of drugs as mentioned. This goes with the christian illogic and why it was used. And bald is a hair style? I guess, some actors use it, or Neo-Nazi people, and with some elders it is not their choice.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Alright, someone who doesn't attack me! And the part about Elvis, there are people who say he NEVER did drugs of any kind, even though there is 100% proof he did use some type of drugs as mentioned. This goes with the christian illogic and why it was used. And bald is a hair style? I guess, some actors use it, or Neo-Nazi people, and with some elders it is not their choice.

Several follow up points:

1. I do not attack you because when you attack a person, it places the person in one of two conditions. Either they will defend or counter attack. Neither is productive in the learning process.

2. Elvis demonstrates the limitation of words used. The way I interpretted what was written made the statement correct. The way you interpretted the words made what was written erroneous.

3. How can the lack of hair be a style of hair? This is rediculous!! See? Some things which seem to contradict each other do not.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
True Raphael, and if I had WATS left I would award you one. You discussed on the things posted instead of attacking me, unlike 1-2 others.

Anyways, Sntx! Where art thou? You proved your point on chapter 2 going into detail and therefor not pissing on chapter 1, and the MEDICAL/SCIENCE evidence that if some bone is taken from a rib the part taken will grow back. You are acting like someone who knows what they are talking about and not someone who knows what they have been "told". Or is there NOTHING on the fact there is not enough water? Well, unless you use special rain, which totally goes against everything that is reality. Still waiting for Jakko to use "special" sex to explain why inbreeding didn't wipe out every animal, including humans, if they all came from 2.

Or why if long hair on a man is a sin, why is Jesus always shown with long hair?

Still nothing on the FACT there were no Jew Slaves in Egypt, and no plagues, at least not in Egypt, and so there was no Moses, no "miracles" or plagues of Egypt.

Or on the nitpicking of rules. You follow the gays are evil rule, but in the same chapter you don't follow the stoning to death of children who act up. Today we use ritalin, back then they used stones and killed them. But if the bible is the word of god, you have to follow ALL the rules, not just the ones you pick and choose. Along with the killing of anyone who works on the sabbath.

Or on Apollonius of Tianna, nothing about him yet. He existed, he was real, he did "miracles", he was persecuted by the romans and crucified, he "rose" from the dead and flew off into heaven. Yet you don't have The Passion of Apollonius, and that it is sad The Life of Brian is more accurate the The Passion of Christ.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just a line to let yall know to cool down the taunts and insults or I will be giving out warns

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You know James there are stories in the bible that are meant to be taken metaphorically and not ones that actually happened. Now have a good day James, I wish you well on your path and hope you make the right decisions in life.

Oh and if you ever meet a croatian never say stuff like this. Just giving you warning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join