It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Turns Purple After Being Given Medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Pelusa, a fourteen-year-old female polar bear, look through the bars of her cage at Mendoza's Zoo, some 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) west of Buenos Aires, Argentina, Tuesday, July 22, 2003. Pelusa, normally white, turned violet after veterinarians administered a drug to treat a skin's infection. Veterinarians said she should turn to her normal color within a month.

Yahoo

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok, I am being serious, I actually gasped in fear when I clicked this topic. I saw the topic in cryptozoology about this bear, but she looks ready to KILL in that picture. It looks like a vision you would see after a heavy night of P to the C to the P.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Damn. Now thats something you dont see everyday.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Already posted. I believe the zookeepers did it to draw crowds.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Second purple polar bear this week.

Amazing medical misadventure phenomena, huh?

BTW, I just noticed when I was leaving, great new pic!

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
That's really freaky, I'm leaning more towards vandals overnight with spray cans.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
That bear has been painted. What a cruel thing to do. Looks nice on her though. I like the color purple.
Anyways if you look closely I think I see her nails are partially painted....like with a spray gun. My question is how come there were no deaths envolved I cant see her standing there allowing someone to paint her. Unless they knocked her out.

In all seriousness..there is a dye that is administered to animals that was big in the 60s that used to turn pets purple.

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by LelandGaunt]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I sincerelly would have hoped that if she was painted, that there would have been some deaths. People who would do that have no right to exist on a world full of beautiful animals IMHO.

In response to the claws being colored too - well it was the skin that was dyed purple right? If WE were to be dyed purple, our nails would appear to be purple because of the skin underneath it. I am not saying that is the exact case with the bear (cause its claws are bigger and black), but there could be skin laced in there of something that gave it that look.

Or maybe she just scratched herself and some skin rubbed off on her paws, like dandruff...purple dandruff.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LelandGaunt
That bear has been painted. What a cruel thing to do. Looks nice on her though. I like the color purple.
Anyways if you look closely I think I see her nails are partially painted....like with a spray gun. My question is how come there were no deaths envolved I cant see her standing there allowing someone to paint her. Unless they knocked her out.

In all seriousness..there is a dye that is administered to animals that was big in the 60s that used to turn pets purple.

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by LelandGaunt]

Any proof or links to this? otherwise i dont belive you and anyway i dont i would belive your links anyway.

top topics

join