It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Displacement Engine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I had an idea and would like to debate this with some of our members. I sleeping one night and had a very interesting dream, this dream showed me an engine the size of small printer but could produce tons and tons of energy. Here me out before evaluating my claim.

When the world rotates, we are subject to the gravity. This force keeps us limited to true flight. Now what if gravity isnt what we think it is? What if gravity is like when you are seated in something spinning really fast, the force is what is keeping you on it. In otherwords, there is no secret magnetic force keeping us on this planet.

So, if this were true and the planet is spinning extremely fast, if we were to pull away from it, we can watch it rotate under us. The idea I had was not to make an engine that creates thrust, but to make an engine that will keep us in place while the earth rotates under us. For example:

We hover to a high point, maybe 30,000 feet and then we activate the engine, the engine creates a counter effect pulling us away from the spinning force. We will stay completely still in the air while the earth rotates under us. So for instance if the planet rotates around 27,000 mph, we would appear to someone still on earth traveling at great speeds. In reality, we are not in motion.
What do you think?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
umm first off the earth rotation isent nearly 27,000 ( what with that number anyway? everone uses it?) the earth rotates at about 1080 mph give or take a few mph. On the other hand it orbites the sun at 64,000 mph . and the soler system its self is moving through the galaxy at get this 120,000 mph .Thats some clip hu?
the galaxy is moving at 250,000 mph or so .
so if you could stop your self in realation to the galaxy everthing would be moving around you at 250,000 minum .
Of corse even if it is possible to stop reltive to earths spin ,rotation around the sun, the soler systemor even the galaxy the energy needed to stop is still the same .
ps a ship in space orbiting the earth goes around the earth in 90 minits the earth being 24,000 miles in total means the ships speed realtive to earth is around 18 or 19,000 mph . but this is more of an effect then because the ship is realy going that fast .If it could we wouldent be talking about going to mars we BE there .

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sounds familiar, I think I read a sci-fi story that had such engines in operation. I like the idea of gravity not being a magnetic force but simply a manifestation of being on a fast moving globe...very interesting and unique to me at least...gotta think a bit more on it.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
nope sorry thank you drive though.............

problem 1 its called air...... you would be pulled along with the air.

problem 2 its called go into orbit farther you are out the less pull the earth has so it will spin faster then you go around it.

problem 3 it would make no energy at all just take energy. how much energy do you think it takes to hover at 30,000 feet.

problem 4 gravity has nothing to do with magnetics

problem 5 your best bet for free energy is geo thermal or heat scavaging with TEC's, solor, wind, tide, bio fuels.

now if you really wanted to hover at 30,000 feet get a hot air ballon there you go you just made your idea guess what you will traval at around 100-150 miles a hour if your in the jet stream but other then that no faster. Not to mention you have no control over flight at all.

Really all you are describing is a repulser lift from the movie starwars. if you really want a repulser just make a floor out of all north magenets then make a cart with big electro magnet on it and magenticly sheild the top. there you go it will look like its levitating. Or you could make a Ion wind motor to make it look like your hovering but they still don't have enough power coming out of them.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, I thank you all for your input. I was thinking about free clean energy source. We use a very violent process to create thrust. I was thinking instead of creating thrust, why not find a way to remain still and let the planet spin under us. If the earth is spinning at a near 1080mph, this would not work. We can't fly at high speeds because gravity would kill us, but instead of using thrust and g-forces, why not sit still and let the planet pass under us. We would have no toxic wastes from trying to attempt thrust using fossil fuel.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
L. Ron Hubbards "Battlefield earth" uses this type of engine.

one of the biggest problems is dealing with the acceleration of going from a near stop, to 1000+mph in a split second. Air friction, which is a big problem for hyper sonic aircraft.

Nothing worse then flipping a switch, turning your self into wall texture, and then your craft disitergrating around you before the engine cuts out a few seconds later.

apc

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You can already do this.. just fly up, turn west, and kick on the afterburner.

Thing is, when you jump up off the ground, you dont slow down very quickly. I dont know for a fact, but I doubt any deceleration would even be measurable. You would have to use thrust of some sort to slow yourself relative to the imaginary fixed point at the center. Then you would have to somehow shield yourself from all the air, water droplets, chemplanes (ar), and everything else going a faster than mach 3 compared to you.

It's easier just to strap yourself to a rocket, fly into space, and drop back down on your target using the Earths movement to give you a transhemispheric travel time of 30min or so.

new topics

top topics

join