It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. forces rape, abuse and torture female Iraqi detainees - Including a woman in her 70's!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Skippy your links do nothing to help your case, that link is 2 years old...
Is the world still liveing in 2003?
Also racist is so easy to pin on someone who disagree's with you, mabye it might improve your position if you didnt resort to personal insults.
Also, might I add the UK citizens alone gathered over a million in cash. That's in pounds BTW...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Is the world still liveing in 2003?

Well, to address this as a professional who deal with statistics and census information. These types of reports are generally not done on an annual basis but rather compiled every few years such as 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years. This does not mean the number's aren't being recorded just that the published report is made on an interval comprising 1 or more years data. This is largely due to the time it takes to compile and the cost of publication.

So, his link may be from a 2003 report but it could be that its the latest offical compilation of said figures. Now, that does not mean annual figures aren't available only that they aren't compliled into general report annually.

Much like our Census which does the actual tally on a 10 year basis and from field research, gives us projections every 2 years on things such as population, education, income, and wages. We work officially from the actual data but can plan and estimate with their projections.

It seems everyday, I get another CD with expanded data such as workforce, occupational data and various things they extrapolate from the original census and usually these are comprehensive of about 30 years.

This is likely the kind of report refered to and why it is from 2003. Thats actually pretty recent data in the scope of the whole thing. Factor in tsunami aid and I'd say this year would blow those numbers away.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

But somehow all you racist USA hate mongers ignore all that. You are bitter with your hatred of Americans and you will never see anything different. I am just happy that my kids will grow up being more tolerant of other people in this world. They wont learn that type of racist hatred from me.

What racist hatred? Are Americans a race of people? I think not. They are people from a country, a country which in many people's eyes (rightly or wrongly) is the cause of a lot of the problems in the world. Most of the people here realise that America is not to blame for all the world's problems but they also realise that there is a lot of things that America has done that have not helped the world.
To close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears and scream 'RACISTSRACISTSRACISTS...',
(a) only furthers the stereotyping that you seem to be so angry about (ignorant, arrogant, jingoistic etcetera...) and,
(b) doesn't help the thread in anyway and contributes to the overall 'us against them' tone of a lot of the 'discussion' that goes on here.

As for the foreign aid business....

Link

This link might be biased or whatever it is also quite old (2003) but it does contain some interesting things that are still relevant.

As the previous link said a large percentage of aid goes to politicaly beneficial recipients.

Another Link

Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget, even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes.

This, admittedly, is government aid.

Yet another Link

This is a continuation of the idea from the first link, American foreign aid is used as a political tool.

Please don't take any of this as hate mongering or racism, it isn't, it's demonstrating why people have a distrust of certain American politicians (specifically Mr. Bush).

As for the actual topic of this thread.

If what Al Jazeera reported is true it is shocking and the people who did it should be punished to the full extent of possibility.
BUT
If it isn't then there is no problem, we already knew that Al Jazeera were masters at story-fabrication.

However, to close your eyes to the possibility of American or any other troops doing wrong is foolish to say the least.

[edit on 27/4/05 by cmdrpaddy]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This is very distressing, how can people trust the our troops when acts like this are committed is just very, very distressing.

Perhaps this one of the reason our troops are so targeted in Iraq.

The only way you can so readily believe the obvious propaganda from sites like al-jazeera is if you WANT to believe it. Come on, you didn't seem to even stop to question ("defy ignorance") the facts in this story before posting how very distressing it is to you. You've said before that your husband is/was in the military. Did he tell you that this is what is going on over there? Does he know you post things like this? Have to wonder what he would say?

[edit on 4/27/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Well, to address this as a professional who deal with statistics and census information. These types of reports are generally not done on an annual basis but rather compiled every few years such as 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years. This does not mean the number's aren't being recorded just that the published report is made on an interval comprising 1 or more years data. This is largely due to the time it takes to compile and the cost of publication.

So, his link may be from a 2003 report but it could be that its the latest offical compilation of said figures. Now, that does not mean annual figures aren't available only that they aren't compliled into general report annually.

Much like our Census which does the actual tally on a 10 year basis and from field research, gives us projections every 2 years on things such as population, education, income, and wages. We work officially from the actual data but can plan and estimate with their projections.

It seems everyday, I get another CD with expanded data such as workforce, occupational data and various things they extrapolate from the original census and usually these are comprehensive of about 30 years.

This is likely the kind of report refered to and why it is from 2003. Thats actually pretty recent data in the scope of the whole thing. Factor in tsunami aid and I'd say this year would blow those numbers away.

Yes the link may be 2 years old and yes the data may be close to up to date but I doubt its less than 1 year out of date.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join