It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS Bus Tour on Religon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ok..the bible is false and you are trying to save people from their errors...Wow!!!

Oh by the way...on the subject of saving as I recall from one of your earlier posts...I cant save you ....or condem you ..that is not my job and it is beyond my authority as a Christian. I dont understand "Christians" taking this tack and dont approve of it either..so when you try cart blanche to put all Christians into a little box to push your position you are wrong James.This also means James ..your not going to save anyone either.

Also on a similar topic posted earlier...I am often astonished by the ignorance of my fellow Christians about this buisness of Judging. Christians should judge many things constantly to see if they are according to the Word or not ..if not get away from them. Come out from amongst them and be ye seperate...sayeth the Lord...this requires Judging. Many non believers use this statement about Judge not..to muzzle Christians and many are dumb enough to fall for it..amazing to me.

Something for you to think about James the Lesser..if you are able..
The systems of Government we think of ..and have recorded ...use the term..Liege..Lord..Soverign..or sometimes Your Grace...these are not accidental. It is quite deliberate..and for a reason..
Though this system goes back before Christian times..and rulers having dominion...over others...it took a definite turn in form ...after the time of Jesus Christ...and began to have a Christian appearence...though man were not in fact Christian. My point is that nominally ..at least they seemed wont to appear to be Christian. There appears to be a definite change in time and events as of the crucifixion. Something happened here which is a important historical marker...we even use the time scale..Anno Domini..in the year of our lord and BC for the other end of the scale ...Before Christ. However ...today also because of intelligence wishing to hide this history they are wont to use BCE..before the common era.
Nevertheless there is a attemtp to hide what I just told you .from the public in favor of your viewpoint James the lesser. I can go on with more ..but it would take up alot of space. Lots of people seem wont to post on this topic.
I am thinking you must be very young or you would be able to understand of what I speak. Nothing wrong with youth mind you ..its just that I sense you have not been rounded out much and are very emotional...as a tell tale of youth.
Also James...athiesm is the result of much public schooling today ..both in High school levels and especially colleges ..this is deliberate..not accidental.

Thanks Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh, it is contradicting. It says in the first chapter god made both, then it says god made one, then later made the second one. Do I need to get a dictionary and read to you what BS means? What contradiction means?

Either god made both from the beginning, or he made one, then later the other. But it says in the bible He made both at the same time. Then next chapter he made one, then the other one later when the first one got bored.

Also, no comments on selling daughters into slavery? No comments on women evil when on rag so stay away? Or do you ask the clerk at the grocery store if she is on her rag before you get close? Ask the cop who pulled you over if she is on the rag before she writes you up? Ask your daughter if she is on the rag before she enters the house? If she is, better give her a tent and a sleeping bag so she can sleep in the backyard while being evil.

Riley/AS, don't touch the glass, fingerprint smudges are hard to clean off after a whole day of people touching.

Edit: Elvis didn't do any drugs.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't think James is emotional, I think James is hysterical to the point where it is hard to even understand what his point is.
If one part of the bible tells us God created humans on day X and later on the bible explains how this worked, and James sees a contradiction in that, then where can I start to explain to him he is not getting it?

The bible is huge, and even if I would succeed in making James aware of his own confusion regarding Creation (which is highly unlikely) then the thread will just turn into another list of things James does not understand and uses to Bash christianity and the bible.

And since the bible is huge, there are a LOT of things for James to misunderstand.

As I said, I don't mind a good discussion about religion, but I think James is unable to do this.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, it is contradicting. It says in the first chapter god made both, then it says god made one, then later made the second one. Do I need to get a dictionary and read to you what BS means? What contradiction means?

Apparently you do need to get the dictionary out. When you are done with that you might want to do some reading about logical fallacies.

Also, no comments on selling daughters into slavery? No comments on women evil when on rag so stay away?

I thought it would be best to start with something simple. If you can't get past something as plain and easy as the first 2 chapters of Genesis I don't see a reason to go on to more complex subjects. A foundation to understanding is important to build upon if you don't want your reasoning to fall like a house of cards.

Steve

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"I thought it would be best to start with something simple. If you can't get past something as plain and easy as the first 2 chapters of Genesis I don't see a reason to go on to more complex subjects. A foundation to understanding is important to build upon if you don't want your reasoning to fall like a house of cards."

Uh, the BIBLE says god made A&E at same time, then next chapter he made one, then made the other after Adam got bored. Having a hard time understanding?

Also, I like that, you proven to be wrong, so you won't discuss anymore. How sad is that? "Waaa!!!! So the bible pisses on itself in the first two chapters, WAAA!!!"

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
james are you a believer in the Word...in Jesus Christ??

