It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Helicopter Shot Down In Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A civilian helicopter has been shot down in Baghdad killling all 11 passengers on board. Six US security contractors, three Bulgarian crew members and two Filipino guards were all killed when the Bulgarian owned chopper was brought down by a rocket propelled grenade.

news.bbc.co.uk
US and Bulgarian officials said the Bulgarian-owned chopper was brought down by a rocket-propelled grenade.

The Russian-built MI-8 helicopter was owned by a Bulgarian company, Heli Air, and chartered by SkyLink, a North American company.

The six Americans who died were working for security contractor Blackwater USA.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How much longer will these unnecassary attacks continue by the insurgents in Iraq.

The War in Iraq and occupation by the US lead coalition has freed Iraq from a decietful and murderous dictatorship and yet these people are still not happy.

The question must be asked if the coalition can ever end the hostilities in Iraq and wether the occupation is working. Could it be time to move out and leave them to their own devices?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Reads OP/ED to me (I voted for it anyway)

Things like this make me wonder if it was the passengers (as to nationality) or just because the 'copter was there.

I'll watch this.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The War in Iraq and occupation by the US lead coalition has freed Iraq from a decietful and murderous dictatorship and yet these people are still not happy.

Right, it just doesn't really make any sense at all, now does it? Gee, maybe they really do hate us for our freedom *nods all round*...or maaaaaaybe...

I know a lot of people on this board who wouldn't be too happy if other nations decided to come and free them from their very own deceitful and murderous government.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Reads Op/Ed to me

The introductory paragraph is supposed to be unbiased while in the conclusion you're permitted bias, opinion, etc. I didn't see bias in the intro.

Those RPGs are trouble; anyone can get them out there, and they can do a lot of damage.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I suppose any real easy target is game for the insurgents. Thats how they can claim they are fighting the western invasion.

Civilians over there are always going to get targeted, no matter what they are to do to help.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think this is a repeat of this earlier submission: www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
CNN (TV) says that militants claim to have killed a survivor of this crash in cold blood.

EDIT: ...and they also have a video of it.

[edit on 2005/4/22 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
dj, it´s not a repeat until one of the submissions gets upgraded to ATSNN...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

CNN (TV) says that militants claim to have killed a survivor of this crash in cold blood.

This is true, the video is already on the net. Saw it this morning. Really sucks to survive a major helicoptor crash only to be dragged out of the grass to be shot and killed.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We also have on video an american soldier shooting a wounded insurgent, and explaining it away as a compassion killing, and no charges brought against him. So now both sides can claim mercy killing.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
So now both sides can claim mercy killing.

And the 10 who died instantly in the attack?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk
The Islamic Army posted a video on the internet purporting to show the wreckage, and the shooting.

Eleven people died in the crash - six US security contractors, three Bulgarian crew and two Fijian guards.

A statement said the survivor was shot in revenge for "the murder of Muslims in the mosques of Falluja".

WARNING: Graphic Link to the video

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
dj, it´s not a repeat until one of the submissions gets upgraded to ATSNN...

OT for just a minute.

Let me get this right you are saying that if someone posts a submission after someone else it is not a repeat???

ON what authority do you base that?

Back to the normal channel for normal viewing

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Shots, there are other requirements for an ATSNN story, including having no bias, good sources, and its overall general quality. The votes reflect which story was covered better. Therefore, this isn't a repeat, the community has spoken.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
sorry , but the link didn't worked for me ......:S

new topics

top topics

join