It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Aurora Theory!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Almost everyone has heard of Aurora. Ever since the Name was accidently released by congress in a budget document, we've been chasing it. Over the years, Aroura has been reported in all shapes and sizes. The problen is, we can't tie it down to anything spicific! However, I Joust got an Idea that might explain Aroura one and for all:

We know it as the Aurora Project, but we aren't positive what knid of project it is. Everything suggests that it has to do with reconnassance. Here is my Theory: What if "Aurora is Not a refrence to one aircraft, but an "Umbrilla Project" that covers/covered several aircraft with simular missions? For Example take the Fallowing Reported/Hypothetical Spy planes: TR-3A Black Manta, SR-75 Penatrator, and the XR-7 Thunderdart.
If you list them as seprate programs, a forign Government would know how many different types of Reconnassance aircraft we are working on. Now, if instead, we create a secret Account where all three programs can draw money as needed, nonoe from the outside can tell how many Black Projects might be drawing funds from this one account. To hide the Account, we give it a Code Name in the budget. This Account now becomes the Aurora Project! Only a few select people inside the Pentagon would ever know for sure how many programs are feeding off of the Top Secret "Aurora Project".

It's only a theory, but it would explain why Aroura has lasted for so long, without being explained or declassified. What do you all think?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sounds like a good enough theory. I like it--multiple, black-projects under one name--may make too much sense for the pentagon, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is hardly a new theory, infact Im finding it hard to believe this thread was really made by the real Tim, SO you sure you got rid of the hacker?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He is a thought.

A certain government agency responsible for the development of advanced technology demonstrators has an aircraft program that is classified Top Secret / Special Access Required. The project has an classified codeword or nickname associated with it. That classified codeword / nickname cannot be used in conjunction with the sponsoring agency, because the project is unacknowledged, and that would reveal a classified relationship.

Therefore, this agency invents and uses its own "internal" nickname to refer to this classified program. It is only used inside the doors of this agency, and it is how employees of this agency refer to the highly classified program in open channels. This internal nickname is "Aurora".

By accident, some bean counter in the agency's accounting and finance department accidentally inserts this internal nickname in a congressional budget report, which is published. Word gets out, faces turn red, and butts are summarily chewed out. The name "Aurora" is stricken from the record, and agency employees are instructed to never use it again. A new internal nickname is developed and used, while the actual classified codeword / nickname never actually changes, because it has not been compromised.

Deniability is maintained, because a) the nickname is not in use, and b) it is not the "official" nickname / codeword for the program. DoD officials can readily and honestly say "there is no such program, nor has there ever been".

Its all a shell game, and security has a nasty habit of adding and deleting shell in mid-shuffle........

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would not be surprised at all if Aurora is an umbrella name for a type of aircraft, such as spyplanes in general.

When I was in the Navy I received a Navy Achievement Medal for my performance during "Pony Express Tasking". "Pony Express" is the term the Navy uses to describe an operation that is classified.

Broken Arrow is a well known code word.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Aurora has been around for years and is deployed out the back of a C-5.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
This is hardly a new theory, infact Im finding it hard to believe this thread was really made by the real Tim, SO you sure you got rid of the hacker?

Maybe new was the wrong choice of words! However, I am really Tim, and I did write this thread! My though behind this thread was to revive/bring up a theory. My point/though was, maybe the Pentagon has a secret Account, where they can draw mony as needed to support Black Reconnassance Aircraft Progrms. Maybe this Account is called the "Aroura Project." If we start with Aroura as an Umbrilla Project (and maybe a secret account), we can try to get a rough estimate of how many programs might be hideing under the "Aroura Umbrilla". Ok, Let's see if we can create a list:

TR-3 Black Manta (possible complement to the RC-135 Rivit Joint/Cobra Ball series
SR-75 Penatrator (might be a manned sucesssor to the SR-71 :puz

XR-7 Thunderdart (sucessor to the D-21 or some other deep penetration UAV)

If anyone else can think of a mystery plane that might be part of the "Aroura Project" please add to this list. Let's see if we can learn something about the mystery planes of the "Aroura Project". Now that I've made my screw up, and you've had your laughs, let's get down to busness. I really want to see what we can find! Please, Help me work on this list.

Tim

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
just 1 hole in the theory, then, the black budget would be a lot bigger than what it is now, am i correct?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

just 1 hole in the theory, then, the black budget would be a lot bigger than what it is now, am i correct?

No one knows what how much the "Black Budget" really is hence the term "Black".

Off Topic-
By the way your signature says go Eagles, are you referring t the Football team? Because I'm a huge Eagles Fan.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this sounds great! a very clever American boy!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Black budgets are funded during wartime. The government is so compartmentalized that when there is a lot of money shifting, it is very easily 'misplaced'.

You think that Enron and Tyco and Global Crossing invented "creative accounting"? Aw hell no!!!

Drug trafficking funds black budgets during peacetime.

I got a mind that says the money was funneled into the Comanche project was a ruse. And I seriously doubt the total bill when all was said and done came to only $800 million.

