It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've posted something similar to this before.

I'm a spiritual person as most on here are but obviously I'm a city dweller... a land lubber... an urbanite... I'm sitting here working for family in a financial service office in a suit.. slightly uncomfortable but still here.

But theres this thing with conflict, being 'empathetic' and working in the financial sector seems odd, maybe I've yet to adapt but does anyone else feel the same way? The odd feeling that a desert island with some fruit trees and amazonian women would 'suit' better, if you get my drift.

Damn vampiric society.

I'd go into a bit more detail but to sum it up its like being a greenpeace activist and having to work on an
oil rig.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Drifter
I've posted something similar to this before.

I'm a spiritual person as most on here are but obviously I'm a city dweller... a land lubber... an urbanite... I'm sitting here working for family in a financial service office in a suit.. slightly uncomfortable but still here.

But theres this thing with conflict, being 'empathetic' and working in the financial sector seems odd, maybe I've yet to adapt but does anyone else feel the same way? The odd feeling that a desert island with some fruit trees and amazonian women would 'suit' better, if you get my drift.

Damn vampiric society.

I'd go into a bit more detail but to sum it up its like being a greenpeace activist and having to work on an
oil rig.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm in the finance world too. It's very popular in the Northeast U.S. from what I understand. For a while I saw where I work to be a direct conflict for my beliefs, however there is good news. I've gone through a lot of talking with the big G and found there are very specific roles I'm supposed to provide. I'll share them and take anything you like if it fits:

Swim upstream - If people are making amoral desicions, advice them not to do it. A lot of times we're not in the power position to make them do the moral thing, but we need to help that voice in the back of their mind that says, "this isn't the right thing to do".

Be there - You'd be surprised how many people will confide in you when you keep your ears open and your mouth shut (to others). Listen, and when asked, council and advise. A lot of people feel the same way you do, going through the same challenges, and need help. Be there for them when they need you.

Hold steady - Hopefully the company you work for has a core set of values and principles that made the place an attractive place to work. If you have family there, treat them as family. In fact, treat all people like brothers and sisters even though they seem lost sometimes. Your company is your workday family.

Find your niche - This is ultra-tricky, I'll be candid. Sometimes it may take years, but work towards being constantly successful and get into a position that makes you feel good going to work everyday. Then, you'll be able to use your good decision-making skills for the benefit of others. Remember the impact on everyone, not just the company. You have customers, shareholders, and co-workers. Never step on the 'little guy' especially if they're taking out the trash or making your lunch. They have a lot of heart to do these things, a family, and a future too. Support everyone in their roles.

Create the win-win scenario - A lot of people feel they have to out-compete and shaft other people. Don't fall into this trap, it is a lie. Take care of others first, then yourself. A leader is someone who gets lifted to the top by helping others climb first.

Channel your money - You've been blessed with a good paying job. Where is your money going? To a shiny new car? A nice big house? Jewelry for the family? C'mon. Remember those people who have nothing in the world. The church probably has active charities to give time and/or money to. Sponsor a child www.christianchildrensfund.org... , give people human rights to live in peace www.amnesty.org... , or pick one of a boatload of organizations working to repair the tsunami disaster www.networkforgood.org... . Your power is in your finances. Give regularly and your return will be never-ending.

I hope something here helps and would be very interested in hearing an update.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I heard you on my cig break, I'm glad to find someone that relates as well.

Its something i've been trying to seek an answer to for a long time and as said i really am glad you can relate cause its something I have to live with. Of course theres people that say, ''if you were so devout you wouldn't do it'' but theres no escaping it no matter what I have to work somewhere... I gotta eat!

I've even considered making my money and moving to a hot country to just live and not bother anyone, Portugal or someplace nice. I've got a thing about doing good (prehaps too much?) and selling money grinds with that keep thinking,

'what if this person can't repay one day?'

Feel to constantly ask if they can keep up payments,

''are you sure you need so much? have you asked your family to lend you anything?''

Its not too bad here its more business to business, I guess the conspirisory theorists wouldn't like me, augmenting with the beast or something... damn it.

Your power is in your finances. Give regularly and your return will be never-ending.

I'm commiting myself to a charity called farm africa, might even go there one day, i've gotta trace my tree walk with the people got a feeling I'm gonna give my heart out when i'm older.

Thanks Saint!

If theres anyway i can help you plz give me a shout

Peace. Drifter.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yes, that subject line will get me lynched here, I know but please let me speak first. Food, water, shelter for you and your family and others is important. That's it. Money above and beyond is not. I'm not saying anyone here is "EEEEEVILLLLL" because they have some spending cash, because I'd have to be pointing to myself too. What I'm saying is who you are and who the people are around you far surpasses cash. That's where a person's caring and concern needs to be despite the situation at home or work.

