It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabs are now realising they are in deep trouble

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Like me saying all black ppl are uneducated lower class all Americans are up themself and dont care about anything but themself.

If you're saying these things hypathetically, you obviously think them to be true in some way, but either repress your stereotyping like most try and do, or just don't have the courage to say those are your beliefs. Everybody is rascist in one way or another, everybody dislikes another group in one way or another. It's just good old human nature, I love how so many pretend to be above it, when it's clear as day they're not.

Muslim ppl are also some of the best in theortical Science.

Ahh, so somebody's religion somehow is passed through DNA and passes the gene of theoretical science superiority? Who is stereotyping here?

Muslims as a whole are a friendly non violent race

Muslims are not a race but a religion. Americans are not a race but a nationality. We are all one race, humans. Until EVERYBODY on ALL SIDES realizes this, there will never be peace on earth, or the end of racism.
[edit on 22-4-2005 by 27jd]

Sorry meant to say relgion not race was typing to fast.

devilwasp is correct i didnt say they are all great i said they have some of the best currently in the field .....You twisted the words.

I use them as an example so i must believe in them.......Well that really screwed up way of thinking things. Can one person not say these things to show another person racial fualts?

I live in a Scottish city where i have grown up with Black/white asian and Arib ppl i do not see there skin colour nor do i see there language or the way they talk an issue in this day and age you have to be tollerant to one and another. Colour and where ppl come from are only a problem if someone makes it a problem.

At my University there lots of nationalities all learning the same subjects working together. One of the reasons i choice to study their as it is a internation university.

Out of pure intrest you just guessed i was white but i could of been black so your point would of been invalid.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

rac·ism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

That's how the dictionary defines it. Opinion or point of view only serves to justify or negate racism within ones self.

The dictionary was wrote by someone and then copied and copied again each time it was open to interpretations.
Read the dictionary and look up "black" or "white" both are shocking when you think about them in actual context of races.

If he had said "the current ones are good scientists", then your statement would be true, but he didn't specify either way, you said you think that's what he was pointing out, I thought something else, so neither statement is true or false. Right?

Nethier statement is right because we interprepted it diffrently, its quite funny isnt it.

Just telling it like it is brother!

lol go ahead!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Sorry meant to say relgion not race was typing to fast.

Didn't mean to be knit-picky.

You twisted the words.

No I didn't, you clearly didn't specify.

I use them as an example so i must believe in them.......Well that really screwed up way of thinking things. Can one person not say these things to show another person racial fualts?

If you had the idea in your head that blacks are uneducated or that Americans are up ourselves, whether using it as an example or not, you think those things, either because others have put the idea in your head, or you yourself did. I don't know if you believe them or not, I'm not you.

I live in a Scottish city where i have grown up with Black/white asian and Arib ppl i do not see there skin colour nor do i see there language or the way they talk an issue in this day and age you have to be tollerant to one and another. Colour and where ppl come from are only a problem if someone makes it a problem.

I live in a big American city, so I also have grown up with all of the above and more. I am tolerant, but I also see that whenever a black or white person gets angry with somebody of a different race, that's the first thing they go after.

Out of pure intrest you just guessed i was white but i could of been black so your point would of been invalid.

When did I say I guessed you were white? I have met blacks that were more racist against their own kind than whites, racism does not have to be against the opposite.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can we please calm here people....I sense this getting more agrivated by the post....

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
fair enough then i am sorry about any rants.

Racial examples do not have to be a thought nor believed in to give as an example. I must of heard them or think them....Well racial views are all around you especially if the BNP are around......Your taught in schools about racial views so you dont have to go far to get the examples.

They are eaasy enought to think up yourself if you want to enter the mind set of a racial thug........but anything i have mentioned are main steam racial/stereotypical ideas or examples however you want to put it.

