It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to know everything there is ont he Philosopher's Stone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So if you guys have some information regarding the Philospher's Stone I'd very much appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Philosophers stone?
Wasnt that on Civilization a test of time?

This is a game BTW

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Eternal]

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Eternal]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Watch the first Harry Potter movie or better yet read the book!

Seriously, just go to google and look it up along with Nicholas Flamel.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Something to do with Alchemy and Living forever
Just rent Harry Potter 1

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ok here's what little I know about the philosopher's stone.

1) It doesn't exist.
2) It was supposed to be able to turn lead into gold.
3) If you ground it up into powder and drank it, it was also supposed to give you eternal life. (no gold, then, though
)

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Al and Ed just found it on Full Metal Alchemist(Anime) on Adult Swim the other night. Made Al a pretty powerful guy!! According to that show, it required a considerable human sacrifice in order for it to work. can't get somethin for nothin!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In my opinion, the philosopher's stone is simply a mushroom.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a kind of psychoactive mushroom is indeed called the philosophers stone....

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
DH, you say you need to know everything you can about philosopher's stoen...how much effort are you willing to exert?

Here's the yahoo search
and the dogpile search

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Watch fullmetal alchemist. I dont believe in it but if you want info, whether its true or not, check out that show. its an anime but its very entertaining.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
To know everything on anything, you have to at some point, have revealed to you the Esoteric truth of said thing; before you can even begin to "know everything on" it:

Philosophical Stone

An Alchemical symbol of the Intimate Christ dressed with bodies of Gold. When acquired, this stone gives powers over nature. It is lost when thrown in water (through fornication). When the stone is dissolved in (sexual) water, then the metallic Spirit is melted, and interior Magnes escapes. It is said when this happens, one dissolves the stone in water on Saturday (Saturn = death). The Philosophical Stone is passes through phases of development: black, red & white. It is also the Cubic stone of Yesod (Parsifal Unveiled), the stone that Jacob anointed with oil and "a Stone of stumbling, a rock of offense."

Nicolas Valois: “It is a Stone of great virtue, and is called a Stone and is not a stone.”

For more on this, see my posts in this thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

PEACE

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
~~

as i understand it

that P. stone (an object) is a stone not made, hewed, shaped by human hands

also, that by seeking it via intellect
it will elude you,
i guess thats because it exists outside of this natural- world realm
but flourishes in the worlds of spiritual concepts, myths, metaphors, allegories, archtypes, ideas and fictional memes...

a reallife realtime maze
where even those dead-end corridors are
in reality, just valuable philosophical detours

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Peace St. Udio

Path of the Razor's Edge

"The Initiate must travel, with determination, along the Path of the Razor’s Edge. There are terrifying abysses on either side of this difficult road.

On the difficult path to the dissolution of the ego, there are complex passages which have their roots precisely in the real path. Obviously, from the Path of the Razor’s Edge multiple paths diverge which lead nowhere.

Some of them take us to the abyss and despair. There are paths which can transform us into the majesties of this or that zone of the universe. However, they can never return us to the bosom of the Eternal Universal Cosmic Father.

There are fascinating paths of a most holy, ineffable appearance; unfortunately, they can only lead us into the submerged devolution of the infernal worlds. In the work of the dissolution of the “I,” we need to devote ourselves completely to the Innermost Christ.

At times problems appear which are difficult to resolve. Suddenly the path is lost in inexplicable labyrinths and we do not know where it continues. Only absolute obedience to the Innermost Christ and the Father who is in secret can, in such instances, wisely guide us.

The Path of the Razor’s Edge is full of danger, both inside and out." - The Great Rebellion

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Research white powder gold or David hudson - white powder gold is also known as philosipher stones

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Though you're right St. Udio, in that things of the Philosophical Stone's nature are abstract(to the sensual mind); and thus require direct experience as to truly understand them.

However; having an intellectual understanding of a thing, is not always a bad place to start.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hi, I'm looking for the angle of it that's to do with the Elixir of Life.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
on that thread.

However, you have to be willing to contribute you know? I know plenty but are you willing to look as well, not just be handed all the answers, because that doesn't seem fair.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
woa....back-up, pal.....your scaring me......like minutes before your thread I was reading about philosopher's stone on wikipedia..........CrAzY

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
"The philosopher's stone, described variously, was sometimes said to be a common substance, found everywhere but unrecognized and unappreciated."

"Eventually the Philosopher's Stone was thought to signify the force behind the evolution of life and the universal binding power which unites minds and souls in a human oneness.

Finally, it represented the purity and sanctity of the highest realm of pure thought and altruistic existence.

The Philosopher's Stone - the White Stone by the River - The Sword in the Stone - all the same - that which contains the knowledge of creation - a symbol that represents the final outcome of man's inner transformation, of the conversion of the base metal of his outer character to the golden properties of his higher self. "

"Though the notion of a simple philosopher's stone of the alchemic sense fell out of scientific conception by at least the 19th century, its metaphors and imagery persisted: man's attempt to discover the essential secret of the universe, redemptively transforming not just lead into gold, but death into life."

"Within the philosophical system of Western alchemy (hermeticism), metal transmutations and the philosopher's stone are sometimes symbols for inner spiritual transformation of the alchemist. Thus, in some religious contexts the concept is as valid as ever, in a way."

Just as the philosopher's stone was said to transmute base elements to gold, so the alchemist would live through his own process of transmutation.

I would also view the current topic on the holy grail, as the underlying metaphorical themes of the two are for the most part interchangeable.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Alushe]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Alushe nice post

DemonHuntr86 first google the emerald tablet, then I would recomend reading the kybalion if you want to do your own research.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
well the philosephers stone was based on the angelical stone - a stone used fo scrying by Dr John Dee, astrologer to Queen Elizabeth I, who claimed that it was given to him by the angels Raphael and Gabreil. It is now lodged in the British Museum.

i got this info out of 'Dictionary of the Occult' done by Geedes & Grosset

top topics

<<   2 >>

join