'what if this person can't repay one day?'

Money isn't everything.

Feel to constantly ask if they can keep up payments,

''are you sure you need so much? have you asked your family to lend you anything?''

Encouraging people to rely on their family (even financially) can draw them closer together. You never know. Trust God to work out the details.

Its not too bad here its more business to business, I guess the conspirisory theorists wouldn't like me, augmenting with the beast or something... damn it.

Hey, as someone who's been in debt for more than a decade, I can honestly say it was the best thing I could've done for my family. I started with $0, went way negative, but starting to move ahead significantly. If not for that debt, spouse and kid would have very little, no home, etc. I'm making good on my word to pay back and wouldn't trade those years for anything.

I'm commiting myself to a charity called farm africa, might even go there one day, i've gotta trace my tree walk with the people got a feeling I'm gonna give my heart out when i'm older.

Awesome awesome. I need to get more involved myself.

Thanks Saint!

Anytime

If theres anyway i can help you plz give me a shout

Peace. Drifter.

As a matter of fact you can. If you'd like to make good on it, feel free to U2U me. It has nothing to do with money.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The odd feeling that a desert island with some fruit trees and amazonian women would 'suit' better, if you get my drift.

I think about it everyday and I've only been working in this vampire society for a three years.....(20)

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
..................... but to sum it up its like being a greenpeace activist and having to work on an
oil rig.

Hi DriftingEntity,(can't help it)
This is funny
I am an ecoligically very aware activist ( not green peace) and I worked on an oilrigg in the North Sea!!!! It WAS a paradox, but I sold my ethics for cool cash. (sorry)
I see no conflict in your supposed dilema, just wear different masques, the role can't change you the masque can't, nothing from the "out side" can change the true YOU. But you have to consiously grasp that Me/You. I see this place as a theater in some ways, play the game, but don't mix it up with your inner truth. Split personality's

WrenLittle

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Wren]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think a lot about moving to foreign lands such as Thailand....that'd be cool, but I first must get an education and some money.....maybe I'll write a book or something when I get there.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wren
This is funny
I am an ecoligically very aware activist ( not green peace) and I worked on an oilrigg in the North Sea!!!! It WAS a paradox, but I sold my ethics for cool cash. (sorry)

How great would it be if you tried to help everyone as ecologically and ethically aware as possible for the job you do? Even just advocating the moral way of doing things would have a tremdous impact on your crew I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic_Messiah
I think a lot about moving to foreign lands such as Thailand....that'd be cool, but I first must get an education and some money.....maybe I'll write a book or something when I get there.

I was thinking a small hilltop in China...next to a remote village. Practice Wushu, meditate, read the Book, write, etc. Perhaps a vacation, but I'm a bit hyper to make it a lifestyle at this time.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi Saint4,
If you only knew how much trouble that gets one into, but alas I am a born wistle blower, I have a fine record of "The One" who confronts injustice (towards planet, people).

WrenLittle

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hi Saint4,
If you only knew how much trouble that gets one into, but alas I am a born wistle blower, I have a fine record of "The One" who confronts injustice (towards planet, people).

WrenLittle

You're right, I don't know what it's like there. I was just thinking of trying on the individual basis to be morally upstanding and when others ask advice to give the same. When you take care of doing right in yourself first, others will tend to draw to you like a magnet. It's rough no doubt. I cannot walk up to someone at work and say "what you're doing is wrong!" nor is it what God wants me to do. When has anyone ever responded to that as, "oh gee! I guess you're right, I'll stop"? God has give me (and I believe everyone) the opportunity to be honest and straightforward towards people, so that when they need such an answer or have a question, they come to me. I've not found in any written or unwritten business law saying you need to be a criminal, lie, deceive and backstab to be successful. There are win-win situations but require work and creativity to make it happen. As soon as I master how to do it, I'll let ya know
but we gotta try.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

..................... but to sum it up its like being a greenpeace activist and having to work on an
oil rig.

Hi DriftingEntity,(can't help it)
This is funny
I see no conflict in your supposed dilema, just wear different masques, the role can't change you the masque can't, nothing from the "out side" can change the true YOU. But you have to consiously grasp that Me/You. I see this place as a theater in some ways, play the game, but don't mix it up with your inner truth. Split personality's

WrenLittle

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Wren]

Hello there wren.

Got your u2u, I can't reply though, I need 20 posts or something. Glad you can relate though we have a lot in common. In the office now, I'll try and u2u back when I top up a few posts.

new topics

top topics

join