Yes when to different nationality/colour argue quite probablethey will do the racial jib. But this is just a reflex to pick at someone weakness like someone calling you fat, stupid or dumb.....I know it is worse to do the racial things but if they are friends then they probably have done racial stuff against each other it is rasism yes but if each is doing it as a joke and no other is hearing or geting hurt then this is not as big a problem as a person going all Arib countries are going to be third world because they are selffish and only care about them self and screw everyone else.

All of that could be implied to factions within any country (I am not say everyone in any country is selfish i am just pointing out that their maybe a few)

All black, white, arab, Asian have a percentage of uneducated/ poor people its the way this sad world works rich get richer the poor get poorer.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
To say that the middle east hasn't done anything good in 700 years or for however long you wish to call it it is nuts.

How about keeping the light of love and hope alive while the western world was going thru the dark ages? They were expanding universities at the same time we were burning books in the name of god, not to mention burning people for the same reason.

The middle east is now going thru its own version of the dark ages, where religion rules and tyranny is the result. Not to mention the need to spread religion to all the world and some how save it.

The middle east kept the light alive when we were bathed in the ignorance of religious rule. It seems to me that we should at least be willing to do the same for them.

Personally, i believe it's a debt we owe them.

This is just my humble opinion.

Love and light,

Wupy

Your statement is probably one of the best posts Ive read in ATS since Ive joined. Unfortunately, we can't afford to wait to see if Islam will have a transformation. We're running outta time!! 700 years ago, a handful of radical Christians were not cabable of killing thousands, but in this day and age, several Islamic suicide bombers with WMD can take out entire cities.....the stakes are much larger and the times far more dangerous.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Can we please calm here people....I sense this getting more agrivated by the post....

Hey, DW, I sense a burning desire to be elevated to the hallowed halls of Modship..... You seem very level headed today, not getting drawn in...

Hang on....your not DW! You an evil imposter! Where's the fiery little scotsman we all know and love? What have ye done with him, swine?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Your statement is probably one of the best posts Ive read in ATS since Ive joined. Unfortunately, we can't afford to wait to see if Islam will have a transformation. We're running outta time!! 700 years ago, a handful of radical Christians were not cabable of killing thousands, but in this day and age, several Islamic suicide bombers with WMD can take out entire cities.....the stakes are much larger and the times far more dangerous.

The stakes are no higher , suicide bombers with WMD is a bad scenario but frankly with the level of security we have any major orginised threat would be discovered, also several suicide bombers cant do too much damage.

Originally posted by stumason
Hey, DW, I sense a burning desire to be elevated to the hallowed halls of Modship..... You seem very level headed today, not getting drawn in...

Yeah every once in a while I get like this....I find it very relaxing...
But looking up my angel stuff today has kinda made me feel.....good and the fact gettgin accepted unconditionally into a colledge straight at the interview might have something to do with it....
Add to the fact that daystar is now a mod and I'm not, that means he has more power than me.......in the words of the great "sarge" from RVB..."thats just not on."

Hang on....your not DW! You an evil imposter! Where's the fiery little scotsman we all know and love? What have ye done with him, swine?

***Looks shifty**
"Oh god!" **points in oposite direction "would you look at that!...distraction!" **knocks out stu with M9 berretta with knock out dart then drags body away and hides in cupboard and sneaks away with bandana tied around head***

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Maximu§

Someone been watching to much 24 i think

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If it weren't for muslims the church would still be in power and we wouldn't be talking online, for science would still be satan and punishable by death. America would probably still be unkown for the earth is flat, can't go sailing out there, you will fall off, so NA is never found. Middle age would still be 12-13 years of age. Yes, those darn muslims giving us nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Someone been watching to much 24 i think

Probably, but thats the way he is anyway. He cry's with joy when he overhears his son expressing a wish to kill Chinamen or Arabs...

Ignoring the fact that smuggling weapons like that around the globe is extremely hard to do, and if they did try it, the satelites and monitoring systems in place would pick up their signature fairly easily.

