It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Moussaoui to Plead Guilty to 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Zacarias Moussaoui has decided to plead guilty to all charges levied against him by the United States in connection to his role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, and a Federal judge ruled that he was mentally competent to make such a plea. He is expected to plead guilty, against the advice of his attorneys, in a hearing scheduled on Friday. Moussaoui had plead guilty once before, but the plea was retracted and the judge accepted the retraction. He faces a possible death sentence if a jury is empaneled to determine punishment for the crimes.

www.nytimes.com
WASHINGTON, April 20 - A federal judge on Wednesday declared Zacarias Moussaoui mentally competent to plead guilty to terrorism charges and scheduled a hearing for Friday to allow him to admit his role in the Sept. 11 attacks.

A defense lawyer, meanwhile, disclosed that Mr. Moussaoui not only had told the authorities that he wanted to plead guilty, but had also asked to be put to death.

Mr. Moussaoui's defense lawyers are opposed to the highly unusual decision and plan to file a motion on Thursday challenging his mental fitness and his ability to understand the charges, as events in the once-stalled prosecution now appear to be speeding quickly toward a resolution.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here are the charges against Moussaoui:
  • Conspiracy to Commit Acts of Terrorism
  • Conspiracy to Commit Aircraft Piracy
  • Conspiracy to Destroy Aircraft
  • Conspiracy to Use Weapons of Mass Destruction
  • Conspiracy to Murder U.S. Employees
  • Conspiracy to Destroy Property

The Moussaoui case has had numerous twists and turns during its protracted litigation. I do believe he was involved in the plot and deserves whatever punishment he gets. Hopefully his admission of guilt in the 9/11 plot will lay to rest all of the silly conspiracy theories regarding government involvement in the attacks.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

[edit on 4/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 4/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A worthy article "pre-empting" the plea in a high profile case (such prediction is an unusual media event in global terms), spoiled only by the biased interpretation of its significance.

No plea or subsequent sentencing will put anything to rest in the three and a half year old environment of Bush administration cover-up of the actual events and stonewalling of enquiries.

What you are looking for is not evidence of government involvement. It is the reason for government non-involvement in prevention. When you know everything that took place in the week preceding and on the day it is impossible to dismiss the known facts that point to complicity and negligence.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is wishful thinking to hope that any amount of pesky facts could ever deter conspiracy theorists from their beliefs. Of course there was negligence at many levels that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur, but no complicity.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Of course there was negligence at many levels that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur, but no complicity.

You know for a fact there was no complicity?!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ummm... while I cannot be certain, it would appear as though a post I made covering evidence of complicity has been removed or never made it.

In a nutshell complicity is proven in fact by:

* no "officials" being held accountable for the worst national security failure in US history

and corroborated by evidence of foreknowledge:

* "officials" and their friends refraining from stepping on to commercial flights in the week prior
* calling off of intelligencce investigations into flight schools
etc etc.

The "official" version presented for public consumption is the weakest theory of all, full of holes and leaking badly.

But I wonder if my post ever made it. A 9/11 glitch, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I, my self, have a strong feeling the government was very much involved, i'm not saying that a global hawk fired some sort of weapon since that's just silly, but I do believe no terrorist were involved.

This smells of Northwood (if you ever heard of that) that the US government was planning a staged attack so they could strike on Cuba.

This was a little too convenient for the Bush Administration don't you think? and the Bin Laden and Housein family were HEAVILLY involved with the Bush Family, they were practically family and Bin Laden was HEAVILLY involved in the CIA, this is not simple wisheful thinking, I WISH we could blaim it on some idiotic terrorist, but to me it seems clear that the government is involved in this one.

I have to agree with Alex Jones on alot of things in his movies, but definitly not everything, they were a proponent of the Global Hawk theory.

new topics

top topics

join