It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US planning a bloodbath in Venezuela

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here's a list of U.S. political parties:

www.politics1.com...

I see a lot more than two there!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

www.politics1.com...

I think they mean more than two WITH power. Its a fact that there are now:
+ Republicans: 55
+ Democrats: 44
+ Independent: 1

In control of the Congress.

The Congress would work much better and create efficent policies if they ALL had to work together to develop the policies instead of there being two agenda's.

IMO, it would work better if it were:
Republicans= 25 seats
Democrats= 25 seats
Independant= 25 seats
Other Parties=25 seats

Do you agree?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bascially you can see who is with and who is against Chavez... The people who believe that the Rich should stay rich and that Latin America must bow down to the will of the USA, are against Chavez.

The people who belive that the wealth of a country belongs to the people of that country, and the poor deserve a cut of the weallth more so than the already filthy rich corporation, support Chavez...

Its clearly a matter of Greed vs Compassion.

The line that the 'election was rigged' is always used when the peoples favourite isnt that of the USA... remember the Venezualan elections were fine and there was no criticism by the International observers...

I seem to remember in the US elections many observers were critical not only of the voting machines, but also the accesability to voting booths in some poorer areas... now which one seems fairer... i know the US right doesnt care what the rest of the world thinks... but when it comes to worl politics, its the world, not the USA that decides fair or not.

I'm sure the CIA will try to oust Chavez again... but they cant afford to let him live cozthey know he is popular amongst his people, so i'm afraid the CIA will try to kill him once and for all... typical of the USA trying to shape the world to better suit the needs if its own people and companies, and disregarding the soveriegn rights of other lands.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

www.politics1.com...

All tha link does is show that, while the US only has two real parties that ever get a chance to win an election, it is trying tiis best to have an illusion that this is otherwise...

American Politics is as corrupt as that of Mugabe in Zimbabwe... the difference is the US gives you the illusion of choice... 'see we have the far right Republicans... then we have the not so far righ Democrats... we'll call the latter left to make it seem like we have a choice'. It is driven by money... those who donate huge amounts to a succesful presidents campaign get lots of favours... can you smell corrupt... someone needs to come and invade you guys and install a real democracy that protects the people not the rich.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You have to blame the voters rather than the system for that. There have been other political parties that formed and dissolved over American history that did indeed have much power. The Republican Party was a single-issue party formed to fight slavery that evolved into a major general-issue party. It can happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Not really, Sorry for screwing up the thread, but I only had two choices in the last election because no other party was allowed on the ballots in my state. Anyways, I am not trying to argue just stat what I know.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure but is it illegal under US law to assassinate the leader of another country? I think it is, but can it be overruled by a presidential order?

And people don't complain about the U.S. voting system just because your still angry about Bush wining, stop being sore losers!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I'm not sure but is it illegal under US law to assassinate the leader of another country? I think it is, but can it be overruled by a presidential order?

It is a law in the U.N. and plausible deniability works great!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

And people don't complain about the U.S. voting system just because your still angry about Bush wining, stop being sore losers!

No its not legal... but since when does the USA care... If the CIA do it covertly who's to know? In fact they'll probably blame Chavez for assassisnating himself just to drive the nail home... or Maybe Osama will get the blame... or they'll fabricate WMD's, and ties to Osama and invade... the US doesnt care whats legal... they just change the facts of a situation to make the situation legal.

Also your election system is flawed... seeing as you claim yourselves to be so democratic, yet your election system is the laughing stock for the rest of the worlds democracys...

Australia had a referendum a few years back to become a republic. There is huge public support here to do this... but the referendum was shot down at the ballots... why? Because the system used was based on the US election system and every said we're much more democratic now than we would have been if we'd adopted the US election system... this was BEFORE bush came to power...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This thread has turned into a US vs the rest of the world thread... i wonder why that happens so often...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
This thread has turned into a US vs the rest of the world thread... i wonder why that happens so often...