The only thing one should concern yourself with is homegrown bio/chem weapons or conventional exposives. Which again,in all likelyhood, won't ever happen to you and the chances are so minute that getting worked up over it will probably kill you quicker.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Nygdan says:

”(quoting LA Maximus) their [sic] selfish people who only think of themselves. It reads as racist, infact [sic] it is racist, and racism gets warns.”

Rubbish.

It is no more "racist" than the man in the moon. It’s pretty obvious that Maximus is attacking the Arabs because of their culture, not their DNA. I personally think Max is incorrect, but hardly racist.

And my background includes going to college in Phoenix with many middle easterners, as well as living and working nine months in King Khalid Military City. We were carefully trained not to say anything against what we may have considered sickening aspects of their culture, especially in regard to women and non-Muslims, for we were their "guests".

Yet, when they were here in my country, they had no compunction about calling American women "whores" because they didn't approve of the way our women dressed.

So much of the concept of considering oneself as a "guest" in another's country!

And I found this hideous chauvinism, insisting that we respected their culture while they trashed ours in return, to be the norm for the people I worked with, which included Saudis, Kuwaitis, and citizens of the Emirates.

The Syrians, Iraqis, and Egyptians, in their day, built civilizations that have lasted through millennia; the Saudis, on the other hand, are nothing but malevolent hicks whose only claims to fame were that they happened to be living at Muslim holy places and on top of large amounts of oil.

Their DNA is the same as that of the Iraqis, Syrians, and probably the Egyptians; so even Nygdan couldn't consider such an analysis racist. Are we then constrained from attacking their culture because it's "culturalist"?

I had thought that ATS put denying ignorance above out-of-control guilt-ridden political correctness; perhaps I should re-evaluate that belief.

Jadette says:

”You don't think generalizing is racist?”

Of course not, Jadette! Racism is the belief that your race is better than mine. If I said “all colored people were lazy” or “all Mexicans were thieves”, that could be construed as racist, but if I said “all girls were featherbrained” or “all Catholics are idolaters” it wouldn’t be racist, just stupid.

Besides, if it were, then EastCoast Kid would get a warn for saying:

” When are we in the west going to realize that not everyone on planet earth thinks our way of life is the best? It's pure unadulterated ignorance to assume such.”

and

” It's ridiculous. If some of you bashing them had the slightest clue of that, you'd realize how dumb and fanatical YOU sound. Way to keep that UGLY AMERICAN syndrome alive.

But his comments aren’t racist either. Stupid, in my opinion, but not racist.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Fine then off street if racism isnt what you believe it is how about this?
LA deliberately designed that message with an aim to get a response a very negative one.
He also designed it to be insulting, rude and very malicios.....tell me would you prefer us to not have rules and regs? If so lets discuss that further shall we?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
hey may hate America for invasion of Iraq and supporting Israel but they aint joining Al Qaeda's jihad enmasse.

it is hard to define that as truth because only five agencies know whether that is true or not. if they are not joining al qaeda than they may be starting a new one or lone staring it.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
As I have said before, there is no "good" or "bad" esspecially in religion...its interpretation and opinion...

That is so wrong.

To avoid the one-line response penalty, I shall elaborate.

You sound like the Emperor from Star Wars talking to Luke Skywalker.

There have been religions that baked children in clay pots. There have been religions that kill unbelievers (oops, I used the past tense).

Things like that are bad. Sure its just my opinion. But you know in your heart that I am right.

There are good things in religion. Like chanting non-words a capella. Very beautiful.

Life is often about absolute zeros and absolute ones (ask any computer).

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by devilwasp
As I have said before, there is no "good" or "bad" esspecially in religion...its interpretation and opinion...

That is so wrong.

To avoid the one-line response penalty, I shall elaborate.

You sound like the Emperor from Star Wars talking to Luke Skywalker.

There have been religions that baked children in clay pots. There have been religions that kill unbelievers (oops, I used the past tense).

