It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthday Present

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A "good" friend of mines birthday is coming up. This friend of mine is a love interest. What would be the best gift to give her? I was thinking roses. Not sure. What would be good?

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Roses are always a good choice to certain females.
BTW how old is your friend?
I tend to think female has a different of likes due to their ages.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalker
A "good" friend of mines birthday is coming up. This friend of mine is a love interest. What would be the best gift to give her? I was thinking roses. Not sure. What would be good?

Nightwalker

One rose and a gift certificate for a massage at a local spa.
If that don't work, I don't know what will.

-B.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Shes turning 16. Sweet sixteen. I dont think the spa/massage thing would do. Maybe in a few years.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, I can tell you what I would like. And that's it.

First, teenagers seem to like roses. So, that might be good.

I personally don't...especially if they are red roses. Red roses have been so highly bred that they no longer have any odor (if you get one that smells, that means your florist did the right thing and put fake rose smell on them). Other colored roses DO smell...I like them better...and they last longer. BUT, teenagers seem to like American red roses.

The spa thing is a nice idea, and usually 16 year old girls DO appreciate things like that.

This is a hard question. For instance I want to ask you...how much does she mean to you? is she an intellectual person? is she a romantic?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
She means the world to me and is at the top of our class. I would call her romantic yes.

Nightwalker

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Nightwalker]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well...I'd say Roses and your very own homemade candle light dinner will do the trick...
Remember to put on some nice soft music...R&B prefered.

Go get'em ace.....

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I agree. Go with the flowers. They haven't failed me yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Red or White or a mix?

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Red or White or a mix?

Nightwalker

Red and if u got the bucks, dun just buy a dozen.....
try 100 roses.

Imagine if you were a girl, how would you feel you got a bouquet of 100 roses...

It will make her feel special....

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I looked up how much 50 would cost. Some almost $300 dont have that much to spend. However a mixed dozen and a night out wont cost $300. I think I'll go with option B. I'd go with option A but I would have to have a bake sale or 2 or 3.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Shes turning 16. Sweet sixteen. I dont think the spa/massage thing would do. Maybe in a few years.

Nightwalker

hey man i just in that boat the exact situation. This girl also meant a lot to me, but i didn't wanna screw things up between the two of us so i got her a neutral gift. here's a few ideas

chocolate
if u want her to know how you feel then get roses
candle

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hmmm a candle. I must find a good candle. A candle on top of roses would be great.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If Roses are too expensive try a nice bunch of mixed flowers ,chocolate and maybe some perfume!

And a nice card with a nicely written birthday greeting !

Roses are red
Violets are blue,
sorry to say
I couldn't afford
many Roses for you!

Dont use this one.....

Im sure a nice written birthday wish to her would do nicely!
helen..

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A coloured ceramic egg...trust me on this one man

And white roses

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A wierd coincidence happened. My friend had a wierd dream. She dreamed that there were 40 dozen roses in her room. But right in front of her dorr was one dead one. What does it mean???

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But I think we'd need more to go on...

Anything else in the room, on the door, outside the door? Anything happen to her earlier in the day, that had to do with a rose or roses...

Just for a future birthday, etc. Instead of a spa treatment, she might like a manicure/pedicure, nail session, etc. One of my fiance's favorite things to do, and more affordable for your age group....

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
She sadi there was a big house. And then next to this house was a little room thing not connected to the house. It was as big as her room she said and full of roses. And one dead one outside the door.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You have to then combine this with what's going on in her life...

Basically, we have one of something, outside a room, while more of it is inside the room (she is expecting more of this one thing later). The one outside, was once as good as those she expects to come later, but this one (the one outside), has died (not come to pass, died literally, or simply grown old).

The trick will be coming up with what the rose symbolizes to her. Also, if she was in the dream, her placement may be significant too....

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you buy her roses get plastic ones, the real ones die too quickly, if she is the top of her class get her a good book! A far better gift than silly flowers.

How about jewelery or a car?

BTW plastic roses are also good because if you break up you can ask for them back an give them to the next person.

She means the world to me and is at the top of our class. I would call her romantic yes.

Nightwalker

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Nightwalker]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join