It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberia Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If the government's army looses to 'rebels' thn, they desrved to be overthrown and kicked out.

If Taylor would've left the country after the cease fire, the figting would've ended.

Why do the US's troops have to go in?
Bush already started 2 wars this term, why another?

It's like the American Revoution, (or, in Britian's eyes, the civil war). They lost, we deserve to be our own country.

Look at it this way...
Would you want to be ruled by a governent that can't even defend itself in rebellions?
How could you withstand a foriegn invasion?

The answer...
...you couldn't.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has ordered positioning of "appropriate military capabilities" off the coast of Liberia to support a West African peacekeeping force that will be deployed to the region, the White House announced Friday.

It was not immediately clear how large a force would be sent.

"The U.S. role will be limited in time and scope as multinational forces under the United Nations assume the responsibility for peacekeeping and as the United Nations arranges a political transition in Liberia," the White House said in a written statement.

www.cnn.com...

Well, I guess this is what a bunch of you all have been asking for but I think we have another Somolia in the making. In my opinion, we should'nt trust the UN to run a McDonalds much less a military campaign. I hope this is far as our troops have to go to allow the UN to clean this mess up but I'd say its going to end up looking like a monkey f*#king a football.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The situation regards this seems to be stepping up wots the score part of the big plan or pain in the arse?
looks like black hawk down 2 pretty messy over their tho....

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I heard on the radio today that most of the combatants in Liberia are 15 year-old boys. Hmm, sounds good. Some kids shoot at American troops, America kills them, America is now a children murdering country in the press.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Leveller I wouldn't call the Civil War a battle of Tribalism...it was a battle to uphold state's rights as per the constitution...of course the "good-guy//villains" lost...and so while yes the Union holds together, our State's rights fade from memory...a win//lose situation whoever won...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
First, C, apologize to Kitty, that was a mean and unneeded comment that has nothing to do with this board.

Second, let the morons kill themselves. *mod edit for racist remark*. Come on people, they go out and starve to death yet have 80 kids. They declare war on each other every other day for some reason or other, then have sex with monkeys before going to a whore house and start spreading aids(this is the scientific origin of AIDS, some african screwed a monkey, got infected with it, *mod edit for another racist remark*, and there you go, another disease from Africa to kill us all)

Of course, why are warm countries/continets all uncivilized? Except for Aussie Land, New Zealand, and South Africa, not a single country considered civilized beneath the equator. Must be the heat. *edit for yet a third racist remark*

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hey Colonel, check out this info. I work with a man named Tom Nyuma (Google) who was a Colonel in the army of Sierra Leone during the civil war there. He has enlightened me to the problems over there and they are tribalism, greed and power. His major at Ohio State is PolySci.

www.triniview.com...

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
First, C, apologize to Kitty, that was a mean and unneeded comment that has nothing to do with this board.

Second, let the morons kill themselves. Africa(excluding South Africa and Egypt((which is Middle East, not Africa))) is a land of uncivilized monkeys. Hell, monkeys are more civil then some of the people over there. Come on people, they go out and starve to death yet have 80 kids. They declare war on each other every other day for some reason or other, then have sex with monkeys before going to a whore house and start spreading aids(this is the scientific origin of AIDS, some african screwed a monkey, got infected with it, then screwed a human, and there you go, another disease from Africa to kill us all)

Of course, why are warm countries/continets all uncivilized? Except for Aussie Land, New Zealand, and South Africa, not a single country considered civilized beneath the equator. Must be the heat. Of course, the places that are civilized have a strong white/asian population, that could explain it.

Hooray for Racist Evolutionistic thought!

I think you are as vile as the "monkeys" you speak of. The friends I have from African countries are no doubt more intelligent (I'll take a good guess on this!!) and civilized than you who are probably still wiping your boogers on the toilet stall wall.