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I did not even have to read your post totally and understand what you are saying....The bible is just one big story made by man, copied from others, and just one big hoax.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Uh, the BIBLE says god made A&E at same time, then next chapter he made one, then made the other after Adam got bored. Having a hard time understanding?

The only detail in regards to timing given in chapter one is that the creation of Adam and Eve took place on the 6th day.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
Gen 1:26-31

You are attributing details to the text that simply are not there. The details are in chapter 2 and do not contradict anything written in chapter 1. Who is having a hard time understanding?

Also, I like that, you proven to be wrong, so you won't discuss anymore. How sad is that? "Waaa!!!! So the bible pisses on itself in the first two chapters, WAAA!!!"

The only thing you have proven is your lack of comprehension. Once again you failed to grasp the logic in my statement. I will rephrase it as a question. I know you have the ability to understand it. As a brother, descended from the same great grandparents, I have faith in you. Try reading it one more time slowly and carefully.

If you can't get past something as plain and easy as the first 2 chapters of Genesis why should we go on to more complex subjects?

Steve

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was being facetious in my post when I asked you if you are a believer.

Obviously you are not ..which brings me to my point. You of all people should know that the Bible is written to believers...not to non believers. Why would you ever think you are going to understand what it says??

I will take time to explain something to you about certain kinds of text not known by many people. A fellow Christian will understand perfectly of what I speak.
There are certain texts existant in this world..for which one needs the right spirit to read and understand. I have lucerferian texts in my private library and I know one thing instinctively. One who is a Christian and a believer cannot read them for long. They disturb greatly ..something that lives in a believer. One must be of the spirit of Lucifer to read them a long time.
The same is true of the Word of God...a non believer cannot read it for long nor understand it. This is obvious by your posts. It is designed to have this effect on you James the Lesser. Until or if you are ever awakened to another spirit...you will never understand it ..it is that simple. It is not written in code..it is spiritually discerned..and you are not of the correct spirit. You can rant and rave all you want ..it wont help you ...I know this because I used to think exactly as do you . No different ..

Your post about slavery ..is typical of non believers..especially those with no grasp of history. Also someone correctly posted the answer to you .
Keep trying James..we have hope for you yet and will pray the Lord opens your eyes in process of time...

Thanks Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh, so unless I sell myself into slavery I can't comment on slavery and how it is wrong? Since I don't go out and slaughter the masses I can't comment on Bush&Co? Since I don't lie to the world so I can invade nations for oil I can't comment on Bush&Co? Since I don't go out raping little boys I can't comment on the church? Since I don't go out and tell people they are going to hell for not giving the local priest a bj I can't comment on the church?

The bible says Adam and Eve made on same day, then says that Adam was made first and only after Adam got bored was Eve made from a rib of Adam. But Men/Women have same amount of ribs, so wrong, and wrong because they bible says so. It says they were made on same day in C1, but in C2 it says different days, wtf?

Also, still nothing on selling daughters into slavery, or making them sleep in the backyard if on their period. And there is so much more, you are just commenting on things I talk about after my insanely long post.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This one is for the Christians in the room but also for you James the lesser and other unbelievers..if they can handle it.

I have had the opportunity to speak with two knowlegable Luciferians in my life. I have spoken with more but these two were particularly knowlegable verses the rest.
I began to ask them questions about this pattern of which I speak ..the Luciferian pattern of religion and certain things about the way it operates.
In the course of my questions I was able to get them to admit that it is a system of control and dicipline often passing itself off as holy but appearing to the unaware that it was in fact Christian. Both men eventually admitted that it was a counterfit system ..as it is often used to decieve and seduce men and not actually enlighten them.
The kicker came with both of them...when I asked them the name of the counterfit god. "Give me the name of the counterfitter?" The look in thier eyes when they realized that I knew. Both of them said to me .." I cannot do that ..I have taken a oath"
Now that is a strange thing to behold...very strange ...they cannot give me the name of thier god.
Do not ever try this thing in your strength...ever..It must be done in the Spirit of the Lord Jesus the Christ for remission of sins.

It is a very strange thing to find that they cannot give you the name of thier god!!! Very strange.

If you are able ..James the Lesser ..think about exactly what I just said.
But I do not think you able.

Thanks to all..
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
James,

You just reminded me of the ridiculous rib argument. Here is a portion of a pertinent, and to me anyway, quite inspirational artical by Dr Carl Wieland:

ADAM AND THAT ‘MISSING’ RIB

A head-on impact with a fully laden fuel tanker at highway speeds is an experience I would hope for none to share. The surprise was to have survived it—God clearly had other plans for me.

During the 5½ months in the hospital, and for years afterwards, I had a series of operations to reconstruct various parts of me, particularly the bones of my face.