Things like that are bad. Sure its just my opinion. But you know in your heart that I am right.

There are good things in religion. Like chanting non-words a capella. Very beautiful.

Life is often about absolute zeros and absolute ones (ask any computer).

Yes but what devilwasp meant i believe is that religion as a whole has no good nor evil as it is devine.......Only the people who use it for their own goals and general genocide are bad/good....Good as in the way they see it not as in genocide is good(Their perception).......It is not religion that is the evil its the people who preach the evil that are to blame.

Correct me if i am wrong devilwasp

And computers can do decimal its always inbetween the lines you got to look at. Plus they also use hex but anyways get enough of that crap at uni

[edit on 22-4-2005 by minority2000uk]

[edit on 22-4-2005 by minority2000uk]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
In the last 700 years, Islam has produced nothing....nothing but suicide bombers, dictatorships and Al Jazeera. Their crooked leaders never invested in EDUCATING their large populations and giving them honest jobs, instead they took whatever "booty" they could get their hands on and lived-large, while the masses struggled in poverty.

Look at Japan, its has a small landmass and no natural resources, but their economy is a powerhouse in the world, because they invested in their peoples educations and put them to work.

Another thing that must trouble Arabs, is the large numbers of Catholics that showed up to the Papa Popes funeral...it can't be comforting to a radical Muslim to see millions of Catholics that are waking up and looking around....The German Pope was chosen specifically to bring the Godless Europeans back to the church, before its too late!!

Arabs are in deep trouble and I hope they can seize the chance America has given them...to make Iraq and Afghanistan decent places for kids to grow up in and make a better life. If America fails now, the world will enter a Dark Age like none we have ever seen.....

Max

You have voted LA_Maximus for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Very well put.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
On this message board you can't criticise anyone except Americans without getting some huge backlash.

If you are allowed to call Americans selfish I damn well should be able to call Muslims, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese, blacks, whites and purples selfish.

This is complete BS.

You have voted LA_Maximus for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

You think "American" is a Race? You think "American" is a religion? And your vote supports a racist view, which would suggest to us all that you are also racist.

Target the nations not the race. How stupid can your post be?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When an American visiting and traveling in an Arabian country, he or she have to watch what they say about the certain aspects of the Arabian/Islamic culture that one might find repulsive or shocking. Results: Freedom of speech is very limited, thought is controlled by "sensitivity indoctrination" and attitude/behavior is thoroughly scrutinized by the Arabic hosts.

When an Arab visiting and traveling in the United States, he is free to do anything, anything to say freely and have no cultural or prejudicial restraints with respect to Western cultures and values due to the tolerance of free speech and a relaxed democratic atmosphere. His free speech, behavior/attitude and thought are anything goes.

Which country you wanted to live? Think about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
When an American visiting and traveling in an Arabian country, he or she have to watch what they say about the certain aspects of the Arabian/Islamic culture that one might find repulsive or shocking. Results: Freedom of speech is very limited, thought is controlled by "sensitivity indoctrination" and attitude/behavior is thoroughly scrutinized by the Arabic hosts.

When an Arab visiting and traveling in the United States, he is free to do anything, anything to say freely and have no cultural or prejudicial restraints with respect to Western cultures and values due to the tolerance of free speech and a relaxed democratic atmosphere. His free speech, behavior/attitude and thought are anything goes.

Which country you wanted to live? Think about that.

You have voted the_oleneo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Just seeking a level playing field here.

It seems like we have a lot of people twisting themselves into logical pretzels to try and prove how politically correct and enlightened they are. One person (devilwasp) even naively posted that several terrorist attacks wouldn't be too bad. Can't get much more elitist in your views than that (what if the victim was you or someone in your family?). But while you're holding that pose, some (fill in the name of the group) extremist comes up and cuts off your heads - as a way of thanking you and acknowledging your wisdom, no doubt.

[edit on 4/23/2005 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join