I believe current black budget funding is being poured into extremely large, hypersonic global transport platforms. Large enough to move entire companies of mechanized infantry or armor.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the Black budget is focusing on bigger stealthier UAV's and Hypersonic planes and Space planes. Of course they can be doing other stuff but this is what I think they are focusing on.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think the Black budget is focusing on bigger stealthier UAV's and Hypersonic planes and Space planes. Of course they can be doing other stuff but this is what I think they are focusing on.

I'll agree that UAV's are on the priority list for the black budget. However, I think some ultra-stealthy manned Reconnassance Aircraft are still in the wing. UAV's will never completely raplace manned aircraft! Also, I think the Black Budget is focusing on laser weapons and space technology in general. Space is quickly becoming the new "High Ground" for military commanders. The Pentagon prioritized space op's by making space warfare and defense part of the Strategic Defense mission. This is the reason that Space command became a part of US Strategic Command on October 1, 2002. (Source: US Strategic Command- Command History Fact Sheet History) The space portion of the Strategic mission will grow with time.

The Reasons I still think Manned Reconnassance Aircraft still have a place in the budget are:

1. Information Warfare is a second key area of the Pentagon's priority list! Real-Time information is the big buzz-word for the military.

2. Manned aircraft are more reliable under adverse conditions. If you lose your com-link, the aircarft is not in danger.

3. The military has never made plans to completely phase out all manned missions. As of this year, the current vision is to combined manned and unmanned operations in more efficient ways.

Tim

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
After reading this thread I do have to agree with the poster that it maybe a code name to invole many didferent projects. But then there is that other possiblity that Aroura is another project all in one, hmm like the X-33 even thought NASA says they "cancelled it" I dont buy it. we are in a world where we need to moblize fast so what better then having a plane that can get from California to the midle east in less then 3hrs. I firmly believe that the Aroura is out there and that it is a fast spy plane.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No one knows what how much the "Black Budget" really is hence the term "Black".

Actually, you can figure out how much the total black budget is by simple accounting. I can't find the link right now, but there is a site that has it listed since the cold war started. Obviously though, this will not tell you what money is going where, just that how much total money is unaccounted for.

Off Topic-
By the way your signature says go Eagles, are you referring t the Football team? Because I'm a huge Eagles Fan.

Fly, Eagles fly....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
How do they calculate the Black Budget? I thought the military overprices some projects so they can send some of that money into the black budget.

Fly, Eagles fly....

My favorite song in the world

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

How do they calculate the Black Budget? I thought the military overprices some projects so they can send some of that money into the black budget.

Fly, Eagles fly....

My favorite song in the world

You are right! Have you ever seen the movie Independence Day? There was a scene where Judd Hersh(the Father of the Character David) was talking to the president. They were walking through one of the Labs at Area 51, and the President said: "I don't understand, how do you get funding for something like this?" Judd Hersh replies: "You don't really think they spend $20,000 for a hammer and $30,000 for a toilet seat, do you?

It's a very simple trick called Siphoning. The Pentagon inflates the price of something they are going to buy. The trick is to try to make the ajusted price semi-believeable (this is where they usually get into trouble). The extra money is then funneled into a secret account where it grows and earns intrest. When the Pentagon wants to fund a Black Program, they pay for it out of this account, instead of putting in a budget request for what they want. I believe that this account might be maintained under the code name AURORA! I have a seprate thread on this topic.

IN THEORY There is a formula to figure out how much money goes into the black budget. Here it is:

Total Defense Budget- ((listed price of items- actual Price) + 20% emergency fund(20 % of the Defense budget goes in a emergency fund to pay for things like rebuliding from 9/11 or replacing hardware lost in accidents)= Black Budget

If you use the right numbers in this equation, you should end up with several billion dollars extra. This extra money pays for the black budget.

Tim

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Government projects need not be funded solely by taxpayer dollars. Simply owning companies, shares etc. would generate significant income...

As for the term "Aurora," it's standard practice for a secret project to change its name several times. One year your XR-75 project may be referred to as Aurora, the next it becomes Flying Melon or whatever. So, several impressions can be generated simultaneously:

1. The black projects are so numerous that they cannot exist.

2. Most black projects get cancelled.

3. Only the briefest reference to a project can be found.

4. Two or more projects are in fact one and the same.

Having examined these possible outcomes, it only becomes necessary for a conspiracy theorist or aircraft magazine writer to pick and choose amongst the available evidence, and come up with a brand new theory. Simple, easy, effective disinformation.

As for multiple names, there were about three or four different projects by the name of RASCAL alone a few years ago when I started doing research on this stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've always believed in this theory before, I always did think that the Aurora was just a project name for many different projects, people didn't believe me.

Anyways, yea, very confuzzling the formula.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Most black projects are Experimental Aircraft and weapons, the ones that don't get canceled might enter service.
But even the ones that get canceled they still serve purpose as the date learned form them is invaluable and most likely will go into design a next generation plane.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join