These operations often required using my own bone for grafting. I noticed that the plastic surgeon would keep going back to the right side of my ribcage (through the same horizontal scar, actually), to get more bone for these procedures. One day, I asked him why he hadn’t ‘run out of bone.’ He looked at me blankly, and then explained that he and his team took the whole rib out each time. ‘We leave the periosteum intact, so the rib usually just grows right back again.’

Despite having trained and practiced as a family doctor, I was intrigued; I had never realized this before. The periosteum (the literal meaning of this word is ‘around the bone’) is a membrane that covers every bone—it’s the reason you can get things stuck between your teeth while gnawing on a leg of lamb, for instance. The periosteum contains cells that can manufacture new bone. Particularly in young people, ‘rib periosteum has a remarkable ability to regenerate bone, perhaps more so than any other bone.’

Thoracic (chest) surgeons routinely remove ribs, and these often grow back, in whole or in part. A lot depends on the care with which the rib is removed; it needs to be ‘peeled’ out of its periosteum to leave this membrane as intact as possible. A major reason why the rib is the ideal situation for such regeneration is that the attached intercostal muscles provide it with a good blood supply.

When the surgeon originally told me this, my immediate thought was—‘Wow, that’s really neat. Adam didn’t have to walk around with a defect!’ In Genesis 2:21, referring to the creation of Eve, we read:

‘And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept. And He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh underneath.’

Surprisingly, some have grown up believing that men have one less rib than women. They have the same number, of course. Some anticreationists have used the fact that men don’t have any missing ribs today to mock a literal Genesis.

For years before my accident, when asked about this, I would give a reply something like: ‘If your father had lost his finger in a circular saw, would you really expect all his children to have one less finger, too? Or all of his sons, but not his daughters? Of course not. The DNA instructions that are passed on from parent to child are in the form of a code, like writing—removing a rib (or finger) would not change the instructions on the code, so all the offspring would have all their ribs (or fingers).’

While all that is still very true and pertinent, this information about rib regrowth adds a new and fascinating dimension. God designed the rib, along with the periosteum. He would certainly have known how to remove the rib in such a way that it would later grow back, just as ribs still do
today—without requiring any sort of special miracle.

Adam would not have had any permanent area of weakness in his ribcage, but would have had, for all of the hundreds of years of his life, the same number of ribs that you and I have today.

Steve

[edit on 4/24/0505 by sntx]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
James,
I'm not stuck in a time warp. I havent ever owned any slaves ..nor did anyone in my family. What would ever possess you to think I am responsible for any of that.??
If you are concerned with slavery .go to the Sudan..its still going on in places like that. But then a sage person like you already knows this.

As to the rest of this ..read my two previous posts.

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So a little bit of bone grows back compared to an entire bone, different things. Like saying "Well, since a fingernail grows after I cut it short, if I cut my arm off it will grow back." Different things in effect here. Although that is an interesting medical thing. That they some of a rib bone because it will grow that tiny bit back. Now if they had just removed the whole rib and it grew back you would have a case, but back to the fingernails, it isn't a miracle the fingernail grows back, but if you cut the entire arm off, different thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You might want to try reading more carefully. The article states that the whole rib can and does grow back as long as it is removed carefully. One of the points of the article is that no miracle is necessary in order for this to happen. It is a natural process designed for us by a loving creator.

edit to add: Kudos for actually reading it though!

Steve

[edit on 4/24/0505 by sntx]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey, you read mine, I read yours, vice versa, whatever. Not much of a debate if no one reads the other sides arguement.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So.... nothing still on selling daughters into slavery and women evil when on period so stay away? Or anything else? Like Noah being complete BS for not enough water to cover the whole Earth, and the genetics would kill everything after inbreeding, same with Adam and Eve, or that Adam had a "First Wife" that was the enemy of god for some reason?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So.... nothing still on selling daughters into slavery and women evil when on period so stay away? Or anything else? Like Noah being complete BS for not enough water to cover the whole Earth, and the genetics would kill everything after inbreeding, same with Adam and Eve, or that Adam had a "First Wife" that was the enemy of god for some reason?

Well unless you actually respond to the things people say, I am not sure wether people will want to respond to you.
It's clear to everyone here that you are wrong, but somehow people really don't feel like having a conversation with you.

I wonder why...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If I am wrong then the bible is wrong, for it came out of the bible! So you are saying the bible is wrong? God is wrong? Or are you admitting the bible is BS? Made by man to control the masses? Well, either Bible BS or God is wrong, for those came out of the bible and you say it is wrong. Just like you say the bible is wrong when the BIBLE says Adam and Eve made on same day in one chapter, but made on different days in the next. So, either bible is wrong or god is wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Or option 3: James is wrong. ;+)

Did you ever consider the idea that maybe you do not fully understand the bible yet James?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join