It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality: Genetic Origins or Lifestyle Choice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is what the American Psycological Association says about homosexuality

Excerpt:

What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Sexual Orientation?

There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.

Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

My question is this: When you started dating were you equally attracted to both sexes and decided on one over the other? Or did it just come naturally? I think most everyone will agree that it just came naturally. So why is it so difficult for people to believe that it's just natural for homosexuals as well?

If it is natural then it seems wrong to discriminate against gays/lesbians for a condition they otherwise have no control over--sort of like skin color.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Genetic or a Social order, what does it matter? They gave us AIDS, poor movies, and their infamous 'gay parades'. They need to be wiped out before they give us another global epidemic.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Genetic or a Social order, what does it matter? They gave us AIDS, poor movies, and their infamous 'gay parades'. They need to be wiped out before they give us another global epidemic.

Frosty;

I'm very sorry to hear that you and your partner contracted the AIDS virus and wish you well in your medical battle. Maybe you can use your personal experience to encourage those you know to practice safe sex.

As far as the poor videos they gave you--no worries; simply throw them out. And the parades: I wish I could have parades in my honor!!

<< 1   >>

join