It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are members of other forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I was a member at gamespot forums but i do visit it regularly but i dont post and there are many more but most imp are ats and gamespot.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I only post on ATS. But am a member of about 3 others sites (mostly 3d design...)

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm a dedicated Farker

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have another name on the internet.. this name I just made up cause of being paranoid when I signed up.. but ended up keeping it... anyway my original name is DeathGoth on the internet.. I am also like Sabastiaan I do 3d art and also a member of alot of 3d forums and sites.. also alot of game sites like UT and Halo and such..

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
ive scoured the internet for interesting forums. as sidetracked as i may get - i always come back to homebase: ATS. im not much into gaming or much else tech-related. ATS is by far the best forum ive ever encountered.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ive joined numerous forums in the past, mainly bad stuff, but ATS is my home where i spend most of my time.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I was aware of ATS a couple years before I joined & would stop by once a week or month & then when a few of my favorite places went down for awhile I lurked more often which eventually led me to join.

I belong to a handfull of forums most of which I use other handles.
While I spent more time at a couple other forums the last 6-7 years a couple of those have died.

I also hang out at sites of bands I like - mostly so I can get fan club seats when they tour as I'm too old to sit in the nose bleeds & I'm not paying scalpers $500 for a seat.

I'm also into computing & gaming so I hang at some of those places as well mostly for answers to problems or to answer questions to others problems, but ATS has become my current mainstop as I like the subjects & the diversity of the users. Besides it wouldn't feel right if I didn't have some feds lurking in the backround, so I always have to hang out somewhere that is somewhat on the edge of what your supposed to know or not supposed to know (??).

Before the World Wide Web I use to hang out at dial-up BBS's & then Compuserve before it was swallowed up by the WEB & then destroyed when taken over by AOL.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by outsider]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ATS/BTS/PTS/ATSNN are my primary bases.

I can also be found as Hellmutt at:

ID (Ignorance Denied),
Pythia (The Oracle)
and
Climatepatrol

Any other Hellmutt on the internet might be an "imposter"...
Find the links yourself, we´re not supposed to advertise for other boards in here (without permission) ...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
SaveFarscape, Scanzlines (cyber culture), The International VNV Nation forum, ATS/BTS/ID, Gamefaqs.com, Bimfactor (a friend's general forum), Sir Steve's guide to Star Wars as well as others. Mostly I haven't been posting because I've joined myspace.com, but I'm sure I'll get bored of that eventually and move on to the next thing. I get around.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ATS was the first forum I joined...and I've remained faithful and not joined another forum..go ATS

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Ive joined numerous forums in the past, mainly bad stuff, but ATS is my home where i spend most of my time.

Yes I have also.. Interestingly enough that this place is where i actually get my news in the world... I would be totally screwed if ATS went offline permantly...

The thought came to me last night when my g/f hashed it out for me.. I only watch local news for weather.. and I dont watch news period.. I get everything I need from ATS....

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ATS was my first and still is my main forum. I am a dedicated member of the FVZA and CGA forums, I've registered on two others. But ATS is still my home forum right next to the one I administrate.

But I also get most of my news from ATS, ATSNN is the best out there. I mostly hang around ATS because the topics are awesome, the mods are friendly yet responsible and the rest of the members actually have common snse.

The cool thing is that on most other forums I'm well respected thanks to my ATSer like common sense. So ATS has helped me with forum social skills. I'd like to say thanks to ATS for helping me with social skills and providing unbiased news. Thanks ATS, my first and still favorite forum of all time.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ATS and co. is easily the best, and the one I spend my most time on (duh).

But there ARE others. I've got at least friends who run forums of their own, significant forums with large memberships, two of them number in the hundreds.

I'm also a part of the Ambrosia Software boards. I don't post there at all, but I'm part of the IRC community, and a huge supporter of ASW, so it's only natural.

Still, ATS>*

new topics

top topics

join