It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice says she will run for president while in Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

``One day you will run for president?'' Rice was asked on Ekko Moskvy Radio.

``President, da, da,'' Rice readily replied.

That, as nearly everyone knows, even if they are not fluent in Russian as Rice is believed to be, means yes.

Source

While she quickly retracted this statement, I think her true colors have shown through. I believe she will run for president in 2008, and become both the first black and first woman president of the United States.

EDIR: changed 2005 to 2008

[edit on 21-4-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Rice vs Hillary in 2008? Could happen. Can anyone say....

OMGWTFCATFIGHT!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have nothing against a woman being President, we did have Kim Campbell for a little while here in Canada but Condi, or Hillary, puts me in mind of that old Alice Copper tune " welcome to my nightmare"

[edit on 21/4/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And just a few months ago when the rumor that she would replace Cheney if/when he stepped down were squashed under heel. Wonder why the quick turn-around in story? Either she was BS'ing the first time when she said she wouldnt make the play and didnt feel like opening herself up to an early assault by the democrats, or her boss' pension for not engaging the brain before the mouth is rubbing off on her.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, if Bush et. al. can pacify the Mideast as he seems to be doing, and Rice can figure out a way to be perceived as a "tough architect of peace and democracy in the Mideast", she'd be in a pretty strong position.

I don't know of a single Republican in my social circles (and since I live in Mesa, that's almost everyone) who doesn't think she'd make a good president and would support her.

The giveaway would be if Cheney resigns due to health reasons (which is feasible), and Bush chooses Dr. Rice as his VP. At that point, I think it'd be pretty obvious that she'd get the Republican nomination and quite possibly the election as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would gladly support her

as President of Russia

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by allwayslooken
I would gladly support her

as President of Russia

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the subject of this thread!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Hmmm.... Rice vs Hillary in 2008? Could happen. Can anyone say....

OMGWTFCATFIGHT!!!!!!

Yes, these are two - shall we say strongly opinionated women.

However, IMO Condi has a MUCH better chance of winning then Clinton.

Clinton is almost universally hated, she is just not likeable. Condi will clean up if they run against each other.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As anyone that saw the clip can tell you, she simply misunderstood the question and immediately after saying "da, da, da", said "Nyet".

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
As anyone that saw the clip can tell you, she simply misunderstood the question and immediately after saying "da, da, da", said "Nyet".

Which goes to say that she's a fraud and her pre-supposed "expertise" in Russian matters is just as fake as the rest of her credentials

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

I admit I didn't see the clip, and this very well be the case...HOWEVER, I think it is at least just as likely that she would consider running for president.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
HOWEVER, I think it is at least just as likely that she would consider running for president.

What impact did she have on the real politics and events during her tenure?

Zelch, nada. She's a Bush's parrot. She can't possibly win with that kind of profile.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
She could simply be confused. It has happened in the past .... At least I think so. Wasn't she the one who slipped and called Dub her "husband" in a public place?

Off_the_street, I wish, as I am basically a Republican of sorts, I could see the attraction of the woman as President. Smart? Yes. Given to being tough? Yes! However, my instinctive "little" gut just doesn't trust her. Having said that though, I am simply realing at the Republican disconnect on the home front issues of people's wallets, jobs, and who is knocking at the border doors and who are we simply letting in. Having said that, I don't care much for Hilary either. Maybe, being in the Mid-West, I am to insulated from the reality of the situation?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Well, if Bush et. al. can pacify the Mideast as he seems to be doing,

- Excuse me?
Outside of the propagandists circles in the administration I find it difficult to believe anyone can seriously suggest this is the truth of what is actually happening in the ME right now.

If you really think Iraq and the rest are 'settling down' I suggest you pay a little more attention to the news......and if US news is so censored these days as to be incapable of telling you the truth then try someone elses.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

HOWEVER, I think it is at least just as likely that she would consider running for president.

What impact did she have on the real politics and events during her tenure?

Zelch, nada. She's a Bush's parrot. She can't possibly win with that kind of profile.

Against Hiilary? You must be kidding. Hell, I could beat Hillary if I were nominated. Clinton is the most universally disliked person in American politics.

Besides, just looking at who would vote for her she would win. Republicans are the most loyal voters, so count on almost all of them. She would steal a large part of the Black vote that normally goes Democratic. The whole South East and midwest would vote for her, Florida would go Republican again - this time by a wider margin.

Honestly, Hillary will be destroyed in an election regardless of who runs against her.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

She would steal a large part of the Black vote that normally goes Democratic.

- Do you really think so?
I don't.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nothing personal, Smink; but although the election of whomever the next President of my country is will impact you -- and although your perceptions of what is going on in the midease may be valid -- in the final analysis both your perceptions and opinions of our politics are irrelevant.

You don't get to vote, you see.

I'm sure there were a lot of Americans who were horrified that Mrs. Thatcher became your PM, too, but it didn't matter much.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Rice is black, and female, automatically making her a second class citizen to the GOP. Nothing more then a parrot, part of the construct created to win voters. What is this construct? That wherever Bush goes he is to have 1-2 asians, 1-2 blacks, 1-2 hispanics, and 1 person over the age of 65. He doesn't know these people, just the GOP picked them and told them to be pertty lookin figures for the cameras.

Hillary would kill Rice, she is strong, liberal, and female. Giving her every dem vote, while Rice is strong, black, and female, losing her every conservative vote. I can just see the slave/CSA/Jim Crow Law/blacks are property states voting for her, right after they vote in Islam as the official religon and dutch as the official language.......... Also, Da is yes, but Nyet is no, but she is suppose to know russian, right? How could she screw that up? Hell, Bush speaks spanish better then he does english.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
in the final analysis both your perceptions and opinions of our politics are irrelevant.

You don't get to vote, you see.

- I wouldn't have thought that was an especially relevant point on a message board particularly one with such a large international membership where people come and just debate the issues as they see them?

I'm sure there were a lot of Americans who were horrified that Mrs. Thatcher became your PM, too, but it didn't matter much.

- So what? What has 'matter' got to do with it?
They would have been joined by many many people in the UK.

Sorry, I was under the impression that people from all over the world came here to chew over the issues of the day as they saw them.
What has being able to vote in a particular election/country got to do with that?

I wouldn't simply dismiss an American view of British politics soley on the basis that the person hasn't a vote in Britain.......how rude is that?

But yes, as someone affected by US politics (especially given the British support for the USA) I feel entitled to chip in if only to give my 2 pennies.

......and as for SoS Rice?
I'd simply point out that from what I observe C. Powell has had a far higher 'profile' than her and his (senior position &) presence hardly saw huge swings of the 'black vote' to the Bush/Republican camp.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey, an outside observer usually knows what's going on better then the people inside the box. Also, Sminky is agreeing with me, so I am going to support Sminky, until they disagree with me.
(Kidding)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join