Your kind of thinking is abyssmally shallow and reveals the hatred you have for others in your heart. It also shows how lacking you are in moral grounding. You and those like you(aryan brotherhood, christian identity) bring division to this world because you lack the mental fortitude to see others as individuals and the historical nature of some countries being different from ours (All peoples)

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Big T

Now that was good...

(Tyrifficism)

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Big T

Now that was good...

(Tyrifficism)

Tanksalot MA!!
Debate is one thing, even if heated and strained, but that stuff denies the ATS motto!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Why blame America for not intervening? Why not blame Charles Taylor for being an arsehole?

Because people are always trying to find ways to make America seem like it's at fault. And always ready to critisize every single move.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
then have sex with monkeys before going to a whore house and start spreading aids(this is the scientific origin of AIDS, some african screwed a monkey, got infected with it, then screwed a human, and there you go, another disease from Africa to kill us all)

And where do you get your scientific facts?
Ever thought the mainstream scientific explanation that somebody ate infected monkey meat might be the true reason for the origin of AIDS?

Screwing monkeys indeed.
I'll bet that's what your girlfriend does when she goes to bed with you and feels desparate.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That's why I always make sure that my monkey meat is always cooked completely. Did anyone catch the reason why Bush is withholding AIDS money to South Africa. It's because the President of South Africa does not believe in the HIV/AIDS connection.

Wait, what the hell does this have to do with Charles Taylor and Liberia?

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ha! The jokes on you Lev, I don't have one!

Anyways, you never heard how aids was started? It was started same way(except dif. country and dif. animal) Hepititis was started. Got some uncivilized moron screwing an animal, then screwed a human, and the infection began.

Second, I meant less civilized than monkeys because when was the last time you heard of monkeys doing anything they do?

Third, well, that's all I have to say, for now.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Leveller the american civil war was not the last tribal war the US has fought.
not in my opinion anyway.
the difference is that now your country is one big tribe fighting against all those who dont agree with what your tribal leaders say.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The situation is Liberia is bleak from what I can gather. What good would peacekeepers do there. It seem like the Govt. and Rebel Troops there are both a vile nasty little lot. Once the peacekeeper left the killings would procede as usual only this time the despots in power might end up being the rebels. ......Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss.
It really is sad.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If only they had a little oil...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've been wondering why most ppl in US consider that peacekeeping=WAR
There is a big difference with a genuine peace keeping operations (like Kosovo, Eritrea, Cyprus) and full scale invasions like (Irag)
Somalia was one of the only truly bad peacekeeping ops, most of them have worked out finely, even under "UN command" phrase that really only means that some non American soldiers are leading the operation not civilians.

The success of peacekeeping depends on the situation, somalia was a mixed tribalwar without frontlines or treaties and it failes, because US strikes turned the ppl against the UN Force (not a US failure, it could have been any other participating nation). On the otherhand ethiopia/eritrea (UNMEE) operation worked out fine, because there was a clear situation and agreement to control.

In Liberia there are two major "players" and several smaller warlords (correct me if i'm wrong) and they controll their own areas and fight to gain more ground and money. In this situation a strong enough force inserted between the fighting parties could break up the parties and force negotiations. The force needed isn't a large, concidering that the forces fighting in region are untrained, lacking leadership and equipment to carry on fighting a proper army.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
So let me figure this out. When a country which poses NO threat to the US, has no historical connection to the US, and has a stable but despotic government, we need to blow them to hell to "liberate the people."

You mean Iraq? Saddam Hussein is tied to the United States through the CIA, then later through the Reagan Administration's all out support of Hussein's war with Iran.

So to restate your response a bit "When a country which poses NO threat to the US, whose dictator was placed in power and armed by the US, and has a stable but despotic government, we need to blow them to hell to "liberate the people. from their oil"

The white men of the world are more than happy to watch Africa kill itself, be certain that behind all the blood shed there are some scumbags funding and inciting all this violence, and they are not African. Not all white men off course, you know which ones I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join