It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case for Roswell: Part IV (Section B) Conclusion Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by claymanthenimrod

Sorry for the bit of necromancing the thread here, but saw some questions I never answered...

1) My main "problem" with this event is the material. According to two of the witnesses of the crash the object seemed to be moving fairly slow. One guy (sorry for not using the names) say he estimated it was moving around 500-600 Mph and another widness said they saw it on the horizon for about 20 seconds and according to the map and where they were located this would sugest also that the object was not moving very fast. Now, at this speed with such amazingly strong material, how did the object get so badly damaged? Supposedly no one can cut, burn or break the stuff but witnesses describe a massive field of debris.

Witnesses of the crash? Keep in mind, there are a lot of witnesses involved in this story, and many witnesses have been discounted over the years, especially relating to any who stated they saw the crash. Remember, the debris on the ranch wasn't discovered until later.

2) I wonder why no one took any pictures of these events. Of the debris or of the military blockade. i know the military took all the debris from the witnesses but why didnt any of them take a picture of the stuff. (i am fairly young so i dont know how redily available cameras were in 1947)

Today, everyone has a camera right on their phone. In 1947, unless they were expecting to take pictures for an event, I can't imagine most would have a camera anywhere near them. Also, I can surely imagine the military would have confiscated any cameras they saw. I seem to recall one witness mentioning taking photos of debris (at the house), but they were seized along with the debris. I'll have to dig for that.

3) What are these people trying to burn the debris with? There is alot of material out there made to resist extremly high temperatures. If they were just using matches or even a acetylene torch as mentioned there are materials out there that can resist that kind of heat. I work with cars alot and cutting thin sheet metal with a acetylene torch painfully slow. I am sorry I am not providing examples of materials that resist heat well just because I do not have the time to do the research. If there are any interesting replys to my post I can hopefully do some research this weekend.

Well, I know it's been a while. I imagined it ranged from a lighter to torches. There are specific military witnesses that mention torches, and I can imagine that the responders to the first debris field (believing it to be a downed aircraft) would have brought them. Of course, we simply don't know any other tests conducted when the debris was flown to Ft. Worth and Wright Field.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Recently a thread was created entitled:

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

Roswell was mentioned during the thread which lead me to do some research.

originally posted by: The GUT
Roswell sounded good to me at one time. It seemed to possibly hold answers, but on closer inspection it falls easily apart, imo.

I feel that I don't know more than the average person about the UFO field. I read and post here because I find the interaction between posters interesting. I thought it was time to get into the details on this topic using the information posted here at ATS. I was pleasantly surprised to find Gazrok's Roswell Opus. Excellent job Gazrok! How did you find the time?!

However, I was disappointed to learn that very few skeptics responded to his threads. I wanted to make a list of arguments from both sides. I was shocked to see that nobody really touched on Gazrok's material. Was this just an oversight by the skeptics or is there a similar Anti-Roswell Opus that I missed?
edit on 26-10-2014 by compressedFusion because: Originally linked the wrong thread. Changed to the correct thread with quote

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
just read through all this, incredible work, This was better then any book i ve read on Roswell. Well done

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

If you check out Gut's confession thread, there is a bit more back and forth.

Other sources
Kevin Randle (one of the main Roswell investigators) has many blog entries on Roswell, but its not really organized for research unless you know what you are looking for. Quite a few blogs on Mogul which were interesting , and if you scroll to the bottom you will find some lively if not juvenile discussion (i mean this in the best possible way, its really entertaining at times) about the blog from many regulars like Gilles, Lance, Rudiak, CDA and others.

David Rudiak has some information on his RoswellProof site, especially if you are interested in the Ramey memo.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Commenting after I have seen most of what you have linked. The narratives you made are extremely concise and make it easy to establish the timeline in your head as everything unfolds. This is an important contribution to this site, and you should be well proud of it. I doubled my knowledge of this incident, even though I own many of the books!. Thank you.
edit on 11-5-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's Melvin E. Brown not Mlevin F. Brown Gazrok

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nice work, but I guess I'm a hardcore "show me the material" guy.

Sure, there are all kinds of interesting stories. I love a good story as much as the next guy. But when it comes to a story about possibly THE GREATEST EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, I find the hard evidence lacking -- not only from the time but also the assumed hundreds if not thousands of reports and images and scientific papers, etc., that would naturally be generated in the decades since that time. In a case like this, the paper trail shouldn't simply trickle away, it should explode.

I'm a fan of Bigfoot stories, too. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them. But even with Bigfoot we still occasionally get a photo now and then, or hair sample (which always turn out to be bears, but at least we get them) which already puts it a little higher on the "proven" list than the Roswell alien flying saucer.

As I've said before, I imagine that after the War the ranches around Roswell were getting rained on by all kinds of odd junk blasting out of White Sands, and it's recognized that the way the military likes to keep that kind of stuff secret continues to this day.

Stories versus hard evidence. Habeas corpus. All locked away in a super-secret location? Too bad, really. *shrug*

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This line of reasoning comes up in many threads, but if you think about some of the mass sighting cases, its just wishful thinking.

Where is all the evidence / pictures in cases like Belgium, Phoenix Lights, and Hudson Valley? Whether these were alien UFOs or just military projects, you are still left to wonder why there isnt more pictures available to analyze given the volume of people who witnessed them. It just doesnt happen.

Your position also assumes that if alien visitation is true, there are many cases of activity that would need to be covered up and it is unlikely it could be kept a secret for very long. But what if there are only a few true incidents of alien UFOs, much easier to cover up.

In the case of Roswell, its my understanding Randle has changed his position from probable alien UFO to a position of more uncertainty.

Some of the better cases I have looked at:
Levelland 57 - Several motorist encounter a glowing sphere that stops their motor, police try to locate the object and also see it.
New Guinea 58 - Father Gill and others wave at the aliens
Westall 66. Daylight sighting of a drone like craft that levitates up on a school campus.
Ravenna 66 - Several police chase ufo through 2 states
Minot AFB B-52 incident 68 - radar confirmation case
Colares 1977 - UFOs burning residents
Tehran 1977 - UFO engaged by Iranian F-4s.
Eupen 89,90 - (start in at 2:20min) start of the Belgium wave

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From personal research I've dug into, I believe it's just as plausible the Roswell incident could be "us" (native earth civilizations with shared DNA) from the distant future, or even very far (hundreds of millions to billions) in the past. Of course compared to extra terrestrial beings, or inter dimensional beings.

But how an advanced civilization would allow itself to crash its craft is beyond me. I'm sure "they" would have known all the pitfalls of navigating earth, if any and overly compensated for it; I.E. magnetic vortices, possible ancient earth defense mechanisms, earth frequencies that interfere with its navigation..ect.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join