It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. Sen. Salazar Slams Colo. Dobson/Focus on the Family for "UnChristian" Political Tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That State is about to BLOW UP. I know how devoted Dobsonites are just from posting here. Whew! May God have mercy on Salazar and save him from His followers.

InsideDenver.com

Salazar slams Focus
Senator calls group's political tactics over judges 'un-Christian'

By M.E. Sprengelmeyer, Rocky Mountain News
April 21, 2005

WASHINGTON - Sen. Ken Salazar, D-Colo., lashed out at Focus on the Family on Thursday, saying the group is using "un-Christian" political tactics in the fight over White House judicial appointments.

Salazar defended Democrats' right to filibuster what they consider objectionable nominees and blasted the Colorado Springs-based evangelical Christian group for recent ads urging him to "STOP the nonsense."

"I do think that what has happened here is there has been a hijacking of the U.S. Senate by what I call the religious right wing of the country," Salazar said at a Capitol Hill news conference Wednesday.

He singled out Focus on the Family by name, objecting to full-page newspaper ads that the ministry's political arm recently placed, targeting 20 senators in 15 states.

"I think what has happened is Focus on the Family has been hijacking Christianity and become an appendage of the Republican Party," Salazar said in an interview. "I think it's using Christianity and religion in a very unprincipled way."

A Focus on the Family spokesman fired back, saying Salazar was siding with liberal Democrats who have questioned some judicial nominees about their strong religious views and stalled nominations.

"I'm flabbergasted the senator would call our Christianity into question," said Tom Minnery, the group's vice president of public policy.

Please read whole article as it's chocked full of meat.

Quick background is that Salazar (though a very conservative Democrat) is a Democrat in name only that virtually the whole Democratic party wrote off as one of them from his inside deals and Republican party line votes.

This is like Tom DeLay turning on Jerry Falwell or a Bush not cashing a check from the Moonies. This is a huge defection. There WILL be death threats. Donsonites are like God's motorcycle gang.

Though Salazar is right of course.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not a Colorado thing. It appears liberal evangelicals just finally had enough and all grew a spine at once.

WASHINGTON — Sen. Mark Pryor lashed out Wednesday at the Christian evangelicals who have joined the attack on Democratic filibusters of President Bush’s judicial nominees.

Their tactics threaten "to make the followers of Jesus Christ just another special-interest group," Pryor said in a conference call with Arkansas reporters. "It is presumptuous of them to think that they represent all Christians in America, even to say they represent all evangelical Christians," added Pryor, 42, a first-term Democrat who has considered himself an evangelical Christian for 25 years.

There's acutally non-political religious activity on this issue too. Some churches "by the busload" are planning on protesting Dobson's headquarter's soon. Don't know why. I guess it's a "take Jesus back" thing.

Ah... it's an ALL Families thing.

www.deardrdobson.com...

Yeah, sick of the "Dr. Phil" of Jesusism defining family values for all Christians. Nice. The self appointed second head of the GOP better watch his neck. Unlike the cartoon characters he picks on, real people fight back.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by RANT]

join