It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have any info on this ship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This ship is called the USNS Impeccable. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this ship. I believe it is a ship to find submarines.

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by jetsetter]

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
your pic didn't come through.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"The mission of the T-AGOS 23 Class ships is to collect, process, and transmit acoustic data in support of the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System (IUSS) mission requirements. The ship will be operated by the Military Sealift Command (MSC) utilizing both civilian and naval personnel to carry out its mission. In short, this vessel is used by the military to track submarines, and is the quietest vessel the government operates, outside of submarines themselves. The unique hull form is one of the most impressive features of this massive 281-foot vessel.

Surveillance ships serve as a stable platform to gather underwater acoustical data. IMPECCABLE was specifically designed to deploy two underwater listening devices called surveillance towed-array sensor system (SURTASS) used to augment the Navy's antisubmarine warfare capability. The SURTASS mission is to gather ocean acoustical data and, through electronic equipment onboard, process and provide rapid transmission of antisubmarine warfare information via satellite to shore stations for evaluation and analysis".

My company provides support for the sensor systems deployed on these vessels. They are neat.

join