Hahahahaha, because propaganda influences us all. Our ideals our influenced by televisions, radio, etc. The context of our thoughts are in the wider context of perception disperesed by an enigma of machines controlled by the ultimate enigma.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I do not know how you can have a democracy without compulsory voting... Australia has this for Elections... Pity the US doesnt, and like someone has mentioned - the poor people often don't get the chance to vote - because it wouldn't suit the capitalistic desires of US Corporations...

Which in reality is who ACTUALLY runs your country...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Which in reality is who ACTUALLY runs your country...

I'd rather have corporations ruining my country slowly than have Ernesto Rafael Guevara de la Serna and Fidel Castro ruin it suddenly, such as in Cuba.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd rather have Castro than the corporations... in fact i'm thinking about going to cuba and helping the workers in the fields out...

what i never understood is why people need to be filthy rich... its just greed to me... sure being comfortable is ok, having a small amount of wealth is cool, but to have billions of dollars hoarded that you'll never use? ridiculous i say... give me wealth distribution anyday!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
what i never understood is why people need to be filthy rich... its just greed to me... sure being comfortable is ok, having a small amount of wealth is cool, but to have billions of dollars hoarded that you'll never use? ridiculous i say... give me wealth distribution anyday!

In that case, why go to Cuba? France has a good system, I've considered moving to France.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's not like you can discuss things properly from a leftist perspective; I have no problem with someone who can do so.

But your failure is that you merely quote fron any leftist source as though it were the sole purveyor of gospel truth. There's no difference between your kind and the rabid right: It's just a case of putting a bankrupt philosophy and asinine agenda before common sense or even coherent thought.

You have added ghostsoldier to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind here, with $50 a barrel oil prices, Chavez can afford to do many things for his people to gain their loyalty.

Cuba doesn't have the oil dollars and look at it.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Chavez must be stopped. While we focus on the Middle East, we can't neglect our own hemisphere and allow our neighbors to fall victim to the dark forces of communism. I support whatever our leaders decide is best to keep leftists from regaining a foothold in Central and South America.
[edit on 4/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

Lol we have tried to stop Chavez but we can't seem to kill em. Why do we want to kill him? Oh yeah, he said screw America for trying to assasinate me and topple democracy in Venezuela. He also stated he would squeeze our balls until they were ripe watermelon size with gas prices because of our ill attempts at displacing him. Seeing that Venezueal accounts for 15% of U.S. oil - I wonder why the gas prices are so high? Oh thats right the President said we're running out of oil, or they couldn't keep up with supply, something like that. Yes, the dark forces of Communism - the red beast back from the dead to strike fear in the hearts of mankind everywhere!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I'm not sure but is it illegal under US law to assassinate the leader of another country?

It's not illegal if I don't tell you I'm doing it.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In that case, why go to Cuba? France has a good system, I've considered moving to France.

What so good about France they are as corrupt as any other country.....There strike policy bring the country to a stand still every 4 or so months lol.

And in my opinion they are helping bring down something that could be great for this planet.....Europe.....They need to stop think of Europe as a way of getting what they want a screw the rest and start using it like it should be used for.Economic and to show ppl that a single goverment can work for multiple nationalities and i dont mean NWO before someone starts.

Well if America is getting 15% of their gas from them why you think they want to invade lol...They took Iraq because it has the largest untouched resources.
Do they get it at cut price by any chance?

I did mean it as only 2 parties have any power as you never hear about any other parties within your elections...On tv it always usually only mentions Democrats or republicans never hear about any other parties.

lol sore about Bush winning the election lol aint it the Americans that are sore isn't he slowing your economy like nothing on earth with these wars and poor economical policy.....Didnt your Stock market plung badly a few days ago amid economical fears that are stopping many American from spending.

Why is it always called communism when an elected leader does something for the ppl..... Labour in the UK was made fo the ppl to speak for the ppl (That was lost many years ago) but thy were not commies just a left sided party. Does it scare you haters that someone that is elected by their ppl actually wants to do as a goverment should and help them to prosper. Have you all forgotten what it like to have a goverment that gives a damn.

UK elections around 5th may we suppose to have the most uncorrupt voting system but not if postal votting is used i hear corruption. Labour aint the best choice but it alot better than the rest....My vote going with SNP thou.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join