It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to know everything there is ont he Philosopher's Stone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
DH;

I once had a 33rd Mason who "adopted' me and he showed me where to look and what to look for, and it is not really a stone, and those who 'know" would go to their death rather than to impart wisdom to a non-initiate, plus other sources of whom came to me.
So, find thyself a teacher whom you can/may trust and doors will be opened to you once your worthiness is discerned.
I have no idea where you are on the path, but your bodily chakras or vortices must be opened.
I love your writings I have seen so far...if I can be of any aid U2U me..

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The philosophers stone isn't anything in particular. Its a sort of 'black box' that differetn people say is different things and can do different stuff. I think it does come generally from alchemy tho, and the idea was that it was the key to everything, the big questions, including turning lead into gold.

So its become a 'big sought after', and an answer to lots of things. Its likesay, the contents of the breifcase in Pulp Fiction.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
good luck trying to pick it up though:

Leaving the Acropolis can be slightly more difficult because the ground slopes downwards. The marble has been covered in places with a gritty concrete to help prevent falls. On your descent you may notice people climbing over a rocky outcrop on the right just outside the entrance to the Acropolis. This is the Philosopher's stone, worn to a deadly smoothness by the feet of endless crowds climbing to sit where the ancient philosophers sat and expounded their theories.

( from www.holidayaccommodationgreece.com... )

If you go to Greece, I wanna go too. Maybe we can get a group rate or somethin'

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i have already said on the previous page that it does exsist and is housed in the british museum, wether or not it works is another story

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
lol i feel stupid

its alot more complex than that stupid rock from Harry Potter

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
siriuslyone,
I have ready many of your posts, I would be interested in your thoughts on this thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
First learn all you can about the P Stone. Then learn to love the abstract as much as you do that which you currently think of as static. Then learn all you can about the P Stone. Symbolism. It's a very familiar story.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Since I do not 'do' Harry Potter, is this where all these Stone questions are coming from?
Maybe the author of the books has her own ideas?
I am confused, thinking this was all a sirius discourse.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
siriuslyone,
I have ready many of your posts, I would be interested in your thoughts on this thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted my humble opinion on that post..
Quite a lot of insight on your part.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
I once had a 33rd Mason who "adopted' me and he showed me where to look and what to look for,

How, exactly, would he know?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting, on the second full page, days after the initial asking of the question, and yet not one more comment by the original poster. I suppose he found his answers....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
>>How, exactly, would he know?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alushe
"The philosopher's stone, described variously, was sometimes said to be a common substance, found everywhere but unrecognized and unappreciated."

"Eventually the Philosopher's Stone was thought to signify the force behind the evolution of life and the universal binding power which unites minds and souls in a human oneness.

Finally, it represented the purity and sanctity of the highest realm of pure thought and altruistic existence.

The Philosopher's Stone - the White Stone by the River - The Sword in the Stone - all the same - that which contains the knowledge of creation - a symbol that represents the final outcome of man's inner transformation, of the conversion of the base metal of his outer character to the golden properties of his higher self. "

"Though the notion of a simple philosopher's stone of the alchemic sense fell out of scientific conception by at least the 19th century, its metaphors and imagery persisted: man's attempt to discover the essential secret of the universe, redemptively transforming not just lead into gold, but death into life."

"Within the philosophical system of Western alchemy (hermeticism), metal transmutations and the philosopher's stone are sometimes symbols for inner spiritual transformation of the alchemist. Thus, in some religious contexts the concept is as valid as ever, in a way."

Just as the philosopher's stone was said to transmute base elements to gold, so the alchemist would live through his own process of transmutation.

I would also view the current topic on the holy grail, as the underlying metaphorical themes of the two are for the most part interchangeable.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Alushe]

Could'nt of said it better. IMHO- I think for most, a bit of research into gnosticism could seriously help with understanding the influences, and driving factors behind Alchemy.
[edited for spelling, and 1 more sentence]

[edit on 28-4-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
here is some interesting info somewhat related to the topic. Its the story of Nicholas Flamel who allegedly discovered the secret hundreds of years ago and is alive to this day....

www.alchemylab.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join