It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amitiville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The first time i headr of Amtiville, i was 12, and my mom had just bought the bookon Reader's Diggest. It scared the hell out of me, i tell you i have never read a book that crawls under your skin as much as that one... Its almost like you can see it happen has you read it...

Than i wacth all the following Amitiville's movies, and today i went to see the re-make of the "Amitiville Horror". It was ok, entertaining... but scary ... not really, or maybe because i read the story and saw the movies before?? Still, i saw the First "Texas chainsaw" and than i saw the re-make, and both of them made my stomach turn...

Amitiville re-make wasnt bad, it just wasnt thrilling ... It was simply entertaining...

Now there was a detail i dont remember from the book, that was that Amitiville before it became a residential home, had been a Mission where some sicko reverend tortured and killed indians, and that where the haunting comes from.

I dont remember reading that in the movie, and i havent found anything about that on the web either....

Anyone else saw the movie, or read the boo, or knows anything about this "mission"? or was it an adaptation for the re-make ?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live really close to Amitiville. Im thinkin of driving there and seeing the house

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Please let me know what you see. Tell me who is living there now.
Thanks my fellow Croat.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i saw the film, it scared me, not really badly but bad enough
can you explain to me why the little girl got sunk through the floor at the end.
and if the doll was buried with her how did the alive young girl get it??

oni x x

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The little girl sunk through the floor at the end for entertainment, to show the house (a representation of hell) pulling her down. Also, in the real story, they could not see the children, but rather hear them running see them moving things, etc., but not their actual bodies. But, from what I hear, the walls did actually supposedly bleed, and I'm pretty sure that under the house was some type of place where Indians had been killed before that story. Even in the first movie, they have that place under their house, but it is simply referred to as "Hell" itself. Even without all of these things happening to the family after, it's scary enough thinking that some boy got up and killed off every member of his family with a rifle without any of them getting out of bed hearing the sound except for a little girl. Of course, that man is still in jail and is actually going to get out soon if not already if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he'll get lots of publicity...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
damn. scary but even worse that its based on a true story!

dats just freaky!

oni x x

ps. the actual geezer is in jail, damn i fought he would of died! when did this happen!?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He's been in jail for the past, I believe 31 years, and actually, I don't even know if he is anymore. His sentence was 30 years, and then parole, I believe.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
that is really scary, how could somebody do that?
you never know what goes on in a mad mans mind.

oni x x

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, he killed 6 people. That should be a life sentence without parole if not death...I believe he pleaded insanity and didn't get it though.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
but he must of had a grudge with his family, or maybe he really heard the voices!

i would of made it so he was sentenced to death!

but then people would say

"what gives any human being the right to take away somebodys life",

but when it is something like that then i think you can make the Exception!

oni x x

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes, I believe that house has some connection to Hell...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
i saw the film, it scared me, not really badly but bad enough
can you explain to me why the little girl got sunk through the floor at the end.
and if the doll was buried with her how did the alive young girl get it??

oni x x

the evil in the house sucked her back in...because she was part of it ...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I live really close to Amitiville. Im thinkin of driving there and seeing the house

I want pictures ...PICTURES !!!! LOL

"Now there was a detail i dont remember from the book, that was that Amitiville before it became a residential home, had been a Mission where some sicko reverend tortured and killed indians, and that where the haunting comes from. "

if this is true, it could explain the "voices" he heard. He claims demonci possession... and it could be true... specially because the second family experinced the same kind of thing...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes, indeed. I actually heard that Amityville is guarded at all entrances now by police. This is because, after the Lutz's moved out, another family moved in, and prefers to avoid publicity.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No bloody way would you get me in that house!
even if you payed me!

oni x x

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I haven't seen the movie or anything. But I would go in the house. I mean it can't be that scary.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
alias101 you watch the movie. its not that scary but..... to know it is a true story and everything that was done such as murder really happend!

its freaky and scary!

oni x x

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Okay... I'll watch the movie.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sorry, but no "sane" person offs their parents and little siblings...
Was the place haunted? I don't think so...(probably was when the Lutzes moved in though) but not when he went on the rampage. I think the guy was just whacked in the head.... Possession of a sort may not be out of the question, but I'd really have to reread about the case....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
very true Gazrok, but we are just speaking about what the actual movie said happen.

most of it may have been edited.
harmless talk. and spectulation.

most likely the guy wasnt sane, but he said he heard voices
skitsafeneria most likely.

(sorry spelling)

but you just have to think what if he was telling the truth and he did here voices within the house,

does any one know if he heard the voices after he left?
because in the movie she took him on the spead boat and then later he was ok because he was away from the house?

oni x x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join