It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse of the Ice Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In a story reminiscent of the tale of Tutankhamen's curse, six people involved with the excavation of a 5,300 year old stone age warrior discovered on an Alpine glacier 14 years ago have since died. Coincidence, result of hazardous occupations, Or the Curse Of The Mummy!?

Mirror.co.uk
The death of historian Konrad Spindler is the latest tragedy to strike those linked with disturbing the Stone Age warrior - found perfectly preserved, frozen in the Italian Alps.

Spindler, 66, had been asked if he believed the curse. He replied "No. Next thing you will be saying I will be next." He was diagnosed with terminal cancer and died this week.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Personally I think a combination of bad luck, old age and hazerdous occupations, but the curse factor is considered real by many...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
6 deaths, ? thats a pretty wimpy curse !!!! and cancer is such a lame way to curse someone. having them frozen to death would have had a lot more stlye

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
this sort of reminds of me of a scooby doo episode, the one which the ice man comes to life. I love a good curse story and this one is very intriguing, thanks for bringing it up.

Personally I believe there are real curses, that can affect believers and non believers, but I don't think Spindler dying from cancer is really part of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

having them frozen to death would have had a lot more stlye

Heh. Someone was found frozen, but it wasn't what killed him.
Here's the way the other guys died:

The other "victims" of the mummy include the forensic expert Dr Rainer Henn, who placed the cadaver in a body bag with his bare hands, and who died in a road accident on his way to a conference to discuss his famous subject.

The Alpine guide Kurt Fritz organised the transportation by helicopter of the mummified remains, and was killed by a snowslide in an accident in the mountains, in an area he knew well. He was the only one of a party of climbers to die.

Then there was journalist Rainer Hoelz, who filmed the recovery of the Iceman, and who died of a brain tumour.

The fourth death was that of Helmut Simon, the German tourist who spotted the Iceman in 1991 while on a walking trip with his wife. He became bitter that he was not recognised or financially compensated for his discovery.

Last October he failed to return from a mountain hike and was found dead eight days later, the victim of a 300ft fall. Local newspapers recorded that his body was found frozen, under a sheet of snow and ice.

A possible sixth victim has also been named, that of Dieter Warnecke, the man who helped find the missing 69-year-old and who died of a heart attack after attending his funeral.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
now thats more like it !

truth is stranger than fiction, keep it coming !

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, trapsing about in avalanche country doesn't exactly ensure a long lifespan....

Anyhoo, certainly is interesting though...

this sort of reminds of me of a scooby doo episode, the one which the ice man comes to life. I love a good curse story and this one is very intriguing, thanks for bringing it up.

Yep, same visual for me too, hehe....

top topics

join