It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - newly found hidden Runway!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We've all seen satellite pictures of Area-51.

Google has come out with its free map service that now gives you the option to go from map view, to the satellite view, using it you can find Area 51, and I went lower and saw the supposed S-4, but when you looking at the Area-51 pic from 2 notches away from its closes allowable zoom point and then use your mouse and left click and hold its scrolls, go a little up (from Area-51) and then go left and if you look long enough you will find it, its a runway it what appears a remote location, there arn't any buildings visable. just down the road from the runway (diagonaly right) there is the distinct impression of 4 seperate buildings, possibly underconstruction (which I doubt because of no equiptment, and the site isn't messy), and the other possability is that there underground.

On a side note: look at the unidentified runway, there is a white passenger jet in the middle of it, probably leaving or landing, since I see no hangars.

The satellite pictures used on google varry a lot, some new good res pics, some older pics that can only bring you so close.

Also, if you found the small out of the way runway, you notice a road connecting the airstrip to the wierd building impressions, follow that road upwards till it leads to a pretty large (what I think is a) dry lakebed, and zoom in on it...wierd huh, its 5 circles, and it looks like a target sign or something...and what are those black circles/rings? they look like there above (as in flying) the target patern.

I hope other people find everything that I explained, cause I like facts and answers, and this is kinda bafaling.

hidden runway
any thoughts???

apc

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There's a dozen runways just like that one scattered all over the area. Lots and lots of subsurface nuke craters too.
Several active discussions going on about this stuff.

Try terraserver, better imagery.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
There's a dozen runways just like that one scattered all over the area.

Then show me some other ones.

Try terraserver, better imagery.

I tried it....and I dissagree.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
it would be helpfull to upload some of these images. i crash whenever i use satalit servce

apc

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just wander over to the "Mil. and Gov. Facilities" forum.
This guy's been goin nuts with google satimagery:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
He's captured lots of interesting and strange constructs out there.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thats a target practice runway/airstrip.

jra

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanzerik
Thats a target practice runway/airstrip.

I agree. There are some craters around it. It defiantely seems like it would be something used for practice. I don't think you'd be landing top secret jets on a dirt runway either. The plane on the runway is probably used as a target or something. It looks like there are some craters around it. There's also a large circular target in the dry lake bed above that area.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by jra]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That runway complex may be part of the Indian Springs AFB, the close proximity to Las Vegas indicates that it is just that. The circular green objects that you see at various locations on the terrain are Farms, literal crop circles which are done that way because it is economically better to farm that way in arrid lands. The large crater like pits that appear on the ground between the original target runway and Las Vegas are the result of the underground nuclear testing in Nevada. Those craters were all created by nuclear tests!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
looking at them closer i agree with chuck that they were made by under ground nuclear tests

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This area here is particularly interesting. Look at the nice double craters. It almost looks like liquid in the craters, though it is probably just some strange salt deposits. Odd since none of the others seem to have that. Also, the area to the right of the double crater looks to have some storage going on. Dumping perhaps? And to the right of THAT there appears to be some recent (as of the imagery date) grading done.

maps.google.com...,-116.027083&spn=0.011314,0.017246&t=k&hl=en

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
This area here is particularly interesting. Look at the nice double craters. It almost looks like liquid in the craters, though it is probably just some strange salt deposits. Odd since none of the others seem to have that. Also, the area to the right of the double crater looks to have some storage going on. Dumping perhaps? And to the right of THAT there appears to be some recent (as of the imagery date) grading done.

maps.google.com...,-116.027083&spn=0.011314,0.017246&t=k&hl=en

I've looked at that area at length, and I believe what that "storage" area is, is actually the bunker in which some of the first above-ground nuclear tests were observed from. On the left side of that area, you'll see some diagonal lines, which seem to me to be large viewing ports. Assuming they are windows of some sort, follow in the direction they are looking (diagonally down and to the left), and you'll come across a very large crater. Just down from that crater, you'll see what appears to be a bombed out town. If my hunch is correct, that "town" is the same one you see get blown away in the video footage of early nuclear tests (the one that shows the mannequin woman catching fire as the heat blast reaches it). I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.

As far as the runway mentioned in the original post, there have been several threads posted regarding that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (asking about the plane seen on the runway)

Several are still active, and many more can be found through either the search function or just by paging back through the "Military and Government Facilities" forum.

new topics

top topics

join