It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an athiest has some questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hello xpert11,
One of the things that I've found to be true is that people who have...well, what should we call it????...let's say an intellectual and or inquiring mind are almost always the easiest to decieve thenselves. To put it bluntly with no offence intended...do you really think that there is a single thought or question that you have personally encountered that has not yet been entertained by millions upon millions of people for eons and eons of time? You have thought of NOTHING NEW AT ALL!!! Now, if you can accept this you must also know that all of the supposed 'deep thinkers' of all ages all asking the same questions over and over again have NEVER come up with "THE ANSWER". And part of the reason for that is simply because even if they get "THE ANSWER" they are so incredibly absorbed with still asking questions and 'deep intellectual thinking' that the answer simply passess them by! They are so in love with pondering the "deep mysteries of the universe" and contemplating esoteric theories that they really DON"T WANT AN ANSWER (even though they will INSIST that they do) because then they wrongly believe that they won't have anything to "think about" anymore! (How boring!!!) Some people are so in love with their intellect that they are actually self-destructive (like Da Vinci for example) Do you REALLY WANT to know if there's a God or do you just love to debate? So what happens is that multitudes of people try changing something outside in an attempt to fix something inside...like changing religions, or spouses, or philosophy or jobs or living locations...etc...forget it...IT DOSEN'T WORK!!! NONE OF IT!!! QUIT LOOKING TO ANYONE (ESPECIALLY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE) FOR ANSWERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!!! I've been where you're at!!! It took me many years of searching but I found MY answer...and in finding it I now have a bit of true peace and calm...but believe me I'm still on the road to True Spiritual learning which is the MOST WONDERFUL ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME!!! May I suggest that you cease from "thinking about" your answers and shut that infernal noise factory down!!! You're not going to get any true answers from your own mind!!! People have been trying that for ages with NO SUCCESS!! How can light come from darkness? How can the mind that posed the question in the first place answer itself? That's like expecting a tornado to clean up the town it just destroyed! Insted, if you TRULY want answers you must seek 'WISDOM' NOT 'MIND'! This is something that comes from ABOVE your mind! It is something that is not a part of the present 'YOU'. For brevitys' sake I'll leave it right there. However, I have access to wonderful tapes and videos that can help you if you are TRULY sincere. (No, I'm not selling anything!) My personal teacher always expounded on how very few REALLY SINCERE seekers there are in the world...even though they will INSIST thet they are!!! He once told this story: There were once 10 seekers of wisdom who approached the house of a known wise man for council. The wise man stated "The first thing I will tell you is that few if any of you really want the truth I would teach you! Think about this and if you like you can come back tomorrow! Now go home!" And he shut the door. The next day as the teacher went to his door he found only one seeker had returned. "Now, what have you learned?" the teacher asked. "I have learned that you are correct" the young seeker replied. "Come in" said the wise man.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sorry expert11,
Hope that wasen't too much for you!

It usually is for most people. (Especially religious people)
They think it's some kink of "new age stuff" when actually it's really all quite Biblical. Best to you on your Spiritual Quest! A great martyr for Christ and a truly, uniquely inspired Holy Spirit filled man was Watchman Nee. His books are the beyond question the most Spiritualy inspired books I've ever read and perhaps known to modern Christendom. However after speaking with many Christians about masterpieces like Nee's "The Spiritual Man" most of them just shrug their shoulders and say "I tried to read it but I just couldn't understand it." Perhaps his books can help you on your search. Good Luck!

[edit on 24-4-2005 by lapi7]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sunday morning mail AH
Hi xpert, good thread this topic never dies does it?
Your question, or was it a statement?, was "How we were tricked" right?
Man is not known to be of the most selfpreserving logical nature, we venture into lethal endeavors with very egocentric motives. History reveals thousands of examples of brainwash.
We feel so inferior as single individuals that we create "systems" (religions, clubs etc.) to masque our deepest fear of aloneness. Our whole being cries for oneness and so we delude ourselves as "members" of some manmade construction that frees us of our true vocation to take responsibility of ourselves, our "neighbor, our planet. We are cowards:shk:.
We trick ourselves over and over again.
But, here comes the big BUT. And I won't start preaching, I promise, I won't quote endless bible verses, I won't tell you you are wrong, but I will refer to St. John of the Cross's, a shcolar of CC; work "The Dark Night of the Soul", he speaks of the utter aloneness of man, the doubt the fear and the need to face ones fear not to fall into the trap of
comformatism.Comformatism is adapting to exterior rules that frees one from personal responsibility.
As I say to every athiest "God does not sieze to exist because you claim He/She/It doesn't" (the, he she it, is so I don't offend all those of very strict belief systems)
But we aren't discussing the existence of a Diety but the stupidity of Man, or is your question a challenge to find that one answer that will prove you are wrong, becuase if it is, I truely believe no man can reveal the proof only the Spirit of God can open ones eyes when the time is due. And the Spirit ".....goes where ever It wills...." Ups, a qoute, sorry.:bash:
Have A Nice One
WrenLittle

new topics

<< 1   >>

join