It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore Drops Eurofigther From Bid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In a simulation, for every 1 Su-35 lost, 1.3 Eagles were lost, all these considering BVR combat and equal pilot training, and the AESA radar, and also, the Su-30 is a step ahead from the Su-35 and Su-37.

Can I get a link on that, I know that the F-15 in a simulator without the AESA radar did poorly but I don't think they tested the AESA version.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Maybe I was wrong, I read that article many times, I remember I saw AESA somewhere in there, or maybe I was wrong. Either way, even without the AESA radar, the detection range for the old radar was still twice the range of the AMRAAM, so even with the AESA radar and your detection range thrice the range of the AMRAAM's maximum range, you will still not get to launch your missles earlier, so the Su-30 will probably still have first shot advantage. But,with the F-22, all that will change, and the US will have aerial superiority over Russian designs again.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
By that time they will have take note of JSF and F-22 capabilities, and build their PAK-FA to counter the US fighters

[edit on 24-4-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The PAK-FA won't make in dent in the air superiority that the F-22 Raptor will have. Why? Production numbers on the PAK-FA will far fewer than those slated for the F-22.

As for the 'why' Singapore dropped the Typhoon. Apparently it is because the Typhoon did not meet the air-to-ground capabilities that Singapore required. I did run across this article mentioning:

The Eurofighter consortium is considering resubmitting a bid to provide Singapore with combat aircraft, in spite of the Asian government's decision yesterday to drop the company's Typhoon fighter from the selection process.

Singapore's defence ministry said the Typhoon had been dropped because it could not meet the schedule of the state's air force. But the consortium, comprising BAE Systems, EADS and Finmeccanica, was holding discussions yesterday on whether to make a new bid.

Eurofighter considers new bid for Singapore contract

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
In a simulation, for every 1 Su-35 lost, 1.3 Eagles were lost, all these considering BVR combat and equal pilot training, and the AESA radar, and also, the Su-30 is a step ahead from the Su-35 and Su-37.

If you mean the DERA study (all against Su-35), than the plane with 1.3 ratio was F-15C without AESA. In fact the F-15F (teoretical single seat F-15E version) was beter in this simulation (60%efectivity) only Eurofighter and F-22 were better.
However people must remeber that this simulation was made during mid nineties and both "sides" made significant achievements (russian ramjet Adder and US proposed ERAAM ramjet misille.

Besides if no such long range misille is developed than the F-15 could be configured to use EU Meteors.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Singapore is getting the APG-63V3 AESA version.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join