It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy be-lated 80th Birthday Bob Dole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Another decent man & rare Republican! I don't agree with Dole, but he's fair. Despite politcs, Dole is a stand up American who always tried to stand up for what he believed in. I respect that. Also, a decorated War Hero who has served his country proud!

I was watching him on Larry King the other night when Bill Clinton called to wish him a Happy Birthday. It was Bill Clinton who actually made me brush up on Dole & want to learn more about him. The show turned into a lovefest w/Clinton telling Dole how much he loves him as a person, & how much he admires Doleas a good American. "And Dole cares about the little people-he cared about the people of Bosnia & Kosovo," Clinton said, recounting how Dole, who ran against him in the election,put aside politics to stand before Congress & support Clinton's sending troops into Bosnia. The two Men genuinely sounded as if they like each other.

It makes me long for the old days when Democrats & Republicans really could put aside politics & work together for the good of the country.

join